[3.0] Burning Fire Trap - Set It and Forget It - Tinkerskin - 10c Starting Budget - SC/HC

@OP
Thank you very much for this guide and the updates! Keep on doing that. Trappers are really new to me and i like it so far. The slow recovery time sucks a bit at the start, but its going well now.

@jaav
Searing Touch is best in slot for the build.
double sry (forum bugged)
Last edited by Ir4kandj7 on Aug 16, 2017, 9:32:44 AM
it looks good but 4g on a searing touch seems like that will cost more than 10c right there...
@jaav like what Ir4kandj7 said searing touch is best in slot.

@zacmax 10c is the starting budget. I will update the title since I wasn't clear about that. A 4L Searing Touch is all you need to get started and pretty easy to get. You also don't need 4G on the 4L. It can work with 2G or 3G as shown in the Gear section. Depending on the colors you get you can swap in and out gems. Ideally you would want them in this priority:

Fire Trap[G]
Cluster Trap[G]
Trap and Mine Damage[G]
Chance to Ignite[B]
Burning Damage[R]
Swift Affliction[G]

with Fire Trap and Cluster Trap as must haves

So I bought searing touch for 445c (6L) but now out of currency and it's so fuckin hard to roll 4G1B1R lol.
By calculator it shows avg of 1200chroms.
the builds going well so far, I am having to adjust to the next type of gameplay. I wanted to ask if there are any tips for trapping in general.
"
wmcwmc wrote:
@jaav like what Ir4kandj7 said searing touch is best in slot.

@zacmax 10c is the starting budget. I will update the title since I wasn't clear about that. A 4L Searing Touch is all you need to get started and pretty easy to get. You also don't need 4G on the 4L. It can work with 2G or 3G as shown in the Gear section. Depending on the colors you get you can swap in and out gems. Ideally you would want them in this priority:

Fire Trap[G]
Cluster Trap[G]
Trap and Mine Damage[G]
Chance to Ignite[B]
Burning Damage[R]
Swift Affliction[G]

with Fire Trap and Cluster Trap as must haves

I have 3G2B1R so I will stick to it for a little longer.
What would you recommend for second blue?
Elemental proliferation or Efficacy support?

One more thing, is any use of this for build?
-

Btw. can you update your guide, links section with gems from inventory instead of plain text? That would be way more readable.
Last edited by jaav on Aug 17, 2017, 12:12:14 PM
@jaav I would recommend just rolling a Vorici 3G and see what you get. You can always swap out the 4th green (Swift Affliction[G]) since its so hard to get. If you don't like the set up just roll 3G again.

Ideally you would want these gems in this priority:
Fire Trap[G]
Cluster Trap[G]
Trap and Mine Damage[G]
Chance to Ignite[B]
Burning Damage[R]
Swift Affliction[G]
Efficacy[B]
(Lvl 3)Empower[R] <- quite expensive
Less Duration[R]
(Lvl 2)Empower[R]
Elemental Focus[B]
Fire Penetration[R]

so if you got 3G 3B you would want

Fire Trap[G]
Cluster Trap[G]
Trap and Mine Damage[G]
Chance to Ignite[B]
Efficacy[B]
Elemental Focus[B]

@TwinkiePoison
Trapping is quite the unique play style. For this specific trapping build I would recommend just tossing one into the middle of a pack and dropping an orb of storms if there is a rare mob. The burning ground should kill most if not all of them. While they are burning you can run to the next pack and repeat.

But the cool thing about playing as a trapper is that you can adapt it to your style. You are not restricted to how you want to play. If you want to play it safe you can fight from afar. If you are feeling ballsy you can run up and curse them. You can also do any map mod(although I wouldn't recommend some)

For bosses in an open area you can toss the fire trap, vaal lightning, orb of storms and scorching ray totem. Then kite around them trying to keep the burning ground, orb, and scorching ray up. For bosses with cover you can just toss traps and a scorching ray totem then hide behind cover. If the boss summons minions/mobs, try to cover the ground with burning ground and keep orb of storms up.

*Remember for certain bosses you can always lay traps and totems before they appear.

@jaav
See above for the second blue.
I've tried elemental prolif but the aoe and dmg felt lackluster to me so I would recommend Efficacy instead.

I haven't tested Berek's but it doesn't really benefit this build much since fire trap already has such a huge aoe. Other rings like Doedre's Damning giving the extra curse boosts the damage alot more.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll update the links section to accommodate that.
Last edited by wmcwmc on Aug 17, 2017, 2:42:04 PM
Any chance you could post some videos? Would love to see the build in action before committing to it. Thanks for the write up, it's very thorough!
A little confused on your 6l recommendation.

so if you got 3G 3B you would want

Fire Trap[G]
Cluster Trap[G]
Trap and Mine Damage[G]
Chance to Ignite[B]
Efficacy[B]
Elemental Focus[B]

Elemental Focus - Supported Skills deal (30-49)% more Elemental Damage - Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments

If you cannot inflict Elemental Ailments, how does it work with Ignite? Do you not lose your burning damage or am I missing something?
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info