[3.0] Dark Pact Berserker, need help

Ok so I'm running a Dark Pact Berserker

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Skelworath/characters?characterName=MothPact

It's doing great against packs ... not so good against bosses

MoM problems - when getting hit consistently or staying in damage over time, I run out of mana and am unable to do anything ... which results in death

Vaal Pact Problems - The leech is perfect in packs ... when against single target and not killing I am down to 3% ( 1 from ascendancy and 2 from warlord's mark). I do more damage to myself then bosses do, and when solo against the boss it easily results in death.

I'm guessing that Apep's Rage is not a very good option mana and cast speed wise.

Anyway I'm looking for advice as to how to make single target fights comfortable
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2017, 1:50:09 AM
looks like a part of your problem is gear. Low Health and discontinuity of armor types. Might help going with more Evasion, or maybe armor.

Not sure of Apep's, but the bonus dmg to chaos has to help. Since you are going wand, barrage maybe for single target? not sure of that, but its a suggestion
Apep's is pretty terrible. It's hurting you more than helping.
It's adding a negligible amount of flat chaos, and adding cast speed when you don't scale off cast speed, but increasing your mana costs. An act 1 wand from Nessa would be better (Or better use something that allows a movement skill)

MoM is only good when you have enough unreserved mana, and enough mana regen to refill. You have neither (and not even runing a mana or hybrid flask). On top of that, you haven't taken the mana nodes behind it, which are the best mana nodes on the tree.
On that note - if you really need 4 life flasks you are definitely doing something wrong! Use some defensive and offensive flasks and just keep 1 or 2 life flasks (And roll them please! You want at least 1 instant flask). Actually - none are rolled - you do know you can use trans orbs on flasks?

My 5c:
Stay away from VP. It's imho as bad as it ever was, it was good only as insta leech for ES. Regen is the king.

Apep's are actually good, I play my zerk with two. It's equivalent of lvl ~17 Added chaos damage gem, what's not to like? I like my chaos spells to have that gem socketed three times :) The increased mana cost is not issue for my build, I can sustain casting without any problems. Mana cost is also very good for Arcane Surge uptime, unfortunately in the end that would mean too many blue sockets so I decided to ditch that for Iron Will.

Only down side of Apep's usage is no access to Fortify, so I use CDWT + Enfeeble.

As for other methods of mana sustain: We're talking about zerk here, use warcry, it's on 2s cooldown. Rallying will even give you nice mana regen boost...

Only thing I'm not sure yet is if Carcass Jack or Cherrubim's Maleficence, I'm inclined for latter choice though (much better leech).
"
peetrscz wrote:
My 5c:
Only thing I'm not sure yet is if Carcass Jack or Cherrubim's Maleficence, I'm inclined for latter choice though (much better leech).

If you're using Iron Will, sounds like a solid choice (1200 chromas on average to get 1R 1G 4B). I'm going for a crit build, though, and I'll need 1G 5B, so Cherrubim's is unfortunately not an option for me (12k chromas on average).
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
Skelworath wrote:

MoM problems - when getting hit consistently or staying in damage over time, I run out of mana and am unable to do anything ... which results in death

Vaal Pact Problems - The leech is perfect in packs ... when against single target and not killing I am down to 3% ( 1 from ascendancy and 2 from warlord's mark). I do more damage to myself then bosses do, and when solo against the boss it easily results in death.

I'm guessing that Apep's Rage is not a very good option mana and cast speed wise.

Anyway I'm looking for advice as to how to make single target fights comfortable

You'll probably have to decide between MoM and Apep's. VP is fine, your problem is that you're not doing enough damage yet. Dark Pact can do over 100k dmg easily per hit when properly built, so even 1% leech will be good enough.

Just pull through, it will get better soon.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
zagibu wrote:
"
peetrscz wrote:
My 5c:

If you're using Iron Will, sounds like a solid choice (1200 chromas on average to get 1R 1G 4B). I'm going for a crit build, though, and I'll need 1G 5B, so Cherrubim's is unfortunately not an option for me (12k chromas on average).

The game trolled me pretty badly with 5b 1r cherrubim. Still deciding wth to do with it.
I'm playing a Dark Pact Berserker too.

Apep's + MoM will not work. Vaal Pact instant leech is only good for your life and not your mana.

No mana = no casting = no leech = you died.

Honestly I think you should stay away from both Apep's and MoM because Dark Pact is already fairly mana hungry. Running Warlord's Mark will help your sustain greatly and as others have pointed out increasing your damage will help you sustain your life leech and survivability.
Fresh builds all day.
I too am playing it . i was having difficulties with bosses at the start but cleared packs in 1 hit. of course the problem with bosses was i did so little dmage my leech didnt cover up the 6% hp cost the skill had.
using these now you can see my character page for more reference
character name: AndrewLloyd
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
Last edited by Petarded on Aug 7, 2017, 8:18:12 PM
get cloaked in savagery for vaal pact afterwards remove the warcry ascendancy nodes and put them into the 40% more damage in uberlab
i was using abyssal cry at the start too but realised it was not worth it. i keep the ascendancy points for now because it has great hprecovery
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info