Ruthless

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Feb 28, 2022, 12:45:44 PM
How does the gem interacts with channeling skills?

And is a ruthless hit visible on a mob like cold damage (chill)?
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Does the 3rd attack bonus applied to counter skills such as Riposte or Vengeance? I'm playing a Gladiator and putting them with Ruthless, and I was surprise to see those "3rd attack deal extra damage"

However, I didn't see much difference when testing it a couple of time. My character is still at low level since I don't have much time to play it.

Btw, I'd suggest to add visual to the attack when the effect is triggered. The bonus itself is really big, and would feel more powerful than seeing chunk of enemies HP dropped.

Somehow, this gem really made me wants to play a heavy strike build with its threshold jewel. Hit / Bleeding with that skill on 3rd hit when the stars align sounds fun.
How would Ruthless work with Cyclone? If I held down my mouse button and spun around a boss? Is it every third hit? Or every third series of spins?
"
Feaurie wrote:
How would Ruthless work with Cyclone? If I held down my mouse button and spun around a boss? Is it every third hit? Or every third series of spins?

Look at the top 3 player in SSF Hardcore Harbinger league. His character is public. He uses Ruthless with Cyclone so I guess it works and this gem should scale incredibly well with attack speed + fast attacking skills.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
I'm playing a lev 90 trickster with fast attacks and poison as my base.
I've been experimenting with ruthless support and it seems to work well. It has low damage compared to other combos.
I was using viperstrike but its been nerfed with 3.0 so trying puncture. It doesn't clear as fast but when you hit a mob hard and dance around, all of the mob gradually dies from bleeding.
"
neurolergic wrote:
"
Feaurie wrote:

Look at the top 3 player in SSF Hardcore Harbinger league. His character is public. He uses Ruthless with Cyclone so I guess it works and this gem should scale incredibly well with attack speed + fast attacking skills.

It scales pretty much with both fast and hard slow hits. Imagine ~30.000 dps stacked bleed from heavy strike.
Last edited by Asheren on Aug 10, 2017, 8:57:15 AM
Ive got a question .
How does Ruthless interact with Multistrike .
Will it be always trigered on the thrid Multi Hit ?
Thanks .
I think there might be a bug in how reflected damage is calculated.

I am runing a build scion slayer ascedancy. With heavy strike linked to ruthless brutality and meele damage. Single double dmg jewel. Resolute technique.

I was runing 15% reflect map for testing purpose. My maximum dmg was at aprox 9000 at the time.

Soo max dmg with proc should be 36000 physical. Accounting for ascedancy maximum reflected dmg in perfect conditon should be no more than 2700 raw dmg.

With aprox 4500 hp i was able to nearly oneshot myself.
...after linking ruthless to my cyclone:
The DpS doesn't change.
I hear or see no difference (there's no sound or animation for the third hit)

I suppose it works, but it feels a bit underwhelming when you don't get (visual or numerical) feedback.

Setup:

(it's so great I can now add 5 red physical damage supports without having to fall back on faster attacks, multistrike, crit or melee full)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 12, 2017, 2:09:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info