[3.0] Dark Pact Berserker - 10k+ Life

"
KeenSenses wrote:
Would you mind sharing your tree. I am working on one as well but am not sure how I am going to path around the shadow area.

I would like to avoid running Blood magic, but not sure if it will work out well.

Thanks.

I'm not the guy you're quoting, but feel free to take a look at my link above. I'm running MoM and crit. I'm not running blood magic.
Not a fan of BM for this as well for Dark Pact.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAQHBLMI9AthD6sRLRQgFr8W6RzcIvQkNySLJpUqOCycMtE1kjpYOuE8BTwtPV89_EVHRZ1JE0lRTLNN41BCUEdSU1M1U1JVS1XGWGNcQF8_YeJnm2jyakNqjGwLbRltbHWefIN_xoPMg9uHy4ngjDaMz4_6kx-TJ5eVl_SYV5rgm7WiAKLZplenm64-r2yw2LVItz686r8IwGbBxcM6xq7G2MgUzxXYveRR5ljr7uwY7w7vfPAf8NXyRfVv9kj-Cv6P?accountName=bluetalon&characterName=DarkWarlockTalon

Currently moving towards the BloodDrinker life nodes in Shadow then will move onto picking up Jewel slots and rolling some 2/3 stat Jewels. Max life > Spell dam with staff > Spell dam / Chaos Dam. Cobalt Jewels seem to be the best option.

The biggest upgrade in DPS (for my gear now) should be once I start crafting some Essence of Envy +life coral rings. Each lowest tier Envy essence costs between 1c and 2c. With a good +30 life implicit Coral ring and a lucky +life roll (+45 or more) or craft Elreons lvl 6 +life mod (+35->+44), you should be able to get a ring with +65 life and +23->26% increased chaos damage. Do that for two rings and an amulet and you get +66->75% increased chaos damage. A notable boost for very minor outlay.

I think I'm doing around 40-50k dps now. Hard to tell with the tool-tip but I do 10k hits and cast about 4-5 times a sec. POB at around level 80 with ok gear says around 200k dps before Wither totem is applied.

I've mucked around in PoB and tested (at level 68) with MoM and PoH, using the clear mind jewel and you can get somewhere around 7k life and 4k mana (8.3k effective life pool) doing around 300k dps. The only concern I have with MoM is during 'facetank' fights, which is every boss fight for me, my mana is always 0 or just above and occasionally I will have a miscast due to insufficient mana. Really frustrated me so I rebuilt as per above and can get 9k life and more dps. Currently, I have 4k and a bit life, with very meh gear.
Also, MoM adds another gearing requirement (got to chase +mana on gear) so would be more expensive for a minor gain.

"
"
KeenSenses wrote:
Would you mind sharing your tree. I am working on one as well but am not sure how I am going to path around the shadow area.

I would like to avoid running Blood magic, but not sure if it will work out well.

Thanks.

I'm not the guy you're quoting, but feel free to take a look at my link above. I'm running MoM and crit. I'm not running blood magic.

How does a crit DP work for you? Notable increase in DPS?
Last edited by bluetalon on Aug 10, 2017, 11:29:59 PM
"
bluetalon wrote:

It's quite a large DPS increase, but that's not even why I did it. I have plans to grab Atziri's Acuity when I can afford it, which will also make the choice to go MoM a lot more impactful.

Also if you're worried about mana in boss fights, vaal clarity and Lav's Spirit are both very nice.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 10, 2017, 11:45:12 PM
"
"
bluetalon wrote:

It's quite a large DPS increase, but that's not even why I did it. I have plans to grab Atziri's Acuity when I can afford it, which will also make the choice to go MoM a lot more impactful.

Also if you're worried about mana in boss fights, vaal clarity and Lav's Spirit are both very nice.

I figured Atziri's Acuity was the answer. Seems like a good idea to make good use of MoM. Nice work mate.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 11, 2017, 2:48:40 AM
Which bandit? alira?
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I've settled in on a final tree and gearing did the shaper and chimera with LEVEL 17 gem - its still 17!

I think its a waste to do BM you see im 10K life too w/o and get aura

lvl 17 gem
87K dps in hideout NO buff no flask
9770 life

Hope this helps anyone.

ANYWAY TIME TO LADDER IT

This is exactly what I am going. Non crit, tons of life, might even go for MoM and not reserve mana since Pledge gives tons of mana as well. Started speccing into SOME crit, instantly regretted it and will back it out when I get off work.

Good stuff man.
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Aug 11, 2017, 11:12:50 AM
Whats the advantage of goin zerker over occulist for Dark pact?
"
Camaron wrote:

The leach from ascend, the Cloaked in Savegery + the leach = instant heal up when taking big hits, the 40% MORE damage from ascend.

Zerker is a top notch ascendancy for almost ANY build.
"
Camaron wrote:

Dark Pact hurts your health, and Zerker is the best at refilling it.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info