Having problems adjusting to One-hit kill Bosses

"
bSun0000 wrote:
"
Glorgmakk wrote:

Regards showing my character, how do I do that ? Cheers!

Profile -> Privacy Settings -> Hide Characters tab (uncheck)

I could not find this option. :(

Oh wait, I found it. Can you see my characters ?

I'm Left of Right and far Right of Left.
Last edited by twittypoopcraft on Aug 13, 2017, 10:50:22 AM
Litinus, Black prayer, yes yes, I remember that name. Known for rather fast ground slams and some of the strongest elemental projectiles you can find. Primarily dealing cold damage, the nova is triggered by consuming curses. Every additional curse on him then increases the damage, but only one is needed for him to perform the attack. If you're using blasphemy, disable it. If it's any other kind of way to apply the curse, then try to avoid using it.
The telegraph for the attack is him stopping and raising the shielded arm over his head, shortly after the nova follows. The pillars in the arena can be used to avoid the projectiles.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Litinus, Black prayer, yes yes, I remember that name. Known for rather fast ground slams and some of the strongest elemental projectiles you can find. Primarily dealing cold damage, the nova is triggered by consuming curses. Every additional curse on him then increases the damage, but only one is needed for him to perform the attack. If you're using blasphemy, disable it. If it's any other kind of way to apply the curse, then try to avoid using it.
The telegraph for the attack is him stopping and raising the shielded arm over his head, shortly after the nova follows. The pillars in the arena can be used to avoid the projectiles.

Ahh, that is fantastic information, thank you!

How did you ascertain these specifics ? I'm trying to learn mechanics, but since the game has no combat log or database, the learning is not happening.

"

How did you ascertain these specifics ? I'm trying to learn mechanics, but since the game has no combat log or database, the learning is not happening.

Learning all this is a matter of experiance. This guy has probably played against this boss loads of times :(

"
"
FCK42 wrote:

The wiki site of the graveyard map. That's where I got the information from. My info was alredy outdated as you see, since I didn't know the damage type was based on the curse gem colour. Which makes him instagibbing you no surprise really, considering that when cursed with warlord's mark the nova deals fire damage.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Aug 13, 2017, 11:00:34 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
"
FCK42 wrote:

The wiki site of the graveyard map. That's where I got the information from. My info was alredy outdated as you see, since I didn't know the damage type was based on the curse gem colour. Which makes him instagibbing you no surprise really, considering that when cursed with warlord's mark the nova deals fire damage.

Hah, I read that last night after I died to him. I must have glossed over the most important part. Though I still find these entries pretty vague.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :D

Update:

Something that was attributing to my lack of power/stats is that I was short about 12 passives, due to me not knowing that the new optional quests have skill rewards.

I have since attained all passives and changed my gear a little and my resist are now as follows:
74% fire
75% cold
75% lightning
18% chaos
Maximum life from 3,800 to 4,453

And what a difference this has made. I have been stomping through T6 maps, whereas before I was dying to T3 trash mobs.

Due to my newly found resilience I was even able to swap out my Life on hit gem with Added fire damage and my DPS skyrocketed, giving me the previously overlooked benefit of destroying mobs before they can even attack. Now mobs essentially "Pop" as I Phase-run in to wreak havoc upon them.

It seems I also overlooked the many benefits of a higher HP pool. Until now I never realized the potential synergy between maximum life and life-leech percentage based off of percentage of maximum life through skills like Hematophagy and Viltiality Void.

Now my only dilemma is getting more Chaos resist, though I am finding it really hard to squeeze any more from gear alone.

Can anyone suggest some good items or ways to get more Chaos resist ?

PS: Thanks for all the help. The problem was largely my ineptitude. :)

Don't worry to much about chaos resist , that 18 % should be enough as long as it's not way in the negative usually your good to go , the 3 primary resists fire/cold/lightning are what you MUST cap ( and im my opinion try to over cap as much as posible )

Also using flasks for resists can be really good in some cases , if you are having problems with chaos damage try using a atziri flask ( they cost 1 chaos to buy ) or can be farmed in one run , you get a large chaos resist increes and a handy damage and leach bonous + it's easy to keep 100% up time with the flask dew to how it's charges work.

Also you asked questions polity , took the advice givin , and benifited from it . Thank you for trying to learn in the situation you found yourself in rather than raging about the game mechanics .

GLHF ;)
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
SirSid wrote:
Don't worry to much about chaos resist , that 18 % should be enough as long as it's not way in the negative usually your good to go , the 3 primary resists fire/cold/lightning are what you MUST cap ( and im my opinion try to over cap as much as posible )

Also using flasks for resists can be really good in some cases , if you are having problems with chaos damage try using a atziri flask ( they cost 1 chaos to buy ) or can be farmed in one run , you get a large chaos resist increes and a handy damage and leach bonous + it's easy to keep 100% up time with the flask dew to how it's charges work.

Also you asked questions polity , took the advice givin , and benifited from it . Thank you for trying to learn in the situation you found yourself in rather than raging about the game mechanics .

GLHF ;)

In retrospect, I was stupid not to realize how important resists were and how just a 10% deficit can mean the difference between life and death. I only hope I can finally kill that Museum boss "He who does much chaos damage" or whatever his name is.

Thanks for mentioning that Flask, I'll track that down asap!

I just recently gave in to impulse and splashed out on Daresso's amulet, because I figure it synergizes well with my Cyclone build, but unfortunately I dropped 3% chaos resist in the process, so now at 15%.

I'm almost tempted to sacrifice some damage and spec into the chaos passives that give around 20% chaos resist, though that could be considered wasteful.

Thanks for your help man, appreciated. :)

Last edited by twittypoopcraft on Aug 19, 2017, 7:30:48 PM
Did you get your acendencys passivs yet ? they make a MASSIVE diffrence

Edit: you get them from the lab
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Last edited by SirSid on Aug 19, 2017, 7:40:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info