Dark Pact

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Morphyne123 wrote:
If you did it with self cast, you would one shot yourself,[..]

Dark Pact leaves you with 1 Life, it cannot kill you.

What about the damage with ES?
You sacrifice zero Life, and it adds Damage based on Life sacrificed.
The skill is fantastic, fun and can be use in different ways.

But the SELF DAMAGE is too large.
I did 2 chars:

Wich
https://pastebin.com/kBnFcBQ2

Marauder
https://pastebin.com/T1DGSxTU

I can't survive.
When i use Spell echo, i lose 16% of my HP.
This is an END GAME skill.

The must be a way to REDUCE the self-damage. Because it is impossible to use it in low level, like righteous fire.

The single target is horrible.

SOme ways do leech is a curse (suck against bosses), life leech gem (using with my marauder and i need more leech), using 5 corrupt itens + unique jewel to leech from all sources for chaos damage and them, burn myself + Eye of Inocence.

Looks, it's downside is too big.

But... i can obliterate boss in one second... at T5 maps.

High maps is impossible to do.

My Fire Nova Mine, without defense, can clear faster and have more ways to survive than my Darck Pact characters.
I've been maining Dark Pact since level 28, Warlord's Mark and the occasional Flask has been sufficient to counter the self-damage. If you can't handle Echo, don't use Echo.
(also it'd be 12%)
Vaal pact claims another victim, fucking get rid of it already.

Dark pact is going to be balanced around zerker + vp since it's being allowed and in the game and the highest dps ceiling for the skill since it allows infinite cast speed scaling which all other classes can't do.

Chaos spells don't really have that much scaling to begin with, so being allowed cast speed to ramp up the damage is very significant in build design.

I was talking to a mate with a zerker dark pact, his dps was 21k/7.8k life "and he still had a lot more damage to push in the next few levels", comparing it with my non zerker non vaal pact character that legit has to counter-act the downside in end-game and sustain vs high tier bosses which has 7k dps and 7.6k life.

The disparity is beyond ridicules and the skill cannot be changed as long as "instant leech" is allowed with "sacrifice skills".

- add a "sacrifice" tag to the skill gem and future gems with mechanics like this
- disable instant leech from gems with a sacrifice tag
- balance them around the fact you can't instant leech your way out of the downside

I'm seriously disappointed by the fact none at GGG could see this coming from miles away and how this prohibits reasonable gem scaling.

It's fairly obvious this is going to be a zerker + vp or GTFO skill in therms of balance when it comes to end-game potential.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : to be clear, removing instant leech from the gem still keeps zerker as a relevant and atractive option for it's global leech/leech rate on savage hits and global more multiplier.

But at least other classes could compete with him by offering other benefits that are not completely
out-classed or overshadowed.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 11, 2017, 6:52:07 AM
"
Boem wrote:
Vaal pact claims another victim, fucking get rid of it already.

Dark pact is going to be balanced around zerker + vp

The problem is not with Zerk + VP + Dark Pact.

DIversity is very good.

The problem is the OCCULTIST, the "Chaos dmg ascendency" cannot use this skill.
Must have some way to build around it.
Uh yes Vaal Pact is very much the problem. Know how the Occultist can make use of Dark Pact? Just build Life and grab Vaal Pact. It'll be weaker than the Berserker, but it'll work. That's diversity for ya!
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 11, 2017, 12:04:18 PM
"
Aucuba057 wrote:
Question on the gem itself in general not character specific. Can it proc of shrine skeletons?
No, it cannot. Only your normal and vaal skellies are working with it.

Played with Darc Pact since I got it as a quest reward. Never changed it for anything. Level 81 Occultist here. Felt really strong at the start. Still clearing very fast Tier 7-8 maps using a 3-link Dark Pact + Controlled Destruction + Addded Chaos. Very fun and intreresting mechanic, really enjoying it and kinda scared it'll be nerfed to dust in the next patch.
My Gear
Last edited by Aprasas on Aug 11, 2017, 3:14:15 PM
"
Aprasas wrote:
"
Aucuba057 wrote:
Question on the gem itself in general not character specific. Can it proc of shrine skeletons?
No, it cannot. Only your normal and vaal skellies are working with it.

Played with Darc Pact since I got it as a quest reward. Never changed it for anything. Level 81 Occultist here. Felt really strong at the start. Still clearing very fast Tier 7-8 maps using a 3-link Dark Pact + Controlled Destruction + Addded Chaos. Very fun and intreresting mechanic, really enjoying it and kinda scared it'll be nerfed to dust in the next patch.
My Gear

I use Dark Pact on a 6L.
I bought a carcass jack to test - the BIS for this skill.

But i cannot heal me against 1 enemy.

If i pop up a lot flask, i can survive. But it is not eays.

The boss life? I can kill him in 4 seconds. Ridiculous....
Tooltip / char sheet dps for Dark Pact totems is completely useless. It doesn't show the damage added from totem life, which is half your damage or more. Plus, the char sheet doesn't show the cast speed penalty from Spell Totem Support, so the tooltip is showing you an incomplete damage calculation multiplied by a false cast rate. Awesome!

My DP Totem guy has around twice as much dps according to Path of Building than the tooltip shows.
IGN EntropicThunder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info