Loosing experience when we die ?? WHY?

"
The exp penalty is there so you can not die your way up to level 100.

No one argue it shouldn't be easy to level to 100. People expect a grind. Death should be punishing, so people would death-zerg. At the same time, it must be not overly punishing that people stop wanting to push forward anymore. Anyone that want edge pf the seat experience will play HC already. Key is to find the balance.

My personal suggesting is to have exp lock every saqy 30mins, so you wouldn't lost more than 30mins exp progress. Thats hasrh ebough I feel, but not so harsh comparing to losting days of work, & have many players go, This is why I stop this build (or this game & move on)
"
KiadawP wrote:
Thats hasrh ebough I feel, but not so harsh comparing to losting days of work, & have many players go, This is why I stop this build (or this game & move on)

Not all builds are supposed to be able to make it to level 100.
Not all players are supposed to be able to make it to level 100.

It is like that on purpose. It gives the players a reason to continue to learning how to be better at the game and to need to learn how to make a better build. It also gives you a reason to keep trying to get better gear.

If you didn't need better gear, and you didn't need to learn how to play better, or how to build your character better, why would you continue playing?

The number of players they would lose if it was like that is far higher than how many they lose over xp loss.
Last edited by Qiox on Aug 20, 2017, 2:26:14 PM
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
The exp penalty is there so you can not die your way up to level 100.

No one argue it shouldn't be easy to level to 100. People expect a grind. Death should be punishing, so people would death-zerg. At the same time, it must be not overly punishing that people stop wanting to push forward anymore. Anyone that want edge pf the seat experience will play HC already. Key is to find the balance.

My personal suggesting is to have exp lock every saqy 30mins, so you wouldn't lost more than 30mins exp progress. Thats hasrh ebough I feel, but not so harsh comparing to losting days of work, & have many players go, This is why I stop this build (or this game & move on)

Finally someone cleaver^^ thank you dude, at least you, you understand.

For those who said to go play HC, are trolling? as KiadawP said, because of this mechanic, so many people stop pushing too far, (let's forget the build, gear, server latency...) just speak about loosing exp. This game is the BEST grinding game i've never seen, so the difficulty is not to not die and reach lvl 100, for me the difficulty is to get the perfect items (by grinding nd RnG...)

that's what i think.
"
Mutsu wrote:
Hello all;

First of all, i'm sorry to talk about this (but it become annoying and so frustrating...)

I really want to understand, the real goal or whatever from '' loosing experience when we die''

GGG, can you just remove this please, i don't see any advantage from this,

That'S only my opinion, i love the game, but....

PS: 90% we or (i) die because of server lags/latency....

thank you for reading me.
Without loosing exp, the game would be absolutely boring and useless. There wouldn't be goal to follow. I would left. Gaining level is the most satisfactory thing for me.
Last edited by Kastmar on Aug 20, 2017, 2:36:23 PM
"
Qiox wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:
Thats hasrh ebough I feel, but not so harsh comparing to losting days of work, & have many players go, This is why I stop this build (or this game & move on)

It is like that on purpose. It gives the players a reason to continue to learning how to be better at the game and to need to learn how to make a better build. It also gives you a reason to keep trying to get better gear.

If you didn't need better gear, and you didn't need to learn how to play better, or how to build your character better, why would you continue playing?

The number of players they would lose if it was like that is far higher than how many they lose over xp loss.
Exactly. there wouldn't be purpose to progress.
"
Qiox wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:

My thinking is everyone should be able to get to 100, just the pace. Thats the main difference with our thinking.

As far as PoE will lose more players if they change Exp penalty is debatable, unless someone has done a poll.

If a poll was conducted & most people like the xp penalty, than I stand corrected.
"
KiadawP wrote:
My thinking is everyone should be able to get to 100, just the pace. Thats the main difference with our thinking.

The developers have said getting to 100 is not supposed to be a sure thing. It is only meant to be achieved by a small percentage of the players.
Oh you softcore players. Haha.
Don't have any issues with the XP penalty, understand why it is there. Can sympathize with internet issues however, living in South Africa with the server with the best ping being an entire continent away from you, does cause some frustrations.
Running into XP loss loop is the test for your build. If you build wrong you won't be able to progress. Adapt and adjust your build or your playstyle and you will die less. Others might be satisfied once they get to 90+ and makes DPS builds that die a lot but farm fast. It is not like getting from 90 to 100 gives you a lot of things anyway. It is simply an option to go for that grind for those that choose to. It is a mental challenge for many.

People level to 100 in hardcore all the time. If they can do it, you can do it in softcore with the correct mindset and determination. Wish you best of luck. For mkyself I deliberately choose not to go for it. I would rather reroll and play some other build than doing thousands of maps with same build :)

If connection issues is the reason you are dying just don't even try to get to 100. It is just not worth the pain and agony :P
Last edited by arknath on Aug 20, 2017, 3:00:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info