[3.0] Windripper Pathfinder - easy Shaper/Guardians & smooth mapping (Shaper video up)

Character name: Autismo_Johnson
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DiscoveryChannel/characters

The following videos and PoB-link are with pretty basic gear at the beginning of the league, dps is about 30% higher by now (still don't have a useful helmet enchant)

Shaper (still missing +2 Barrage enchant):

Chimera (laggy as fuck, with awful smoke phases and terrible flask usage):

PoB (1.16 million Shaper DPS):

Skill Tree (level 92 or so):
Hello everyone,

after I had lots of success and fun playing Doomfletch Raider last league, I went on a mission to make Windripper great again. This is not a magic find version, although Bisco's Collar and Windripper do their part in adding to the loot pile.
The idea behind this build was to fit the good looks of the Windripper 3D-Art into an actual end-game build (I'm out of skin transfers).
This character melts Guardians and Shaper and is a pleasure to map with.

Gem Setup: Can be found in the linked gear pieces
Bandit: Skill Points (Alira might be even better)

Pros:
+ Lots of fun
+ Can do every Boss in the game
+ Shatters a lot
+ Movement speed and ailment/curse immunity make for smooth playstyle
+ Also it can facetank end-game content.
+ Independent of the Steel Ring Mafia

Cons:
- Was a horrible decision for a league starter
- Expensive!
- Can't do elemental reflect maps
- Requires quick fingers from time to time

This build basically requires two 6-links to feel good in red maps + Guardians/Shaper encounters at the same time. The good old combination of Tornado Shot and Barrage.
Until then a Tabula Rasa for the Tornado Shot setup will do for mapping.

Required uniques are:

And a Lioneye's Fall jewel to convert the claw nodes on the right edge of the passive tree.

Optional:

Other Gear:

I would go for colouring a Snowblind Grace before upgrading it to The Perfect Form.
Trying to get the 4 right off-colours on the Windripper or The Perfect Form can be tough on your currency.

Rares:
look for Life/WED/Crit Multi/Acc/Res on almost every piece in approximately that order. Also try to balance your Wise Oak to Lightning/Cold or only Lightning damage when Dying Sun is active.

Defense:
- 5k life
- around 50% evasion chance
- 30% attack dodge
- 45% spell dodge
- arctic armour
- quick movement speed
- blink arrow
- shatter from Herald of Ice and knockback from King of the Hill while mapping
- Quicksilver Flask of Warding and Diamond Flask of Staunching

Offense:
- Barrage

The more cold resist you have, the more evasion you get from the perfect form.
Allocate the Point Blank Node on the Passive Tree for Guardians and Shaper and you are good to go. Once you have sufficient damage you can keep Point Blank allocated all the time while mapping.
You can leech through everything except shaper's slam, charged hydra shot, Minotaur slam with damage mods, and uber Atziri's usual bullshit.

Frequently given answers:
Spoiler
-Yes, you can use Lightning Arrow, Ice Shot or Sunder instead of Tornado Shot
-Yes, you can also play this as a Raider if you prefer
-Yes, Slower Projectiles does more damage than Faster Attacks
-Yes, your items are really nice
-Pantheon Powers are Brine King and Yugul, for now

That's it for now

faithfully yours,
DiscoveryChannel
Last edited by DiscoveryChannel on Sep 18, 2017, 2:46:58 PM
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2017, 5:59:19 AM
Nice to see a Shaper viable Windripper build, I'll try this out for sure. That Chimera dps looked very promising.
I miss windripper builds, this looks good. Only question... Since coloring is a bitch, what about running Blood Rage with Ice bite instead of lightning pen?
"
GeppetoQT wrote:
I miss windripper builds, this looks good. Only question... Since coloring is a bitch, what about running Blood Rage with Ice bite instead of lightning pen?

Haven't done the DPS comparison but I feel like running Blood Rage with Vaal Pact is unrelaxing at times. Lightning Penetration wins over Added Cold. The Pen is pretty amazing vs Guardians and Shaper (40% res IIRC). So the 37% penetration take Shaper from -7% to -44%. That is around 35% MORE damage (-44% from passives and Wise Oak).

You can use 1B from Vorici on a Snowblind Grace and you will colour the chest in like 300 average. Should even be somewhat okay on The Perfect Form, just worse.

edit: How do you keep up frenzies vs shaper and guardians anyways?
Last edited by DiscoveryChannel on Aug 20, 2017, 5:31:19 PM
"
"
GeppetoQT wrote:

Haven't done the DPS comparison but I feel like running Blood Rage with Vaal Pact is unrelaxing at times. The Pen is pretty amazing vs Guardians and Shaper (40% res IIRC). So the 37% penetration take Shaper from -7% to -44%. That is around 35% MORE damage (-44% from passives and Wise Oak).

You can use 1B from Vorici on a Snowblind Grace and you will colour the chest in like 300 average. Should even be somewhat okay on The Perfect Form, just worse.

edit: How do you keep up frenzies vs shaper and guardians anyways?

Good point, I am going to do this build right away. I have a 6 link ripper, but I have no idea how I will get the rest ...
what was your bandit choices?
"
GeppetoQT wrote:
what was your bandit choices?

Skill Points, was convenient when levelling. Alira is really good, too if you can part with 2 points somewhere on the tree.
what bandit talent did you take
Hey, i would like to try this windripper Build as MF Build, do i have to change anything in the SKilltree? Thank u
For start is good Windripper 6L and 6L Evasion rare chest?
IGN: iSteven_K

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info