Dark Pact

I was playing around with Dark Pact and CI and noticed that if you link it on a CoC trigger it kills you when it triggers. bug?

Edit: nvm im stupid, had a mana flask that removed from life.. gg wp
Last edited by Oxziv on Aug 13, 2017, 10:12:07 AM
It is clear that it can be used with CI (proof) and you does not deal any extra damage. However is the x% more damage applied with CI?

"(0-95)% more Damage with Hits and Ailments if using your Life"
"This spell removes some life of from one of your skelleton minions near YOU or the TARGETED LOCATION"

So the most dangerous thing about the skill is firing at skeletons 2 rooms behind you because they are
"in range" and getting killed by the mobs you are surrounded by (while you pay life with blood magic to shoot at skeletons you can't even see).

Realy frustrating, may be a technical issue, but the skill would just feel so much better if the wording was only: near TARGETED LOCATION, without the YOU.
ign: UpForJava
Last edited by Upforsale on Aug 21, 2017, 11:30:18 AM
Question came up in General Discussion... is the 6% based on max life or current life? I've assumed max, and haven't seen effect to the contrary. But the wording of the skill doesn't say maximum life.

Is the spell getting weaker as my skeletons lose health?
It's maximum.
They should change the wording then. "Life" defaults to "current life" in usage (like "when life = 0 you die), and is referred to as "maximum life" when it means that (+25 to maximum life).
Hi.

First post ever asking a specific question about a skill, please excuse any breaches of etiquette...

So as the tooltip reads, it removes 6% of life to deal that numerical amount in damage.

Obviously this scales off of Max life.

My question is, does it also scale off increased damage taken? I.e. the berserker node taking 10% damage would then inflict 6.6% of Max life as damage. Would you also then deal 6.6% of your.life as damage?

And would this then extend out to say...fragile bloom gems?

Thanks in advance.
'remove' life is not same as taking damage, so increases to damage taken won't increase the amount of life you spend per use and so won't increase damage you do.
Tri-Dark Pact totem Scion - after using this char I've totally abandoned my complicated built Charged Dash and Firestorm chars due to its safety and insane clear speed. And you know maps become boring when everything dies in 1-2 hits(and vise versa)... This skill has the listed features which can be partially or fully utilized on -

- Chaos Damage (fewer ways to amplify it, cannot be reflected, can poison)
- large centered AOE
- self affliction to do more damage(or use skeletons)
- twice as much damage effectiveness

I think this skill currently has overshadowed many skills that have one or more components above like Ice Nova, Blight, Blade Vortex, Righteous Fire, Shockwave Totem(I have tried all these except RF for its special tree requirement), and I cannot work out a solution to this(except "nerf zerker" things and/or spell totem). Maybe lower the self damage part to 4% is a mild adjustment, but can't be sure.

As of other concerns, the FPS hurt can be compared to fully stacked firestorms when there are 3 totems casting DP and my char happens to be in the middle. It even got me a crash in merc lab Izaro fight(phase 2, forgot his ability). And these totems cannot evaluate range properly, often cast DP until destructed when enemies are only at the edge of the screen, which is very annoying coupled with the display issue above.

p.s. I hope the damage effectiveness part won't be touched in the near future, since I'd like to build a char maybe next league around it - a CI prismatic DP caster - that is, to add each type of damage to this skill - cold, fire, lightning and chaos of itself. After all this skill is so much fun and I love it.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Wanted to do a Blight Trickster, but at lvl 28 picked up dark pact to test what it's like. Well I'll build a Dark Pact Poison Trickster now. Will give some feedback later once I level up enough. Currently life on kill + DP is brutal for leveling.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info