Do Movement Skills Disrupt "While Stationary"?

Title. If I use a movement skill, but do not physical walk, am I still considered stationary for purpose of mechanics such as Soul of Tukohama and Arctic Armor? Wiki seems to not mention this. If I only use a movement skill and do not manually walk anywhere, does it consider me remaining stationary?
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2017, 8:37:52 AM
If you are moving, at all, in any way, then by definition you are not stationary. This includes movement by walking, movement skills like Leap Slam, or being knocked back by enemies.

If you move instantly by teleporting with a skill, then since the move takes no time, there is no point in time at which you are not getting "while stationary" bonuses, but because you were not continuously stationary (you did move), the Soul of Tukohama effect will be reset.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 21, 2017, 12:22:30 AM
Some do, some don't.
I don't know about flame dash, but whirling blades, cyclone, shield charge and leap slam break stationary, lightning warp, illusory warp and flicker don't
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Flame dash does disrupt while stationary.

Lightning warp does not.

"With Arctic Armour
Lightning Warp can be used as a method of travel when using Arctic Armour, since this will allow the player to always remain stationary and thus always receive Arctic Armour's less Damage taken while stationary bonus."

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Warp

I know flame dash does as I have the ascendancy active that gives you dmg reduction per sec while stationary. If you use flame dash the value reduces to the minimum then increases again while stationary.
That will also be the case with Lightning Warp, since it will reset any "while stationary" counts, since you moved.

You are always considered stationary, though, so things like Arctic Armour will always provide you with mitigation since there's no specific point in time where you are moving, even though you've moved.

If your position is given by the y-value and time as the x-value, this is an example of using Lightning Warp or Flame Dash or Flicker Strike. In these cases, you position changed - so you moved - but the slope of the graph is always 0 because you're not moving at any given time.
"
taggedjc wrote:
That will also be the case with Lightning Warp, since it will reset any "while stationary" counts, since you moved.

You are always considered stationary, though, so things like Arctic Armour will always provide you with mitigation since there's no specific point in time where you are moving, even though you've moved.

If your position is given by the y-value and time as the x-value, this is an example of using Lightning Warp or Flame Dash or Flicker Strike. In these cases, you position changed - so you moved - but the slope of the graph is always 0 because you're not moving at any given time.

So Arctic Armor is always active while flickering?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
If you are moving, at all, in any way, then by definition you are not stationary. This includes movement by walking, movement skills like Leap Slam, or being knocked back by enemies.

If you move instantly by teleporting with a skill, then since the move takes no time, there is no point in time at which you are not getting "while stationary" bonuses, but because you were not continuously stationary (you did move), the Soul of Tukohama effect will be reset.

Is shield charging in place considered stationary?
"
golan4840 wrote:
Is shield charging in place considered stationary?
If it's actually "in place", such that you don't move at all, then yes, because you never move. If you move, then you're moving.

There are no exceptions to this system. There is no special handling for any skills, whatsoever, with ragerd to whether you're stationary or not.

If your character's position in the level does not change, then you haven't moved, and were stationary. If it changes - for any reason - you moved, and were not continously stationary over that time. If it's currently changing, you are currently moving (and therefore not stationary).

What skills you are using are completely irrelevant to this system - all that matters is a change, or lack thereof, in where you are.
So conversely, Abberrath's bonus "5% reduced Fire Damage taken while moving" would also apply while cycloning and leap slamming, and not just when walking/running around, correct? Just making sure :)
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Aug 23, 2017, 3:16:00 AM
If you use flicker strike with oro's sacrifice and u hit a elemental reflect enemy, will the 5% reduced fire damage taken while moving reduce the damage or not?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info