Need help with increasing Marauder's HP pool

"
See this is what im talking about.

I just used two regret orbs, removed two +12 resistance passives, and put two +4% hp.

I went from 4100 hp to 4225.

Even if i take every single +% life left on the whole skill i dont think ill go more than 4500 at this rate...

Im utterly confused.

your gear has no life in it, simple as that...

add me ingame: Katriina_ (online like 2 hours after this post) and i will give you some items with decent life and resists :P
d:-D*
"
syntax182 wrote:
You just need more flat life rolls on your gear. Every single piece needs about 60+ flat life roll. All you need for righteous fire is the shield honestly. Replace everything else with rare gear with flat life rolls.

This. Also, spec out of the fire pen gem as rf does not penetrate. Also you need to spec out of hinekora node. RF doesn't leech either.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Look at my character AscensionXLVIII
look at my jewels and tree. The stats on my gear are near perfect for a budget build (no where near perfect for a shaper farmer so please no one go on a rant how my gear isnt perfect i clearly said "budge")
The belly of the beast can be replaced by any chest peice with 30-sih str and 90+ hp
The jewels are 10-20c each, which is like 4-7 t6-t8 maps (if you sell all the currencies you get at http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Harbinger&online=x&want=4&have=40)
the level 21 purity of fire is 70=ish chaos and the level 3 empower is 40-ish chaos which will give you +5 max fire res and combined with you RoTP will almost max your fire res
Ignore all the endurance nodes i took as you are a beserker so you dont get the 0.7% life regen per end charge i get
Don't forget your 3-4 ruby flasks you should pop before a boss fight. Having one staunching flask is REALLY usefull.
My character currently has 7.8k hp but you should easily get more bc you dont need the end charges.
You need purity of fire and either vitality (if your resists are capped) or purity of elements to make gearing cheaper, you should really drop that blood magic node.
If you haven't already link a sheild charge with a fortify on hit linked
MOST importantly dont forget to spam your warcries, 25% instant heal is imo OP!
% increased maximum life doesn't multiply your total hp for each node you take, it puts it into the pile with the rest of them. If you have 100% increased maximum life, and you get another 10% increased maximum life, you're not actually gaining 10% more life from what you had before, it'll just make you have a total of 110% increased maximum life.

This is how all increased modifiers work, not to be confused with support gems that give % "more" damage of a certain kind. "More" multipliers take your previous damage, then straight up multiply it by the % given, regardless of how many % more multipliers you have already.

The key to getting a lot of hp, is to have flat +life modifiers on all of your items, this raises your base life value which is then increased by your total % increased maximum life. Every time you level up, you also get 12 base life and 6 base mana, but the majority will come from your items, and strength stat (2 strength = 1 base life).

That being said, your tree is kind of a mess. I'm guessing you were using 2H melee to level at the start, which is fine, but once you're that deep into the 2H damage nodes, it's expensive to get out without making a new char altogether. When pathing to certain areas on the passive tree, you want to find the path with the least number of wasted points as possible.

For RF, you would usually focus on % life, life regen, and fire/elemental/burning damage (they all boost your damage as if they were the same stat). However, you'd also want a few keystones such as Elemental Equilibrium, to lower the enemies fire resistance, as well as Elemental Overload, which is a 40% more multiplier to elemental damage for 8 seconds when you crit.

Orb of storms can trigger both of these effects at the same time, making it a RF builds best friend.

I'd also like to note that the "Hinekora, Death's fury" passive from chieftain doesn't apply to righteous fire at all, as only hits can leech, or penetrate fire resistance, where righteous fire is burning damage over time.

Righteous fire isn't really a good beginner build, especially without a guide. It seems simple at first, you just walk around and stuff dies, but the mechanics to make it work aren't quite as simple.
Update: PyleWarlord gave me some wonderful items which i have put on, and with respecing out of blood magic and picking up some low % life passives instead, im now at 4886 hp.

Quite a difference.

Thank you all, i was starting to fear that the game would be unplayable for me XD
"
Asscenssion wrote:
Look at my character AscensionXLVIII
look at my jewels and tree. The stats on my gear are near perfect for a budget build (no where near perfect for a shaper farmer so please no one go on a rant how my gear isnt perfect i clearly said "budge")
The belly of the beast can be replaced by any chest peice with 30-sih str and 90+ hp
The jewels are 10-20c each, which is like 4-7 t6-t8 maps (if you sell all the currencies you get at http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Harbinger&online=x&want=4&have=40)
the level 21 purity of fire is 70=ish chaos and the level 3 empower is 40-ish chaos which will give you +5 max fire res and combined with you RoTP will almost max your fire res
Ignore all the endurance nodes i took as you are a beserker so you dont get the 0.7% life regen per end charge i get
Don't forget your 3-4 ruby flasks you should pop before a boss fight. Having one staunching flask is REALLY usefull.
My character currently has 7.8k hp but you should easily get more bc you dont need the end charges.
You need purity of fire and either vitality (if your resists are capped) or purity of elements to make gearing cheaper, you should really drop that blood magic node.
If you haven't already link a sheild charge with a fortify on hit linked
MOST importantly dont forget to spam your warcries, 25% instant heal is imo OP!

You should probably check his character before you give advice, as he's a chieftain on standard league, not a berserker in harbinger. The difference being that everything in standard league is extremely overpriced, and there's no way a new player will be able to afford half of those items. Pay attention to the context of the thread, or you'll just confuse the person asking the questions.

As for TC, if you do end up making a new character, do it on harbinger league, I'd recommend looking up a guide that doesn't require any expensive items, or doing a simple 2H melee build. Slayer is a good choice for that, very strong ascendancy passives (just don't get the nodes at the bottom), and high life leech capability. You'd typically focus on life and two-handed weapon nodes, then pathing to the marauder side to grab resolute technique.

That's all for now, but if you have more questions, I'll try to answer them if I remember to check back on this topic later.
Last edited by darkmark009 on Aug 16, 2017, 4:42:55 PM
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
syntax182 wrote:
You just need more flat life rolls on your gear. Every single piece needs about 60+ flat life roll. All you need for righteous fire is the shield honestly. Replace everything else with rare gear with flat life rolls.

This. Also, spec out of the fire pen gem as rf does not penetrate. Also you need to spec out of hinekora node. RF doesn't leech either.

Removed fire penetration.
Ill get out of hinekora (need to save up orbs).

Any suggestions as to what to link with RF? I have burning damage support.
"
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
syntax182 wrote:

Removed fire penetration.
Ill get out of hinekora (need to save up orbs).

Any suggestions as to what to link with RF? I have burning damage support.

Elemental focus is the next biggest damage boost to RF, for the 4th link, you'll want to swap between both concentrated effect and increased area of effect, depending on if you need more damage, or coverage. Also, since you're only 3 points away from Elemental Equilibrium on the passive tree, I would recommend getting that as soon as you can. If you hit an enemy with cold or lightning damage, you'll lower their fire resistance by 50%, this is how you kill bosses faster, and as I said before, orb of storms is the go-to for this. If the enemy had 0% fire resist originally, lowering it by 50% would make you do 50% more damage, if the enemy had 50% fire resistance, you'd lower it to 0%, making you do double your previous damage.
Last edited by darkmark009 on Aug 16, 2017, 4:42:01 PM
"
darkmark009 wrote:

Elemental focus is the next biggest damage boost to RF, for the 4th link, you'll want to swap between both concentrated effect and increased area of effect, depending on if you need more damage, or coverage. Also, since you're only 3 points away from Elemental Equilibrium on the passive tree, I would recommend getting that as soon as you can. If you hit an enemy with cold or lightning damage, you'll lower their fire resistance by 50%, this is how you kill bosses faster, and as I said before, orb of storms is the go-to for this. If the enemy had 0% fire resist originally, lowering it by 50% would make you do 50% more damage, if the enemy had 50% fire resistance, you'd lower it to 0%, making you do double your previous damage.

Did you see the combo i have in my shield, the thing that turns flamability into basically aura like curse thats permanently around me? -38% fire resistance always. Should i take that down?
"
"
darkmark009 wrote:

Did you see the combo i have in my shield, the thing that turns flamability into basically aura like curse thats permanently around me? -38% fire resistance always. Should i take that down?

Unique bosses have a built in 60% less curse effect modifier, which means your curses will always be 60% less effective against bosses, even if you have sources of increased curse effect %. Elemental Equilibrium isn't resisted by anything, plus it can stack with curses to reduce enemy resistance even more. It's a staple node for every RF or burning build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info