Charged Dash

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 9:19:17 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 9:19:55 PM
What are the break points for AS / MS / AoE for the number of attacks and overlapping explosions?
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Single DPS is lacking when used appropriately - full charge and let go. However, spamming the shortest channel possible on top of your target is pretty good... but feels awkward. I'm not charged dashing anymore.
Does leveling up this gem do anything? So far it looks like I went from 99.5% base damage at level 1 to 99.6% base damage at level 17.
I wonder why there is that damage effectiveness gap down from lvl 3.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Charged_Dash

Are the numbers in the wiki correct or does dmg eff scale all the way up to lvl 20? If the wiki is correct Charged Dash could need some reason to level it or it would be just a mechanic gem from lvl 3 on.

The skill is great esp. since it is able to overcome a lot of map clutter - but it could be a bit faster than actual movement speed (maybe here could come in your leveling reward?).
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
"
Jonkimble wrote:
Single DPS is lacking when used appropriately - full charge and let go. However, spamming the shortest channel possible on top of your target is pretty good... but feels awkward. I'm not charged dashing anymore.

Single target damage is also lacking if you do short charges against boss mobs, it's just not as awkward as full dashes. This gem needs some more power, I can get way better dps and a safer playstyle with Spectral Throw or Frostblades.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
Jonkimble wrote:

Single target damage is also lacking if you do short charges against boss mobs, it's just not as awkward as full dashes. This gem needs some more power, I can get way better dps and a safer playstyle with Spectral Throw or Frostblades.

Yeah my experience as well so far. Packs and clearing is fun and DPS seems great but bosses are absolute nightmare (Brine King was especially awful since dashing too far ends up pretty much killing you instantly), they take ages to die and you must practically hug the bosses to do damage which puts you even more in harms way than traditional melee. All and all it's a fun skill but I'd NEVER EVER consider using it in HC in its current form at least before you get map geared.

I got 2x Hyaon's that I'm gonna try today as DW raider, hopefully they will solve my DPS issues at for the time being.

As a improvement suggestion I'd say it would be a good idea to raise the base speed of the channel and maybe adjust the scaling down a little. with 30% MS the channel feels really sluggish, but with quicksilver up it just zooms so fast you can have hard time controlling your character.
Last edited by ciryous on Aug 7, 2017, 5:44:15 AM
accidental double post.
Last edited by ciryous on Aug 7, 2017, 5:40:23 AM
I had issues against the Ghetto boss's bear trap with a cast while channeling setup - I couldn't channel at all under the effect of debuff.

On a completely unrelated note, could you consider making it possible to use this skill while rescuing the spirit during Haku missions?
Good feedback on this thread. Overall the skill feels very lackluster, gotta say I'm disappointed.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930772/page/3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info