[3.0] HC/SC Trickster Mind Over Matter Righteous Fire

Hi there. I haven't written a guide in years, but I'd like to give it another go since I theory crafted a very successful build and would like to share it with you. :)

Trickster was buffed in the latest patch. Patient Reaper has gone from 60% > 70%. Weave The Arcane now grants 8% damage reduction for 4 seconds once you spend 200 mana.

The idea of this build was to make the movement skill; Shield Charge to be quick enough to trigger the damage reduction from Weave The Arcane permanently. As well as having a 20% chance to replenish 10% of Maximum Mana each time you charge, which is a huge boost to survivability. We'll be utilizing the new Mind Over Matter changes and synergize it with Patient Reaper, so you'll be getting benefit from the 70% more Life and Mana regeneration.

Unfortunately, we need our Shield Charge to cost mana and will not be using the Walk the Aether passive. Shield Charge will cost 15 Mana per use, so we need to be able to use it 14 times every 4 seconds. With this setup, you will be able to use it up to 6 times per 1 second!

Pros:
Tanky(8k+ Life / 1k+ Unreserved Mana / Mind Over Matter)
Good sustain(3k+ Life Regen / 1k+ Mana Regen)
Good damage
Extremely good clear speed(6 Attacks Per Second / Onslaught)
Can do all map mods(except Players Cannot Regenerate)

Cons:
Less damage than Berserker RF(about 20% less)

(70% Recovery from Patient Reaper is calculated after character sheet)
3482.96 Life Regen
1160.5 Mana Regen

Your life and mana pools scale considerably with levels. These stats are from a level 91 character.

Gameplay Videos(more coming):

Recommended Gear & Skill/support Gem Links:
Spoiler
Weapon: Brightbeak
For incredible Shield Charge movement/attack speed.

Cast When Damage Taken(level 20)
Summon Stone Golem
Minion Life Support

Shield: Rise Of The Phoenix
It mitigates the amount of fire degeneration you take from Righteous Fire. 80% ES/Armor with 0% quality is preferred. The less Energy Shield you have on your gear, the less you degen.

Cast When Damage Taken(level 1)
Immortal Call(level 1)
Clarity

Helmet 3B 1R: Rare Essence Of Horror crafted (Stone Golem Buff Effect enchant)
Righteous Fire - Inc Area Of Effect/Conc Effect - Elemental Focus - Burning Damage
You should be able to make a decent one on your first try. I would suggest crafting on an itemlevel 84+ Royal Burgonet. If you don't land a life roll, you can simply craft some! The enchant scales well with Patient Reaper. A level 20 Stone Golem will give you a total of 446 Life Regen.

Righteous Fire
Burning Damage Support
Elemental Focus Support
Increased Area of Effect Support/Concentrated Effect Support

Chest: Kaom's Heart / Belly of the Beast / Cloak of Defiance
Kaom's Heart is the obvious best choice for any Life based Righteous Fire builds, but we do have other options!

Belly of the Beast is a decent chest that grants % Life, All Resists and has sockets to do a Scorching Ray setup, if you'd really like!

Cloak of Defiance is the less obvious choice, but surprisingly will make you just as tanky as a Kaom's Heart. It gives you an extra 10% on top of your Mind Over Matter, 1% Mana Regen(which applies to your base Mana Regen and can be scaled,) and plenty of flat Mana.

Gloves 3R 1G: Rare Essence Of Insanity crafted (Trigger 'of Light' when you take a critical strike enchant)
The 16% more attack speed from the Essence goes a long way with Onslaught. I would suggest crafting on an itemlevel 84+ Titan Gauntlets. And of course, you can craft HP if you don't land on it. The enchant grants you 4% HP Regen for 5 seconds when you take a critical strike, which happens very often in maps. And with Patient Reaper, this goes from 4% to 7%.

Shield Charge
Fortify Support
Life Gain on Hit Support
Faster Attacks Support

Belt: Immortal Flesh / Belt Of The Deceiver / Headhunter
From cheapest to most expensive, I would suggest right in the middle without breaking the bank. Belt Of The Deceiver grants you 10% more overall damage(from Taunt) and the critical damage reduction is nice as well.

Rings: Death Rush Amethyst Ring and Rare Unset Ring with +2-3 Leveling of Gems, Life, Mana, Mana Regen, Resistances, Dexterity
Death Rush provides Chaos Resist, Life, Armor, Accuracy and Onslaught on kill which procs with your Writhing Jar. You should only use Death Rush for speed clearing maps. I would suggest an Opal Ring with similar stats as the Unset Ring to put in place for tier 15-16 map bosses.

Amulet: Rare Marble Amulet with Life, Mana, Mana Regen, Resistances, Dexterity

Leveling Amulets:
Atziri's Foible(16) - will take care of all your Mana Regen and support gem attribute requirement problems.
Shaper's Seed(16) - hybrid Life and Mana Regen amulet.
The Aylardex(32) - a good choice for when you get your Swift Killer Passive. This will give you a total of 5% Mind Over Matter effect, and also gives you purple power charges. :)

Boots: Kaom's Roots (Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were hit Recently enchant)
The enchant is very important! The Mana Regen is applied to your base, so it scales with all of your % Mana Regeneration passives. This enchant alone grants over 300 Mana Regen per second.

Jewels: Rare % Life / % Mana / % Burning Damage
Jewel sockets can be filled with rare % Life, % Mana and % Burning Damage with stats to fit your needs. Burning Damage received a buff and now goes up to 20%!

Flasks: Writhing Jar, Witchfire Brew
Writhing Jar is to trigger your 70% more regeneration passive on boss fights when they do not spawn monsters. Boss Life was buffed in 3.0.0, so this will come in handy. It heals you far more than any flask would, and continues to heal you even when you're full HP/mana. It also triggers Onslaught from Death Rush. I would suggest adding quality to this flask, as it is a hybrid flask and instantly heals your life/mana.

Witchfire Brew comes in handy due to the fact we have no room for Curse On Hit or Blasphemy setups. It adds a massive amount of damage. I would also suggest adding quality to this to extend the duration of the curse.

MUST HAVE RARE ITEM WITH FLAT LIGHTNING/COLD DAMAGE TO PROC ELEMENTAL OVERLOAD

Bandits, Leveling Progression & Passive Skill Tree:
Spoiler
Kill all bandits for 2 Passive Points.

Starting as a Shadow, you will progress through the Elemental Damage and head straight towards the Witch area. For now, you will be cutting straight across the Witch area and pick up Mind Over Matter immediately. Be sure to level your Clarity aura as you progress. This will help you sustain Righteous Fire at lower levels. You will need to juggle your health with Life Flasks until late Act 3. At this point, you will need to run Labyrinth to get your first two Ascendancy points. Your first Ascendancy notable will be Patient Reaper.
30 Passive Points

By Act 4, you will be sustaining Righteous Fire indefinitely with the help of Stone Golem. Continue the path of Passives.
60 Passive Points

From here you should work on getting your second Ascendancy notable from Cruel Labyrinth, Weave the Arcane. Pick up the Elemental Overload Keystone, then continue scaling your Life and Mana with % passives around the skill tree.
90 Passive Points

Congratulations on making it this far. To get the most out of your pathing, you will need to work your way up through the Witch's Increased Area of Effect nodes, pick up the Jewel Socket, Mana notable, and Life notable and connect to Elemental Overload's location. You will be able to respec the 3 nodes to the right of Mind Over Matter. Life and Regeneration passives are priority. By level 75, you should work on getting your third Ascendancy notable from Merciless Labyrinth, Swift Killer, which will give you more damage, increased attack speed, increased damage and increased critical strike chance to proc Elemental Overload.
120 Passive Points

If you manage to make it to level 100, I am sure you will be able to figure out what to do with the last 4 points. Personally, I would go for the Jewel Socket next to the Burning Damage nodes.

Maps:
Spoiler
Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield (of Stasis)
Avoid this map mod.

The following mods(in order of difficulty) are doable, unless there are multiple of them on one map.

-(12-5)% maximum Player Resistances
This causes your Righteous Fire to deal more damage to you.

Players are Cursed with Vulnerability (of Vulnerability)
This causes your Righteous Fire to deal more damage to you.

Players have 60%, 40%, 20% less Recovery Rate of Life and Energy Shield
This does not effect your Mana Regeneration.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
Last edited by Demental on Sep 18, 2017, 8:23:18 PM
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2018, 2:47:16 AM
For bandits should I be picking Oak?

Which should be the last 10 points for the build?
Last edited by blasras2 on Aug 19, 2017, 2:11:06 PM
Interesting! Can't wait to see it more fleshed out, possibly a video :) Nice work!
Have to say very interested in this build. Any chance of a path of building link?
Uses brightbeak? Check

Uses trickster? Check

Not a troll build? Actually viable? Check again

You win the internet sir
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
No armor?
Starting the character, so i'm only lvl 35 so far, but you can sustain RF right from the start (and you actually regen hp without potions once you get the first lab).

Several comments/questions:
-You should remove 3 points from the scion wheel and put them into the HP/mana right over the witch. You get 3% hp and 28% mana for free.
-Leap slam looks a bit better than shield charge. A bit slower (40% slower), but much higher mana cost (15 vs 8), so it's easier to get the 200 mana spent with it (It's around 33% faster). Leap slam also allow to be more precise when you try to avoid things, run through ledge/low obstacles and so on (or so, I felt like it). Did I miss something important here?
-What are the links for Shield charge (or leap slam, see point above)? Fortify/faster attack/???
-Since Kaom Heart is currently for fucking rich people, what do you think is a good remplacement? Carcass jack? Something else?
Last edited by Keyen on Aug 19, 2017, 4:25:55 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
Starting the character, so i'm only lvl 35 so far, but you can sustain RF right from the start (and you actually regen hp without potions once you get the first lab).

-You should remove 3 points from the scion wheel and put them into the HP/mana right over the witch. You get 3% hp and 28% mana for free.
-Leap slam looks a bit better than shield charge. A bit slower (40% slower), but much higher mana cost (15 vs 8), so it's easier to get the 200 mana spent with it (It's around 33% faster). Leap slam also allow to be more precise when you try to avoid things, run through ledge/low obstacles and so on (or so, I felt like it). Did I miss something important here?
-What are the links for Shield charge (or leap slam, see point above)? Fortify/faster attack/???
-Since Kaom Heart is currently for fucking rich people, what do you think is a good remplacement? Carcass jack? Something else?

How are you sustaining RF?
Are you using auras? flasks? any special gear? or you mean while you have the kill buff going on?
I used the uniques from there:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886717/page/1

Starting lvl 20, you lose HP but it's very easily sustainable with flasks. Once you get the 70% regen after a kill, you have higher regen than degen.
"
Keyen wrote:

Sorry about the late reply. I actually missed putting points into the Witch's HP/mana. I would probably drop the Area nodes instead of losing 15% HP.

Leap slam is actually a good option. I would like to try that.

Yeah! Shield Charge + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Increased Critical Strikes or Life Gain On Hit.

Belly of The Beast or if you're extremely budget, Carcass.

Thanks for your feedback on the build :)
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info