[3.0] VP DP OP - Dark Pact Berserker - New Minotaur Facetank Video

Thanks man, I got a goldrim and my resists will be good even after act 10. I'm leveling DP in an offhand wand and I'll add warlord's.

I'll check in when I'm able to start using DP and let you know how the tree is working at that point. Appreciate the help, hope things settle down for you. Guild drama sucks, games are supposed to be fun.
Hey lolbifrost, good build you have, the skills you use seem to work well together... but are you able to have alternative gear that's not mirror worthy? Unique alternatives listed in your PoB while levelling or mapping? Other flasks perhaps? Not feasible to build like this unless you have hundreds of exalts.
Finally did atziri completely deathless because I'm bad lol
"
Severas wrote:
Hey lolbifrost, good build you have, the skills you use seem to work well together... but are you able to have alternative gear that's not mirror worthy? Unique alternatives listed in your PoB while levelling or mapping? Other flasks perhaps? Not feasible to build like this unless you have hundreds of exalts.

Rares that have less of the stats and worse rolls than listed are cheaper. Also there are really cheap uniques in the hardcore build. Div is a good cheap weapon. Belt of the Deceiver is still a good option.

The flasks don't need to be perfect, you should just have the bases and you should have some combination of warding, staunching and heat.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 20, 2017, 12:27:56 AM
Added my current character for reference, in case it helps anyone.
"
"
RipleyScroll wrote:
"

With MoM, enough damage will bring your mana to 0, stopping you from casting and therefore leeching. I was solving this problem with Lav's Spirit, which makes skills free for its duration (7 seconds). But it's also a mana flask, so it turns off when you get to full mana. Acuity gets you to full mana every hit. So suddenly Lav's only lets you cast 4 times in a fight, instead of for 28 seconds. Vaal Clarity didn't work, because we had no room for more gems, and I didn't like that it started empty and only stored one charge anyway.

I remember you talking about getting a life:mana ratio of ~7:3 would solve this problem. Why won't that work? Sorry if I'm being blind here. :D

It might, but even if it worked, it would have lowered either our health or our damage, still required two of the top 5 most expensive unique items in the game, and not been as good as the build that is currently up. I wasn't necessarily going to consider the new build the solution until I saw it was just straight up better.

Unfortunate, in light of my post explaining my motivations for this build, but that one obnoxious guy was right: 3M damage isn't all that much when you have magical christmasland gear. And gaining 500 health by dropping Kaom's Heart is pretty telling as well. I was so focused on doing cool things I wasn't doing good things.

I'm a little disappointed about losing a strong source of damage mitigation in MoM, so I'm trying to figure out some way to make our 8K life go further, but short of an even more unlikely perfect corruption on an amulet, I can't figure out a good way. Getting rid of AM isn't really a good option. Neither is getting rid of a ring, or changing to Witch (because then we'd need WM to leech, which begs the question).

That said, if we have to use Enfeeble and we can't get a curse amulet, Dropping a Ring and Haste for Doedre's Damning and Enfeeble is better than replacing Assassin's Mark.

I think it's worth mentioning that you can still stick to MoM/Acuity variant without casting problems if you simply use life to cast with either "The Covenant" Armor or Vagan's Blood Magic craft:

I just hope that people don't look at the profile of "that one obnoxious guy" and follow his quite interesting support gem choice of Controlled Destruction over Added Chaos on a crit caster after all that.
"
loltaze wrote:
I just hope that people don't look at the profile of "that one obnoxious guy" and follow his quite interesting support gem choice of Controlled Destruction over Added Chaos on a crit caster after all that.

The softcore build here has Controlled Destruction, which seemed weird to me. I only have a 5 link Carcass as a loaner from my guild as the 6L ones are 500c and I am a new player.

Here is my build right now:
https://pastebin.com/XQCnjbgS

The major off-path nodes I went for were +life ones, in this order:
Heart and Soul (2 pts)
Cruel Preparation (3 pts)
Written in Blood (4 pts)
Blood Drinker (4 pts)
^^ plus Fangs of the Viper for 1 extra pt gotta have that movespeed
Revenge of the Hunted (4 pts)
I did not get Quick Recovery but maybe I should have.

At this point I was able to get Vaal Pact and do well, Cloaked in Savagery probably the biggest game changer as your hp shoot right back up whenever you get spiked. I run Mark of the Warlord and Haste then use Shield Charge to move into packs and DP them. Using the lightning golem and Vortex with cast on receiving damage.

Was able to facetank eveything but Kitava, so I picked up Amplify and Method to the Madness for DPS and now I'm moving from Written in Blood up to Atrophy to get as much chaos damage as possible.

At this point I am curious where my best investments are. Do I want more crit, more life? I haven't bought any jewel slots. But I'm clearing like a boss and not having any issues. I would like to be running a little faster as the BAM BAM BAM of shield charge gets on your nerves a bit.

My items are likely bad. I'm having a hell of a time searching on poe.trade for jewelry because of the interface and my lack of knowledge, and this is especially true of the jewels which are quite expensive. I haven't checked the hardcore built yet so if there are some good cheap items that will help.

Re: Controlled Destruction

This gem is kind of a reverse trap. Even if you're going crit, the more damage modifier is so huge that losing 5% effective crit (which is what 100% reduced means on a 5% crit base spell) is worth it, unless you need the crits for a specific mechanic more than you need DPS. This was true when we were setting up to get acuity, but it is no longer true.

100% reduced crit looks scary, but it's not that bad.

That said, added chaos is also very good on this spell. I'm not sure what "obnoxious guy"'s links were, but if he didn't run added chaos he was wrong.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 20, 2017, 4:10:26 PM
Can't wait for a guide to this
Last edited by dankNstein on Jul 17, 2020, 6:12:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info