3.0 Glacial Cascade Shocker - 100% Fire Conversion - MoM/VP/Acro

"
rliiack wrote:
Is there any point to take Vaal Pact if I don't plan on using Life Leech (because I am too poor for 6l)?

This build has almost zero Regen from the tree, so unless you stack it super-high with gear then there's almost no downside to taking Vaal Pact, and lots of upside with the instant recovery. You just have to get a reliable source of leech from somewhere - from the gem of Warlord's Mark or from your gear, etc.
Does it still work in 3.1.0 ?
I would be interested to know how to adapt this build for 3.1, too! So far, I like the way Glacial Cascade works, and I hope to see improvement as I gear and level up.

Edited this post ... because I am a noob, and didn't understand the way Avatar of Fire worked.

After doing a bit of research (and wasting couple of refund passive points) I began to think that this build still works in 3.1, at least for the conversion bits. Vaal Pact is now moved too far away to be obtainable by this build though.

So, I've managed to convert all my cold damage to fire, and popping on the Three Dragons will now enable me to shock the mobs. Not sure if I like losing the freeze ability though ... we'll see how that works out.

Currently sitting on 11k dps, which should only improve once I get better gems and gear.

Comments and suggestions on how to improve welcome! Just, be nice :P

Cheers!

PS. I am frustrated by the lack of in-game tools to determine dps and stats for a character, particularly when comparing gear. How do others do it, and account for the numbers that they report?
Last edited by cat64fish on Dec 19, 2017, 8:32:27 AM
"
cat64fish wrote:

PS. I am frustrated by the lack of in-game tools to determine dps and stats for a character, particularly when comparing gear. How do others do it, and account for the numbers that they report?

The standalone tool Path of Building is great for this.
You can find the installer here: https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases
Last edited by ipsec on Dec 19, 2017, 10:13:42 AM
"
ipsec wrote:
"
cat64fish wrote:

The standalone tool Path of Building is great for this.
You can find the installer here: https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

Nice ... Thanks!
hello, what should i do about the vaal pact, since its moved down on the skill tree i do not know what to do about it, seems like a good passive to have in the build tho, or do i not need it since its reworked?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info