[3.23]💥Lahkesis Queen of Chaos"Essence Drain/Bane"[Life&LL] working in thread💥💥

"
aurican65 wrote:
Do merc lab and get vile bastion, or learn to avoid damage to get your ES to regen. You can make the avoiding damage strategy easier if you get faster ES start on rings. This is a crafted mod.

You might want a remove burning flask, try to pay attention to what's stopping your ES from starting up.

Get better ES numbers on your gloves/boots/shield. You can go CI after replacing those items.

Your resistances are not capped

Your chest makes you take more damage, consider getting a high ES chest to replace it.

Get a 5 link for ED. You can replace ED with just contagion (I think you're doing this. If you didn't mean to your links are screwed up) for mapping if you want but if your damage isn't high enough enemies have more chances to hit you.

I don't see enfeeble being used.

Thanks very much for the feedback ! Indeed my res are not capped wtf, they were last time I checked, I maybe messed up with an item. The chest was to get a cheap ES chest as I said I just started and thus don't have much (though I got a lucky Taste of Hate drop for 1ex) that I spent already on various things. My priority is the shield anyway to get a juicy 300 or so ES on it, then I'll cap my res on gloves I guess.

For my links, I am really wondering what should I give priority in support gems, I feel like I should do it with contagion as it can kill a whole pack by itself without using ED, which is so convenient, and using ED on rare/unique ennemies? anyway damage is not much of a problem, shit survivability is.

I just feel like even with more ES the problem will still be there : I just have no way of getting it back if there are mobs all around (incursions, fortifications etc...) because I'll always get touched by something. Maybe I'll get an evasion flask of dousing, I'll see if it improves, thank you man !
"
Bowspin wrote:
"
aurican65 wrote:
Do merc lab and get vile bastion, or learn to avoid damage to get your ES to regen. You can make the avoiding damage strategy easier if you get faster ES start on rings. This is a crafted mod.

You might want a remove burning flask, try to pay attention to what's stopping your ES from starting up.

Get better ES numbers on your gloves/boots/shield. You can go CI after replacing those items.

Your resistances are not capped

Your chest makes you take more damage, consider getting a high ES chest to replace it.

Get a 5 link for ED. You can replace ED with just contagion (I think you're doing this. If you didn't mean to your links are screwed up) for mapping if you want but if your damage isn't high enough enemies have more chances to hit you.

I don't see enfeeble being used.

Thanks very much for the feedback ! Indeed my res are not capped wtf, they were last time I checked, I maybe messed up with an item. The chest was to get a cheap ES chest as I said I just started and thus don't have much (though I got a lucky Taste of Hate drop for 1ex) that I spent already on various things. My priority is the shield anyway to get a juicy 300 or so ES on it, then I'll cap my res on gloves I guess.

For my links, I am really wondering what should I give priority in support gems, I feel like I should do it with contagion as it can kill a whole pack by itself without using ED, which is so convenient, and using ED on rare/unique ennemies? anyway damage is not much of a problem, shit survivability is.

I just feel like even with more ES the problem will still be there : I just have no way of getting it back if there are mobs all around (incursions, fortifications etc...) because I'll always get touched by something. Maybe I'll get an evasion flask of dousing, I'll see if it improves, thank you man !

nice reply i don't have that much time to reply all comments but i have some follower of build can do it ty xD
NO ICHIGO, NO PARTY
Art Director Graphic Designer,reading,watching anime,gamer
Queen of chaos https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1963181/
My Profile https://www.facebook.com/MuhammadAhmedAbdo
My Behance https://www.behance.net/MuhammedAhmedAbdo
If you want to really kill everything with contagion try the Cane of Unravelling staff (get one with max non-ailment multiplier), this is like a dirt cheap +3 staff, it's better than a +3 early on. with two spreading rot jewels in your tree. put your contagion links in the cane of unravelling (go for 5 link, 4 should do it though). Playstyle is contagion every group and blight whatever doesn't die instantly. You can kill map bosses with this but slower than ED obviously. You lose some ES so you need to be comfortable surviving. LL for pain attunement makes this even stronger, but you need shav's for that, or coruscating elixir if you're comfortable keeping it active. As a bonus if you get 5 links in your chest and staff you can have a strong contagion and a strong ED available.
Why Withering Presence is not good for this build ? I thought that this would be obvious choice.
"
Yogoort wrote:
Why Withering Presence is not good for this build ? I thought that this would be obvious choice.

It is. No Idea what the Author is thinking exactly, though his stuff works as well.

Here is what I did:

https://pastebin.com/sbJzsA9w

I went for Apep's Supremacy for the 'faster start of recharge rate' modifier - Brings the start of recharge rate below 0.8 seconds. So long as you can avoid dots one whirling blades dash (during which you can't really be hit) starts recharge rate (which is quite high at 6kES+ per second - making you basically invulnerable for 4 seconds. Use Vaal Discipline to trigger that on demand.).

Getting a corrupted shavs got way easier as well with the temple being available all the time. Chances are good you will hit at least one modifier out of those: +2 projectile/+2 duration/+1 to all.

I have almost double the dps then OP this way. (even if taken the corruption into account)

I went for Spreading Rot and Allelopathy instead of TC. It slows even better then TC and is a really nice damage boost as well. Getting a third curse is just such a pain.

I do use tripple Purity for the crazy mitigation that offers. You can opt out of that though and run purity of elements, arctic armor and Spider Aura instead if you want. Up to you.

If you want to use all of the above use a prism guardian - but you will loose the crazy fast start of the recharge rate from apeps.

In general there are many ways to play the ED Occultist now - but I concur with you that one should make use of Withering Presence and Wicked Ward - otherwise you might as well play Trickster.

Getting those 15 stacks of Withering on all mobs on the screen basically all the time (well, provided they stay alive long enough for it to matter of course) without a totem or any skill investment is *huge*.

Keep in mind though that after everything is said an done ED is in need of a skill-rework. Its an really old and tried spell by now and its clearspeed etc are not up to snuff compared to the new Arc/Ice Spear spells etc. It is a more slow and deliberate playstyle. I quite like it and I would prefer if the game didnt go 'gotta go fast' all that much anymore; but it is what it is.

€dit: my gear is good - but nothing supercrazy. I use Sin Treks (with the wrong enchant) and junky stuff like it since this isn't my 'main' focus. But yeah. Feel free to try things out yourself and I hope this did help you! :)

Edits Edit: I found an even cooler variation just now playing around. ^^' PM me if you are interested; I do not want to clutter up the thread.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Dec 15, 2018, 4:27:37 PM
Thank you for all details Cyrix1337.

"
Getting those 15 stacks of Withering on all mobs on the screen basically all the time (well, provided they stay alive long enough for it to matter of course) without a totem or any skill investment is *huge*.
- That's the thing!

My idea how to run this build is pretty much like yours, however, I am still during leveling process. If you have any video how it is working for you, I am eager to watch it !
"
Yogoort wrote:
Thank you for all details Cyrix1337.

"
- That's the thing!

My idea how to run this build is pretty much like yours, however, I am still during leveling process. If you have any video how it is working for you, I am eager to watch it !

https://youtu.be/PEQiFPflPpY

Excuse the shitty quality. ^^'

I also found that magna eclipse + cerberus limb is kinda crazy insane. Not sure yet if I wanna stay with shield charge + fortify or if I should go flamedash/LW. Its kinda whatever. ^^
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

I also found that magna eclipse + cerberus limb is kinda crazy insane. Not sure yet if I wanna stay with shield charge + fortify or if I should go flamedash/LW. Its kinda whatever. ^^

Interesting shield and weapon combo, does it mean that if we put blight or contagion in the shield + empower + 1socketed gem or 2 duration gem implicit in the shield we can get a lvl 28 chaos gem? (and a lvl 26 or 27 faster casting/inc aoe)

is it anything to think about?

Edit : not saying double corruption with Alva where it can become real dumb
Last edited by Bowspin on Dec 16, 2018, 5:33:37 AM
"
Bowspin wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Interesting shield and weapon combo, does it mean that if we put blight or contagion in the shield + empower + 1socketed gem or 2 duration gem implicit in the shield we can get a lvl 28 chaos gem? (and a lvl 26 or 27 faster casting/inc aoe)

is it anything to think about?

Edit : not saying double corruption with Alva where it can become real dumb

Nah. I prefer to throw in a lv4 enlighten and make it a lv6 one and two auras. But thats not what I ment.

Its more the fact that the weapon and the shield combined give you 2.5k ES and a flat unconditional 16% physical mitigation, 20%evasion chance and about 30% chance to block. Elemental Aegis is just another cherry on top.

I really like this wombocombo.

I did switch out the shieldcharge for flame dash and a cwdt+IC setup. I genuinly feel quite tanky now. 10k+ES with just a couple of uniques and some dirt cheap rare rings for resists is awesome. I hate hunting for supergood rares that just cost a furtune.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Dec 16, 2018, 12:12:50 PM
Okay, wow.

I am getting a crapton of PMs for this. :s

I didn't think the interest would be that big. I think I'll make my own thread about this - for the time being could you guys not pm and just post here instead?

It is getting a bit much and most of you have the same questions till I get a thread set up correctly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info