[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
Whytefalcon wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Whytefalcon wrote:

Thanks for the shout out!

My character page is far from optimized for DPS. I was originally running with 2x steel rings and an nice phys damage necklace but found the damage was just so bloody high I put on bisco's and item rarity without giving up any clear speed. Been farming Abyss and T15 habinger maps with my current setup without issues. My res aren't even balanced (and that makes a HUGE difference on bosses).

I've done everything up to T16s with a bisco's, 2x 5L, starkonja, and for the life of me I can't vaal a +1 arrow drillneck (I could have bought 2 by now with what I've spent trying). I'm even using a garbage stat ring just so I can equip Kaoms. You don't need ahfack type gear to make this build strong, just look for as much physical damage as possible.

For flasks: Dying sun and diamond flask make the biggest difference. Wise oak is amazing if your res are balanced and only ok if not. Taste of hate only makes a small difference for your damage, it's more for defense and I'd call it low priority if you're not wearing abyssus. A +1 drillneck will go a LOT further than a ToH.

Hello Whytefalon,

I pasted you pastebin into PoB, made some modeifiation, mainly reduce level to more relistic (for me) 92, & swap to Avator of the veil (instead of chase) for more toughness.

I have been pondering over which is better, raider or pathfinder. I like raider due to perm frenzy & its bonus & less flask reliance. But at the same time, this build is very flask reliance, & using the pathfinder PoB pastebin, without flasks up, the damage drop by more than 60%. So while therorical damage from raider is higher, the actual damage may be lower due to less fask uptime, or maybe I am wrong.

Also question to Ahfack, how sustainable are flask as pathfinder to guardians & Shaper? assuming my (non GG gear) gears took double time on them.

They both have their advantages. I prefer raider because I suck with flasks. You forget them and you're at ~30% fire and cold res and that can mean a quick death. I'm also a mere peasant compared to people like Ahfack, and just play for fun. I'll never have mirror quality gear, so I wanted to make sure I could play this build with average items.

In my opinion, a raider is the better choice for less talented players with worse gear (insert me). Good players with amazing gear tends more to the pathfinder.

Here's the one crazy thing about this build - It. Is. Stupid. Strong. Unless you are doing guardians/shaper/uber you don't need more dps. I switched to the bisco's and a 5L (well, 6L with item rarity) because the DPS was just so high. I still 1 shot most packs. In fact, I played an enfeeble, extra life, ele res, EE map T15 the other day and was taken back when it took 2 shots to kill groups - in magicfind gear.

If you're min/max'ing flasks will become an issue on raider, but, to be honest, my flask management sucks because I haven't had to get good on it with this character - they are nice to have, but you don't need them for maps if you're resistances are >75%.

Oh, and about the ascendancy, Avatar of the veil is nice because you don't have to worry about elemental ailments, but avatar of the chase gives you a lot of evasion (with starkonja) and that helps survivability. I wouldn't recommend an abyssus as a raider, I tried it for a while but was just too fragile.

One more thing - here's my build in PoB. You can see my dps is pathetic compared to Ahfack. I can't afford good jewels (so took claws of the pride instead) and couldn't be bothered to farm labs for a decent enchant. This is plenty for everything up to T15. I switch gear for guardians (2 balanced res, lots more phys damage, way more life) - haven't tried shaper.
https://pastebin.com/ihAzJWwp

Thanks for the detailed reply. I think I made up my mind. ;)
Hi,

could someone please give me some advice on my tree and gear?
I'm stuck at around tier 10 in maps and I think I need more dmg and survivability at the same time. I haven't upgraded my gear in like 10 levels because it would mess with my wise oak and I only have 2-3 ex to spend.
Thanks for your reply.
"
TheGreatJNK wrote:
Hi,

I'm stuck at around tier 10 in maps and I think I need more dmg and survivability at the same time. I haven't upgraded my gear in like 10 levels because it would mess with my wise oak and I only have 2-3 ex to spend.
Thanks for your reply.

Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings

6l for barrage

New belt, meginords is for leveling only - you're level 88 :P

40 life on gloves? need a bit more life

if you're married to not having 2 doomfletches, then it's worth investing in one +1 arrow drillnecka s it will boost both your clearing skill and your barrage since you don't weapon swap

looks like you're missing 2 points from missions

get a taste of hate

get a dying sun

:D
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Oct 21, 2017, 2:38:59 PM
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
TheGreatJNK wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings Steel rings

6l for barrage

New belt, meginords is for leveling only - you're level 88 :P

40 life on gloves? need a bit more life

if you're married to not having 2 doomfletches, then it's worth investing in one +1 arrow drillnecka s it will boost both your clearing skill and your barrage since you don't weapon swap

looks like you're missing 2 points from missions

get a taste of hate

get a dying sun

Wait, what kind of rings?

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
so how's my Raider now? upped my HP while maintaining resist cap. did uber lab and can quite easily farm shaped spider forest efficiently. I am still saving for gg steel rings. any further suggestions? ty
thx for this great guide and even more for the amazing items and inspiration to minmax the shit out of doomfletch. Since i already got all my rangers to 100 i went for Inquisitor which is the next best thing for doomfletch. i am having a blast with this (2/3 guys are at 100) and wanted to share my faster clearspeed setup for inquisitor, note that you can use these gearswaps on pathfinder/raider aswell to get some better speed.

the relevant changes are devotos for faster and safer mapping, shadows and dust for some more movement speed from rampage (and some more lvls for haste) and rigwalds quills for the insane increased AOE on tornado shot (credits go to cooltail/fyndel for that idea tho)

i prefer the amethyst flask over most other bases because poison clouds or some essence mods can be quite scary, together with devotos i am running positive chaos res which is just good for those 1/500 map encounters or if you are chaining canyon maps

PoB showed more dps for vengeance collar amulet than for sol locket, corruption knot remains the undisputed winner for this build tho. It is very important to note that chance to bleed support becomes one of the best supports when not using abyssus because you skip a lot of flat phys there.

currently i got almost 9k life at 100 and around 8k life at 92 (mostly due to good jewels and leg kaoms tho) and enough dps to take down any boss in a matter of 1-3seconds.

for shaper and guardians i still use

to squeeze out all the dps i can, it kills a shaper phase in about half a beam duration, so more than enough dmg.

thx for the inspiration Ahfack!
What is my best upgrade path at this point? Taste of Hate, +1 drillneck, enchanted helm are all extremely expensive. I have about 4-5ex to drop to make this stonger. I can 1-shot trash mobs up to around T12 and have around 5.2k life.

"
xaeror35 wrote:
What is my best upgrade path at this point? Taste of Hate, +1 drillneck, enchanted helm are all extremely expensive. I have about 4-5ex to drop to make this stonger. I can 1-shot trash mobs up to around T12 and have around 5.2k life.

Steel ring

t1 phys amulet

missing some top tier flat phys so chance to bleed in place of inc crit strikes

taste of hate

dying sun

quality and roll your flasks lol
"
OvercastqTx wrote:
thx for this great guide and even more for the amazing items and inspiration to minmax the shit out of doomfletch. Since i already got all my rangers to 100 i went for Inquisitor which is the next best thing for doomfletch. i am having a blast with this (2/3 guys are at 100) and wanted to share my faster clearspeed setup for inquisitor, note that you can use these gearswaps on pathfinder/raider aswell to get some better speed.

the relevant changes are devotos for faster and safer mapping, shadows and dust for some more movement speed from rampage (and some more lvls for haste) and rigwalds quills for the insane increased AOE on tornado shot (credits go to cooltail/fyndel for that idea tho)

i prefer the amethyst flask over most other bases because poison clouds or some essence mods can be quite scary, together with devotos i am running positive chaos res which is just good for those 1/500 map encounters or if you are chaining canyon maps

PoB showed more dps for vengeance collar amulet than for sol locket, corruption knot remains the undisputed winner for this build tho. It is very important to note that chance to bleed support becomes one of the best supports when not using abyssus because you skip a lot of flat phys there.

currently i got almost 9k life at 100 and around 8k life at 92 (mostly due to good jewels and leg kaoms tho) and enough dps to take down any boss in a matter of 1-3seconds.

for shaper and guardians i still use

to squeeze out all the dps i can, it kills a shaper phase in about half a beam duration, so more than enough dmg.

thx for the inspiration Ahfack!

You're very welcome! Yeah it's a fun build to min-max. You can realy feel it getting better over time :) Yeah VC is more dmg in PoB cuz of the wed since we deal more than just light dmg, but is more expensive, has less phys, has less life, and I'm not a scumbag :D

yeah, rigwald quills are cool too, i played around with them, and tbh signal fire is more deeps. But I wanted to continue the vision of using drillnecks since they're cheap af. When I made this guide, I bought my +2 barrage enchant abyssus for like 2-3ex, both my +1 drillnecks for aroudn 1ex each, both doomfletches already 6l'd for 5-7ex each, and reg kaoms for 2ex. So it was super easy and cheap to start up. Of course, once a build gets almost 200 pages on it, those items go up especially in league so a lot of people complaining about price now haha, but it was actually really cheap when I started it :)
Last edited by Ahfack on Oct 22, 2017, 12:23:27 PM
Hi, I was wondering what should be the next upgrade besides the obvious + 2 barrage abyssus. Been having a lot of fun with this build and managing to swap out a ring, amulet and gloves for MF gears for regular mapping.
I want to level this character up to lvl 100 but been having difficulty because of random deaths from HH. I will probably need to swap out HH and wear sibyls if I dont want to risk dying.

Hear are my gears, thank you again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info