[3.3] How to Smash Heads. Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker edition.

hi im finding my golem dying alot event with support. i switched to CWDT>golem>culling strike>iir, wondering if thats a safe alternative? and possibly what would be a suggested 4link setup if i chose not to use the vaal sills?

could i run 3 seperate cwdt setups? molten shell?

currently im using
CWDT, immortal call, inc duration, tempest shield
CWDT, flammability,increased aoe, phase run
Cwdt, summon flame golem, culling strike. increased item rarity

which also leaves 1 socket open on my shield but fortify wouldnt work
Last edited by Skippsy on Jul 13, 2018, 11:51:13 AM
The golem is indeed quite easily killed and CWDT is one option though i find that high level CWDT is rarely being activated, though you won't need to worry about recasting your golem (and lets be honest now the golem is not really THAT useful anyway) And sure, you could run 3 sets of CWDT and Molten shell is fine.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Are you ever supposed to use auras when you have blood magic?
also why do you take resolute technique? We use abyssus so isnt critical strikes helpful?
Last edited by Avinash500 on Jul 15, 2018, 4:02:42 AM
No you are not supposed to use auras with blood magic.

Unnarmed attacks have 0% critical strike chance which means that effectively you can't crit already so Resolute technique has literally no downsides ,
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thanks for the reply! Could you look at my character? I am unable to kill tier 14+ bosses. The map monsters are easy to deal with. Not sure what I am doing wrong. The damage isn't there and I'm dying quite quickly. I re rolled this character from another fire base totem build.
something ive also noticed is you have despair equipped, talk about using flammability in the tree then discuss using vulnerability on the forum, which curse is actually most recommended for this league/build? im guessing vulnerablity?
@Skippsy

Vulnerability would be the best option. When despair was introduced all existing Vulnerability gems where changed to despairs and that's why you see the gem in the linked gear. When in doubt what info is accurate - the information in the guide > the displayed gear. Btw where did i mentioned flammability (so i could remove it)as i fail to see any mentions of it?

@Avinash500
It seems that you've missed pretty much the most important point when it comes to facebreaker builds. Flat physical damage is KING and your rings and amulet have 0-0 physical damage (just as an example the max would be 41-74 which is literally more than an Abyssus). Also you have a 731% facebreaekrs where you really should go for at least 785%, also you don't have a 6L chest and of course the loreweave has a poor flat physical damage roll. Now that's talking about your damage, about your survivability - your rings and amulet have ABSOLUTELY NO LIFE, that's bad ... very bad, the life roll on the loreweave is terrible... and it has only 78% resistance roll which again is not great... hell the implicit life roll on your shield is 1 point from being the lowest possible - bless that shield dude. Oh and the 46% Abyssus roll is not idea as well.

As for the dispair that you are using ... don't .... the gem in my linked gear is there because a few patches ago there were changes to the vulnerability gem and all existing ones where changed to despair .. use vulnerability and in general read the guide to understand why certain things are there and other are not. Hope that helps!
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 15, 2018, 7:14:33 PM
Is there a reason you don't get Iron Reflexes?
Haha now I see the problem. Is there any particular rings/amulet (base type,min stats) I should be going for? would it be possible to share what equipment your character is using?
@Mad_Maxwell
Because in my opinion wasting 3 passives for ~1500 armour (which translates to ~2% additional phys damage reduction) is well... a waste of 3 passive skill points. Go for it if you want though.

@Avinash500
Well check the rings and amulet i've showed in "my build" section.

Ideally you want 2x steel rings + T1 phys damage roll + T1 life roll + whatever resists you need to cap them. The same goes for your amulet. That's it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info