Chance to Bleed

"
yhateful wrote:
I guess this forum is dead, but I'll give it a shot since I can't find any posts from Mark or anyone when alternate quality was added.

Exactly how does Divergent Chance to Bleed work?

Is it a 20% multiplier to the value "Effectiveness of Added Damage" on the supported skill, or is it additive with this value?

Or does it only apply to the damage coming from Chance to Bleed itself, in which case it seems like a convoluted way of just adding more flat damage via quality?

Or does it work some other way?
It is a more damage modifier that only applies to added damage - this will affect any added damage the skill has.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
yhateful wrote:
I guess this forum is dead, but I'll give it a shot since I can't find any posts from Mark or anyone when alternate quality was added.

Exactly how does Divergent Chance to Bleed work?

Is it a 20% multiplier to the value "Effectiveness of Added Damage" on the supported skill, or is it additive with this value?

Or does it only apply to the damage coming from Chance to Bleed itself, in which case it seems like a convoluted way of just adding more flat damage via quality?

Or does it work some other way?
It is a more damage modifier that only applies to added damage - this will affect any added damage the skill has.

This probably is obvious to some people but how is this different from just saying "+20% effectiveness of added damage"? Or is the Divergent quality % increaing all your flat by 20% which is then multiplied by "effectiveness of added damage"? (which is then "increased" by a % and then multiplied by "more"?)

Does Ryslatha's Coil come in after the Divergent % more?

Did I get the order of operations right or am I off somewhere... terrible at math BTW.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Feb 23, 2021, 10:02:37 AM
"
alhazred70 wrote:
This probably is obvious to some people but how is this different from just saying "+20% effectiveness of added damage"?
That would stack this modifier additively with Effectiveness of Added Damage. "more" modifiers never stack additively with any other modifier.
Can this gem be changed to support minions? With Summon Reaper being added, this feels like a pretty reasonable thing to support it with.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:
This probably is obvious to some people but how is this different from just saying "+20% effectiveness of added damage"?
That would stack this modifier additively with Effectiveness of Added Damage. "more" modifiers never stack additively with any other modifier.

so to be clearly, the divergent quality wil increase more added dmg to supported skill from the gem itself (chance to bleed), OR it will increase more added dmg from all source to supported skill?
its multiplies all added flat damage of the supported skill by 1.2 if I read (and now reread) this correctly.

So Boneshatter with two steel rings and a couple abyssal jewels with flat phys all that base damage is x2.5 (250% damage effectivness of boneshatter) and then x1.2

If I understand Mark's clarification its not just 20% extra damage effectiveness because that would be additive and look like this: x2.7 (250% Boneshatter + 20% divergent chance to bleed combined) AKA "20% increased" instead of 20% more.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info