Charged Dash

This skill should have the "Flicker strike" treatment : When used with Haku spirit, the spirit is lost. So we can't attack...
Some QoL suggestion for Charged Dash :

- When using Charged Dash as a high frequency attack skill, the whole "channel and then teleport" aspect becomes very nauseating after awhile due to detecting the mirage moving, but being "yanked" towards the destination when channel ends.

What I would like to suggest is that the camera for the player follows the Mirage SLIGHTLY so that the player is able to "track" the mirage before the teleportation.
"Dead DPS is 0 DPS"

- Rules of Gaming
So I'm in standard and have all the gear I wanted to start with. I would say this skill feels good and I've had no problem so far with bosses. I jut finished act 8 so far. Kitava was a little weird but wasn't hard. I think I have like 50% movement speed so far. I haven't done any ascendancies yet. So I'd say all in all, it feels good once u get the gear for ms
This skill feels like it has good potential, but it's unpolished and a little unclear right now. The description and tooltip are all over the place with the numbers. 99.5%-99.61% base damage, and damage effectiveness goes from 50% to 51% to 100% from levels 1 to 3. Right...
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 10, 2017, 9:03:37 PM
First of all, i guess the mechanic of the skill is kind of weird.

It would be nice if --GGG-- would give us more info about the indepth mechanic!

Also i find it stupid that slower movementspeed make the skill stronger.

Currently i have 17k avg. dmg buffed with 7 frenzy charges.

But that seems a little underpowered.

I play Crit raider version with dual binos. (86%crit,500%multi, and all phys dmg and attack speed notes i can get)

5-link: cd-morephys-ias-critchance-wed (seemed to be the best choice)

so in my opinion i should have 30-40k avg dmg with such gear!

trash clearspeed is ok but cyclone is faster as example and the leech is also better.
channeling is dangerous and means no permanent leech!
so where is the benefit? 100 more damage at large range? yes but we heave to channel without makeing dmg!

boses suck hard.... they take to long and are rly risky! --> also with 75% phys mit. + artic armor + fortify!! and 3% VP leech!

would it be wrong to give the skill a 200% more dmg multiplier at highrange? it still would be not OP but more balanced!

Please GGG, this skill makes that much fun! the animation is great! and also the nice traveling style! buff it and a lot of people will enjoy it and spend more time ingame!

I can see ghosts all over! xD

(sry for my bad english, i'm german^^)
IGN: Elron
Last edited by elron on Aug 7, 2017, 5:35:34 PM
Agreed on pretty much all points.

1. Channel duration and attacks made. This seems totally backwards. .5s channel will deal all 5-10 attacks, the same as a full 1-2s channel. And, it will do so in a tight diameter so all hits land vs any 1 target, meaning it will deal supremely more dps then a full channel. as everyone else notes. its expected the longer the channel, the more attacks made.

2. Skill needs a count/indicator of attacks made. ghosts are not easily counted.

3.dropping haku mission ghosts is painful.

4.ghost needs visual priority, when channeling. too easily lost in boss aoe effects, etc.

5.damage scaling. the .1% per level, as well as the 100% more damage at max range. Clearly the 100% max range damage is not cutting it, as noted doing .5s channels is vastly more dps.

6. ghosts do not reflect character weapon held.

7. no mtx that makes ghosts look like daresso charged dash.
Last edited by Casia on Aug 8, 2017, 8:39:14 AM
On the whole the skill is not bad, if I were to change anything it would be a slight increase in channel speed, and as others have noted, re-work and increase the damage scaling as it levels. It is very lack lustre in that regard, particularly if channelling speed stays as is then it needs a little more oomph at higher levels.

Also making it a little easier to see the skill target as it moves would be welcome, it can be hard to judge just how far you are moving when it gets busy. If I could have it exactly as I wanted, I would also lower the percentage damage converted to lightning, its a dex gem, but that's just being picky.

Playing SSF, I started using it when I picked up a sword I couldn't ignore and could no longer use sunder, and have continued to stick with it.
Regards Hexcaliber
why do you say lower?
Lit strike and lit arrow are both 50% conversion.
phys to lit is also 50%

frostblades and iceshot are 60% conversion.
winter spirit is 40% phys to cold.
I think 50% conversion for Elemental Attacks are fine, and even more so if they are Dex Gems.

As with 2.6, GGG already made an effort to turn Dex into Attack Elemental type style of damage, with all those buffs to various Elemental attacks as well as tons of Elemental Attack clusters at Dex side of the tree.
"Dead DPS is 0 DPS"

- Rules of Gaming
Last edited by Myonaise on Aug 8, 2017, 2:46:39 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that CD does as many attacks per channel as your APS is rounded down. So if you have 5.00 APS you will get 5 AoE attacks and if you have 5.99 APS you still only get 5 AoE attacks? It seemed so when I tried different gears on couple of nights ago.

This just feels super awkward and clunky in a sense that getting that extra 0.90 attack speed and not getting DPS for it can mean you waste like 40-50% increased AS in gear/passives which is a HUGE investment.

It also feels like a huge noob trap considering the whole idea seems to be to scale with AS and MS. Even as a veteran player it felt awkward to try to think my break points for AS because of onslaught, 8 frenzy charges, Haste aura and Vaal haste aura are affecting my AS in different ways. Currently I have 6.25 APS with 8 charges and so I'm effectively wasting like 12% ias worth of investment, that seems kinda huge :S

Like if I ask someone should I use Lightnig golem or flame golem with this skill it would be logical to think that ofc lightning golem is better. However most likely Flame golem will be the better choice, unless lightning golem pushes me over the threshold(lets say from 5.9 aps to 6.1 aps) and then it is the better option BY MILES.

This combined with the fact that huge MS just makes you spread your AoE thinner and less overlap makes the whole skill really counter intuitive.
Last edited by ciryous on Aug 9, 2017, 6:19:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info