[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
phx wrote:
Does the shock work on bosses? Cause wiki says "Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 0.2% enemy maximum life"

We use elemental focus on bosses. Can't cause elemental status ailments anyway
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
why take soul raker?(if for leeched is ok)
but why take Claws of the pride?(bonus only for Claws)
thanks for help!
Ign:Mendezftw
"
exxidus wrote:
"
phx wrote:
Welp ... maybe with OPs standart gear you right, but on my league budget deadeye with disabled flasks gives same damage as PF with all flasks active. Maybe thats because my wise oak doesn't work without all rez same, but its impossible to get these for me right now.

what most people forget is the shock, ignite and chill effect which is increased very hard with pathfinder -> boss killer

"
Ahfack wrote:
"
phx wrote:
Does the shock work on bosses? Cause wiki says "Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 0.2% enemy maximum life"

We use elemental focus on bosses. Can't cause elemental status ailments anyway

So it seems we doesn't use shock on bosses and exxidus dps calculation wrong, right? I'm considering if I should reroll PF now.
"
Mendezshow wrote:
why take soul raker?(if for leeched is ok)
but why take Claws of the pride?(bonus only for Claws)
thanks for help!

Lioneye's fall
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
So, long time reader and general bow build enthusiast here. I've now played league versions of this build since harbinger league and I just managed to finish up all my goals for Bestiary, so I figured I'd share my previous characters gear and some thoughts about the builds progression over the leagues and patches in general. I may not be very descriptive in most things but I will try to summarize in broad strokes what I did each league in each summary. I guess you could say this is my homage to the build. (TL;DR build good)
Edit: Try not to get triggered by lack of quality on some gems and flasks, went fast enough to forget about a few.

Harbinger league summary:
Spoiler
For Harbinger I ended up starting out with a basic ED Contagion trickster as a starter. I played for about two weeks, quite intensely until I decided to switch things up. I did some research what would be a dope build to go with. Since I had played signal shot (like everyone else) in Legacy league, I was still feeling the bow-jazz and landed on this post. Ended up flipping and farming for another week before I managed to sell all my gear and spend quite heavily in a proper Doomfletch setup. When I finally got it up and running I knew this would be it, just took some getting used to Abyssus.
I called this character BroodTwineWannabe and ended up getting to 100 about mid-league at 524th place overall, along with 37/40. (Which is quite decent for my standards) All in all, insane build, insane power-level, lots of fun.

Harbinger gear:
Spoiler

Abyss league summary:
Spoiler

This time around I had my eye on the prize from the get-go, I decided to make the transition to Doomfletch way faster by starting out as a generic molten strike pathfinder. I did some currency pooling with close friends and a lot of early game trading and flipping. But I quite quickly realized the more I crafted my own gear, the better - so I did just that, with a few odd purchases here and there. Managed to have a decent Doomfletch setup running in about 5 days of very intense play. I ended up finishing 36/40 in the first week, all in all good but no 100 this time around. Still felt a drop in power.

Abyss gear:
Spoiler

Bestiary league summary:
Spoiler

Third time around I felt very comfortable around playing Doomfletch, decided to attempt it as a starter, which generally you shouldn't ever do for happy results. Lady fortune was however on my side and I found a tabula at level 11, purchased my first doomfletch around hour 3 and the prophecy an hour later. It went on pretty smooth, applied similar strategies as in Abyss league for great trading/flipping success along with pooled currency. This league was however quite a special case because I had the luck of the draw the entire time around, most of my rares are self-crafted and the first six-link was done in 50 fuses. Once the setup was up and running at a fair enough stage,
things took off quite quickly and I managed to finish up 36/40 in the first 10 days. I felt here just as in Abyss, the power level had dropped quite a bit with the nerfs, all the content was still very doable though, just not a "breeze". Kept track of my time played for this one, 5 days 4 hours played at the 10 day mark.

Bestiary gear:
Spoiler

Thoughts and overall summary:
This was my last league playing Doomfletch, while it is capable to do all content very quickly given proper time invested - there's a very common theme going on. In order to have a decent amount of success early in a league with the build you need to do a lot of trading early on, because most of the gear scales fairly well as the economy develops, if you don't get in on a few good items early it might be tough, especially if you mostly do mindless mapping. Clear-cut strategy will yield success. I however don't feel like putting in that time anymore, since I'm all about the early stages of the league and not the long game. I would advise anyone considering this as anything near a starter, to go generic chin sol with a ton of abyss jewels and a windripper weapon-swap instead. You will reach similar results with way less struggle (and be richer while doing so).

However, I will pay respect where respect is due. This is a great build, it's tough to reach grand results in new leagues as is, but it is still great. If you play on standard however, it's as godly as ever. As for me, I'll look to something else next league.
Big thanks to Ahfack for putting in the time answering questions and keeping well dated with new patches.
Last edited by Oscer on Mar 18, 2018, 6:13:03 PM
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
dark_la99 wrote:
How do y'all get enough intelligence ?

Can manage int on jewels, take a +30int node on tree, also jewel slot in the top right has 2 10int nodes before it. 16int on onyx ammy base or 24int on other ammy base. Can master craft 30int to rare chest or multimod a steel ring with good phys/3rd or life roll

Many thanks sir ! Have a good day :D
how do i sustain mana with hatred + herald? it just isnt possible! Even with only hatred on, how do i sustain it? u dont even use a mana flask in your build description! Im kinda newb to poe and really like this build, but it is expensive and im relaly struglying with it ;/
"
Godelicious wrote:
how do i sustain mana with hatred + herald? it just isnt possible! Even with only hatred on, how do i sustain it? u dont even use a mana flask in your build description! Im kinda newb to poe and really like this build, but it is expensive and im relaly struglying with it ;/

Duelist/claw leech node or % of damage leeched as mana on items.
"
Godelicious wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.1/AAAABAIDAABeCC4NjRmOI9NOKluvbyePYJuN037tg-4O73r8xQ==?accountName=exxidus&characterName=Lageniany

this little mana leech node is more than enough if you have more than 10 dmg ^^
nvm i found it:)
Ign:Mendezftw
Last edited by Mendezshow on Mar 19, 2018, 7:45:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info