Hybrid claw crit Blade Flurry 3.1 kinda

Hybrid Bladeflurry 3.0

(Gif Made by Ahfack / gameplay by me)

"
update kinda. decided to make a char in ASC and playing my build. If anyone is interested https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kurosakii_Mea/characters here is my profile with passives and gear. also you can always pm me ingame about the build.

"
Intro
HI! my name is Mea and this is my first build guide.
I am a long time melee player who started specializing in claws and most of the one handed melee skills
For this build guide i want to show how you can make other Attack based build hybrid with the use of Soul Tether Cloth belt.
Since CI/ES attack based builds does not work that well anymore i have been working on this build ever since the belt got revealed on reddit as it brings ALOT of potential to get higher effective healthwith small amounts of investments.
At the start i will only focus on Blade Flurry, but will include Reave, Frost Blades and Flicker strike at a later date when i feel like recoloring my chest armor.

This is the belt my build is based around.
The belt allow us to stay at full life mostly all the time, almost like being CI in 2.6 but we wont die once we lose our Energy shield because we have instant leech to save us there.
The goal of the build is to help melee on the right side of the tree to reach a better effective health pool since getting enough life on that side of the tree is really hard without losing out on damage passives.
The ES basically a buffer of effective health that we are not really afraid to lose, but we will try to keep it up as much as we can by doing some manual dodging to not take too much damage.
Another important part of our defenses is block which also help us maintain our energy shield. This is very helpful for us since we take extra physical damage from the Abyssus.

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQUvpnNP1K0 Uber Atziri Deathless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHouOs5vq4U Shaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhvxwA8qm3E High maps with the use of a non legacy abyssus and The wasp nest unique claw.

Will add more videos soon.

Gear

Gear overview

Gear detail

Helmet

For helmet we use Abyssus for its massive DPS increase, but be careful of the drawback as it can hurt alot.
Aim for as high critical strike multiplier as you can, but the lowest Increased physical damage taken.
Crown of eyes + a spell damage shield can work well to with no drawback but costs more.

Gloves

For gloves i choose Maligaro's Virtuosity, but you are more open to choices here.
You can use Shadow's and Dust, Facebreaker's, Atziri's Acuity, Shaper's touch or any Rare gloves with energy shield, attack speed, flat physical damage, life and accuracy.
I recommend Maligaro's Virtuosity since its cheap and gives nice critical strike chance, critical strike multiplier and attack speed.

This slot also gives me the curse i use aswell,but it is not needed. If you are lucky or can afford i would get curse Vulnerability on hit.

Boots

For boots i use Skyforth, but that aswell is not needed. Here you can use Any energy shield boots with resistances life and movement speed.
Skyforth is more for a quality of life thing to get power charges, mana reserve and to help with stuns.

Chest armor

In the chest armor slot you want any rare 5-Link/6-Link energy shield base (preferably Vaal Regalia) with as much ES and life as you can get and resistances you can get.
Atziri's splendour (the energy shield version) can be a good and cheap alternative and easy to color.

Weapons

For the weapon any rare claw will do but try to get as much physical damage and attack speed as you can.
Rive Terror claw or Allure Vaal claw or Touch of Anguish Imperial claw is also a cheap option you can use until you get a rare one.
i would aim to get a 350pdps one.

Shield

For shield we need as much energy shield, life and resistances you can get.

Jewelry and jewels

This part is simple. This is where you fill out the rest of your resistances.

Red Nightmare is not needed but WILL help you survive alot with endurance charges and block.

Rings flat physical damage - accuracy - strength - resistances - % energy shield.
Amulet critical multiplier - critical strike chance - flat physical damage - energy shield.
Jewels any critical multiplier -any critical strike chance - flat damage.

Flasks

You can use any flask you want, but i recommend these aswell. Witchfire brew, Sin's rebirth, Kiara's determination or Dying sun or any life flask if you want to use that.

Gem setups

Blade furry

Swap increased area of effect for concentrated effect for single target.
for a 5-link you drop Damage on full life.

Auras

You can swap Herald of Ash for a Blasphemy-Assassin's mark or Warlords mark for power charges/endurance charges if you want.

CwDT level 20 IC

CwDT level 20(optional lazyness)

Movement

Utility

Link Increased duration, Ancestral Warchief and Maim together.

Passive tree & Bandit

Bandit
Choose Alira

Passive tree
Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/86ggP7ZG
PoEplaner: www.poeurl.com/bqK6

Ascendancy points
Take way of the poacher first. Then Avatar of slaughter, Rapid Assault and Avatar of the chase last.

char sheet

Defenses

DPS with AOE+Charges

DPS with CON+Charges

Leveling

Leveling is pretty straightforward. You can level with any skill until you can get Blade Flurry.
But i found leveling with a Storm Cloud with split arrow to work really well even with 0 passive points invested.
Any physical leveling claw will work after you can use Blade Flurry.

You can level as a life build as long as you want until you can get Hybrid gear. Just remember this build does not have alot of life so you might want to invest some extra points in life and respec them later.

Q&A

Q: With the minimum gear can i kill Uber Atziri/Shaper?
A: Im sure you can but that takes alot of skill, But as many other builds you need to spend time upgrading your gear, improve and learn your limits of what you can do.

Q: I see you have mirrored/expensive gear. I cant afford that. Do i need this level of gear?
A: Yes i have expensive gear, but its not needed at all! Its only me who likesto min-max to the very end.

Q: Why do you play with claw's? Daggers are stronger.
A: i chose Claw's because i have wanted to make a claw build for a long time, but it's passives it didn't scale well with other melee skills. + soon we will get a 1hand melee buff and i have high hopes they will do something to improve claw's!

Q: This is just another Blade flurry build.
A: You don't need to use Blade flurry. You can use reave if you want. its not as strong but im sure it can do it all!

I Will add more Q&A's if i get more.

I am streaming the build sometimes on Twitch
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/xenovia_mea
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AcUcQc
Decent items?: /view-thread/2260543
Okey stream?:twitch.tv/Meatheone
Feel free to ask me questions ingame @Princess_Mea!
PM support if you encounter any bugs or need help!
Last edited by Mea_ on Jan 20, 2018, 8:00:05 PM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2018, 7:58:18 PM
Reserved
Last edited by Mea_ on Aug 12, 2017, 9:12:17 AM
Nice guide Mea! Maybe include that sweet you-know-what drop video from earlier ;)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Looks great Mea!

Uber fun & fast build to play, highly recommended.

You should share your recent drop with "the rest of us" Mea, put up a clip!

Thank you for posting your build and for all the good you do Mea, keep up the great work!

If you have questions don't hesitate to ask, Mea is the nicest guy I know in the game.
In this world evil will always rise to power because evil has no morals, knows no limits and has no concern or consideration for anything other than itself.
First I want to say that the build looks promising and leveling is really fun right now (good clear speed and can already face tank all bosses).

I was wondering 2 things though :

For the leveling, when do you consider taking the belt and/or vaal pact ? Because I don't feel tanky enough right now, and I also don't like the idea of losing my life flask before having done all labs xD.

And the second question, is whirling blades enough to escape a fight if you see yourself taking more damage than you can recover ? I mean, having all the regen based on attacks looks punishing in hc if you don't the game perfectly well (I still havn't done higher than t10 maps).

Oh and also, do you have a cheap alternative to lion's roar ?

Thanks in advance for your answer =) !
"
Nyrzan wrote:
First I want to say that the build looks promising and leveling is really fun right now (good clear speed and can already face tank all bosses).

I was wondering 2 things though :

For the leveling, when do you consider taking the belt and/or vaal pact ? Because I don't feel tanky enough right now, and I also don't like the idea of losing my life flask before having done all labs xD.

And the second question, is whirling blades enough to escape a fight if you see yourself taking more damage than you can recover ? I mean, having all the regen based on attacks looks punishing in hc if you don't the game perfectly well (I still havn't done higher than t10 maps).

Oh and also, do you have a cheap alternative to lion's roar ?

Thanks in advance for your answer =) !

Hi! good you like the build so far!

to answer your questions i would wait with belt and vaal pact until merciless lab, but its depends what gear you have and how well you can manual dodge. Lab is where this build is having a bad time because of Abyssus. just take it by feeling if you think you you have enough Energy shield and damage to leech.
(feel free to PM me your gear when you get that far). so try to do the first 3 labs with out them and without Abyssus.

Yes whirling blades is good and fast enough to escape everything, but you can use shield charge if you feel that's better for you.

As for the flask you dont need to use it. Its more of a dps flask if you know you can lose a life flask. For me i mostly use it for shaper. just use any flask you want.

Hope i could help you! just ask more questions if you have them!
Last edited by Mea_ on Aug 15, 2017, 8:27:14 AM
Nice build!
Just started a new character and using your build, so far it's very nice. :)
Does increased AOE actually work?
The POE wiki says "No longer gain increased area of effect radius." as of 2.6
Does this mean something else?
"
Garridy wrote:
Does increased AOE actually work?
The POE wiki says "No longer gain increased area of effect radius." as of 2.6
Does this mean something else?

inc aoe does work
How does this build compare to the same build that's only health based? Would dual wielding with this build be viable? Could this build be comparable to one using ghost reaver instead of Soul Tether Belt?
Last edited by Darkcastle on Aug 21, 2017, 6:07:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info