[3.0] Crit Starforge Lacerate Shaper/Guardians/Budget/Biscos 6K HP 800kDPS+

Hi

This entire build cost me around 450-500 chaos. A huge majority of that being starforge being around 365 chaos on it's own. Every other item is an under 25c rare, most of which I bought for around 5-10c and crafted better. Without the starforge the build costs around only 85c and will work great vs anything up to tier 16 maps. Using a 2c terminus est instead of a starforge has no DPS decrease, just defence decrease.

Videos

Path of Building
My gear in game, gem setups, DPS/Defences: https://pastebin.com/Jgvv9m79

Using very expensive gear I managed to get my DPS in path of building up to 1.8 million DPS if you include shock, the reality is everything you come across in general mapping dies instantly and bosses last 3-10 seconds when you run into the boss room fully buffed. Without counting the shock damage this build will deal anywhere from 200k DPS to 800k DPS depending on the situations, including shock up to 1.2 million. During general mapping you will do at least 150-180k tooltip DPS (360kDPS without counting any kind of maim/shock/diamond flask/ruthless etc that doesn't show on tooltip, because it only shows one slash and doesn't calculate most things in tooltip.)

DPS_Screenshots

Unbuffed

Buffed

Buffed and Shocked

Tooltip DPS, per 1 slash

My idea for the build is quite simple, using starforge to shock, the new brutality and ruthless gems to scale as much pure physical damage as possible, and on every third hit the damage will always be going higher thanks to the new shock rework as well, meaning we will pretty much always be shocking for increasing DPS as the fight continues. Each third hit will always increase DPS until EVENTUALLY you reach the max shock. Adding in the new maim also, the DPS is more than enough for anything in the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros

Very noob friendly, uses very little confusing mechanics and only scales pure physical damage so you can't go wrong as long as you copy the gem setups.
Can do ALL content solo.
Very high DPS without many uniques.
40% chance to evade attacks, 40% chance to dodge attacks, 30% chance to dodge spells.
6K+ HP, up to 7k with a full min/maxed build.
A realistic build, with many ways to change gear around depending on your budget because most items are just cheap rares.
Elemental weakness capped
Can farm uber lab with slayer cull
'Melee' build with knockback that can kill enemies on the edge of the screen without increased AoE gem

Cons

Increased physical damage taken from abyssus can be painful together with certain crit/vulnerability map mods
Can't do phys reflect maps
Some maps with enfeeble, phys damage reduction and enemy monster life all at the same time have to be rerolled because it takes too long
Not the fastest vaal fireball clearspeed, can't offscreen kill enemies
Costs a few regrets when swapping to swords
Can't use some flasks because they're elemental/chaos damage
No endurance charge generation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mandatory Gear
Mandatory

The Abyssus is mandatory for this build, it costs around 25c and should be the first thing you buy. Bisco's collar is the second "main" item you buy after completing a decent set of rare gear that caps your resistances, it will get you so much currency from just farming maps you'll be able to afford starforge twice as fast.

Screenshots/Proof
Screenshots

twinned t15 down on a 5 link terminus est very early into the league and obviously the shaper kill. I also solo'd all guardians quite easily. Using a terminus est on day 2 I killed the minotaur using a 5 link also.

Bandits
Bandits
Help Alira, kill rest

Gear and gem links
Gear

The final build would likely use a Kintsugi instead of a random 6 link, try to 6 link the starforge instead of the kintsugi if you can as rolling 5 off colour links on a kintsugi is incredibly hard and expensive

Pantheon
Pantheon

Major God - Soul of Lunaris
Minor God - Soulf of Ralakesh

Ascendancy order
Ascendancy

Headsman first, brutal Fervour second

Gem Links Explained

GemLinks

Damage
Lacerate, Multistrike, Brutality, Conc Effect/Inc Crits, Melee Physical damage, Ruthless.
Without starforge - Take out Brutality, put in Maim or Fortify.

CWDT1
Assassin's Mark (has to be uncastable by CWDT, level it up high), Curse on Hit lvl 20, Cast when Damage Taken lvl 1, Blade Vortex lvl 8. This setup will create a blade vortex around you every time you get hit, giving you power charge generation and making enemies take more damage.

CWDT2
Summon Ice Golem lvl 5, Cast when Damage Taken lvl 3, Immortal call lvl 5, Increased duration lvl 20 - Automatically casts your ice golem when you take damage and gives you immortal call when you lose around 10% of your HP

Movement
Leap slam, Faster attacks, Fortify. Fortifies on hit when you leap slam onto enemies.

AncestralWarchief
Ancestral Warchief, Faster attacks, Maim. Increases your damage by a huge amount vs bosses

EverythingElse
Arctic armour,Grace, Blood Rage and vaal haste/grace You can fit these anywhere leftover and they don't need to be linked to anything.

On budget before starforge
Budget
When on a budget before you can afford a starforge you will want to swap in these instead. You will replace Arctic armour and Grace with the Hatred and Herald of ash, and use terminus est instead of a starforge. Because you are now using elemental damage from the auras you will always want to take out brutality and replace it with maim (or fortify if you want to survive more while leveling.)

Gear Swaps
Swaps

For general mapping I use increased critical strikes, the AoE you have is more than enough and critting and oneshotting a pack more reliably feels far better than using increased area and not getting the crit. Against T16s and shaper I use concentrated effect, but anything less than t16 you can use crit strikes.

While mapping I also use bisco's 100% of the time, it's far too valuable. Against bosses like minotaur, shaper etc I swap out biscos outside the boss room for my normal amulet, which has life and some crit chance/multi.

In most maps I also use a basalt flask, the general physical damage reduction to help reduce the downsides of abyssus is great. Most stuff doesn't hit you at all anyway, but it's just my "defensive flask" I spam whenever I get into a bad situation, freeze and bleeds are the main things that kill me and this together with being a slayer solves both problems. Against shaper and hydra I used the sapphire flask.

How to gear up
GearingUp

You should first focus on life and resistances, buy tier 2 life items with decent resists on them, look for uncrafted armors with the ability to craft extra resists on for a couple chaos, eventually upgrade the life and resists to balance them out later. I mostly got my items by spotting ones people underpriced because they didn't check if it could have more resists on them.

Rings - you need around 200-250 accuracy and 40+ INT between them both, if you can afford diamond rings with life and resistances on them use diamond rings. Each of my rings were around 10-25c, before these I used simple life+resist rings I got for a couple chaos.

Amulet
You want 2 amulets, one for general mapping and one for hard bosses. You should buy bisco's as soon as possible as it will more than pay for itself in just a few hours of maps, try to get as much item quantity as possible. For your second amulet you want life, crit chance, crit multiplier and as much flat physical as you can get. For 10-20c you can get some great amulets that increase your damage a huge amount. You can craft critical chance but not multiplier so look for amulets with multiplier and craft on chance to save some money.

Body armour - you can pick up very cheap 6 links with life on them from poe.trade, put in the colours 4x red 1x blue 1x green, they're cheap because they're corrupted. Mine was 10c.

Gloves Life, resists, if you can get mana leech on gloves it can save you points on the tree and it's craftable so a lot of gloves will be able to be used. Only costs a couple chaos.

Boots Again just life and resists, only buy boots with 30% movespeed. Again I found some underpriced boots and crafted on them myself, got mine for 24c very early on, should be much cheaper by now.

Belt Try to get a physical damage belt, the implicit can add around 4% DPS and have similar life totals to some leather belts.

Jewels
For jewels you can use this poe.trade search to find them : http://poe.trade/search/ariumonihutore

Flasks
Diamond flask and lion's roar are the only good DPS increasing flasks you can use, I use the writhing jar to spawn the worms to kill them to get extra life leech as well as proc the "killed recently" buff when on bosses with no extra enemies.

Levelling Tree
Levelling

Basically just grab sunder as soon as you can, fill out the left side tree without the sword nodes and use any decent leveling axe/mace, spec into any generic 2 hand weapon nodes or specific weapon nodes. You can respec out of them later. You should be able to grab around 160% life on the left side of the tree being more than enough, you also get to grab some early resistances. It should look something like this:https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAQBAAHcBS0JlgxwE0wUIBRxF-EaPib4J58wdzWSOQ464Tu2P_xHfk3jTjJQR1n-XzlfP2RSZU1qHmo7dO12rHfjeA14enloeu-CB4TZhO-Fp4a0h2qK8Jd5my2lNaZXqSepbqmUrY2wq7KAtfK9Nr6nwBrBBMGjxILPftIh2L3ZfNrB4mHkUeoY7w7yL_JB8kX1Yfjr_gr-jw==

There are plenty of 2H levelling weapons to pick from, most of them are 1-2c at this point of the league. You should switch to swords and lacerate when you have "enough" attack speed and AoE, I switched pretty much after finishing act 10 and did merc lab. Sunder is just too smooth at levelling to pass up even if you have to spend a few regrets.

ty bye
Last edited by Slushiess on Aug 22, 2017, 4:25:19 PM
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2018, 7:13:38 AM
great post
Good music in a poe build video? What is this?
5/5 build guide, keep it up slushdude
IGN: RyanStiles / DrewCarey
Nice guide!

I was wondering what are some of the priorities to take in the skill tree?
Like after swapping from the leveling tree, should I go for the acrobatics? Or is that one of the last things to take? Same question for the priority of the right sword cluster and the evasion/life cluster.
"
PapaCristobal wrote:
Nice guide!

Like after swapping from the leveling tree, should I go for the acrobatics? Or is that one of the last things to take? Same question for the priority of the right sword cluster and the evasion/life cluster.

I would go for something like this : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAQBAABeAdwFLQYgBqIILgxwEPAUIBRxFSAX3BmOGbQaPhuqHOcj9iefLYMwfDGwO7ZHfk2SUEdRR185Xz9jF2VNah50oHTtd-N4enloeu99dYE6ggeE2YTvhaeGtIdqivCNfY2_my2jiqU1qSepbqmUsKuygL02vqfBBMEHxILL9dIh037UI9RS137ZfNrB3L3kUecP7YPuDu8O73ryL_JB8lr1Yfaj_ro=

Start on the left side first to easily cap resistances while levelling, then go to the right and get the sword nodes and acro, by the time you reach the right side you should be able to use a terminus est by then so picking specifically sword nodes isn't a problem

After that you can just fill things out as you need them like more int/accuracy/crit/life etc it's all easy to get when you want it.
"
Slushiess wrote:

I would go for something like this : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAQBAABeAdwFLQYgBqIILgxwEPAUIBRxFSAX3BmOGbQaPhuqHOcj9iefLYMwfDGwO7ZHfk2SUEdRR185Xz9jF2VNah50oHTtd-N4enloeu99dYE6ggeE2YTvhaeGtIdqivCNfY2_my2jiqU1qSepbqmUsKuygL02vqfBBMEHxILL9dIh037UI9RS137ZfNrB3L3kUecP7YPuDu8O73ryL_JB8lr1Yfaj_ro=

Start on the left side first to easily cap resistances while levelling, then go to the right and get the sword nodes and acro, by the time you reach the right side you should be able to use a terminus est by then so picking specifically sword nodes isn't a problem

After that you can just fill things out as you need them like more int/accuracy/crit/life etc it's all easy to get when you want it.

Thank you for the answer. I love the build currently as well :)
"
Slushiess wrote:
"
PapaCristobal wrote:
Nice guide!

"
PapaCristobal wrote:
"
Slushiess wrote:

Thank you for the answer. I love the build currently as well :)
The tree is not fullfilled how is ur at lvl 100 ?
Would kaoms heart or be a good option for chest? And instead of lacerate could you swap for flicker strike you think?
IGN CommonPsycho
Last edited by comonink on Sep 13, 2017, 1:50:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info