The Chaos and Order Mystery Box

"
Drakaris wrote:
So far, so bad...

2-3k points, not paying attention to the actual numbers... The result:

Full white set (like twice already), yay! (no wings ofc)

Full Chaos set of... gazillion chaos boots! (and nothing else...)

Enough pigeons and ravens to cover all the messages in the entire Seven Kingdoms + Essos...

Can decorate a dozen hideouts full of bones, eyes and eggs...

Have enough light swarms to light up Wraeclast for the next 100 years.

Have so many swirling skulls that if I could equip them all, it will cause epileptic seizures.

My worse RNG ever since the time I was waiting for the damn dagger to drop from Ragnaros...

Feelsbadman. I bought only 4 boxes and got both wings.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
MIK0 wrote:
The turn down is the fact than single armor pieces are rarely on sales and way later than the full set armor, making the reward of this boxes a little unconvenient.

Except for when the contents of the mystery boxes are put in the store for the first time, individual armor pieces are never on sale. They put them on sale when they first enter the store so that people that did not get complete sets via the boxes can complete those sets at the discounted rate.

One should expect the individual armor pieces to go on sale sometime in the future after the end of the mystery box sales, so that they complete the sets. However, is usually the complete sets that go on sale, leaving the one that purchased the mystery box with an incomplete set or having to purchase the whole set and having duplicates.
I purchased mystery boxes in the past and waited for the single pieces to go on sale but is always the full set that goes on sale first. That does not encourage investing in mystery boxes.
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
Feelsbadman. I bought only 4 boxes and got both wings.

Nah, no worries, you're only the 5th person that told me he bought 4-5 boxes and got all the good stuff (not even kidding). For example I just got another 4 boxes with 3 consecutive black ravens. I should really open a raven message delivery business in the Seven Kingdoms, I'll be richer than the Lannister's, I would probably win the Iron Throne, I have so many birds, they'll eat Drogon... If GGG allow us to summon all of our pets at the same time, my character will be like Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds". I believe I have been cursed with the "coder's curse". Somewhere in my profile GGG have hard coded:

if (user=='Drakaris') {
spam = "ravens and pigeons and hideout decorations for all eternity";
}
Last edited by Drakaris on Aug 8, 2017, 3:28:54 AM
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
MIK0 wrote:
The turn down is the fact than single armor pieces are rarely on sales and way later than the full set armor, making the reward of this boxes a little unconvenient.

Except for when the contents of the mystery boxes are put in the store for the first time, individual armor pieces are never on sale. They put them on sale when they first enter the store so that people that did not get complete sets via the boxes can complete those sets at the discounted rate.

So i'll be able to buy the arcane lightning pieces that i didn't get in the previous box for a better price than buying the whole set on sale?
Optimus Prime: Jazz, organize a battle unit. We're going after them.
Jazz: Prowl. Trailbreaker. Wheeljack. Ironhide. Mirage. Sunstreaker. Sideswipe. Autobots, start your engines!
Optimus Prime: Let's roll!
"
TigerJazz wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
MIK0 wrote:

So i'll be able to buy the arcane lightning pieces that i didn't get in the previous box for a better price than buying the whole set on sale?

What they've done is price each piece as if you were buying the whole set at the discounted price.

So for example, the Stormcaller armor is on sale right now like this.

The set will always be 420 GGGold, but right now you can get the pieces individually for 100 (helm), 60 (gloves), 60 (boots), and 200 (body). This is why there's no "You save X!" showing on the Stormcaller set.

Compare that to the Deicide set which is also 420 GGGold. The helm is 130, the gloves and boots are 80 each, and the body is 250. The Deicide set says "You save 120".

Eventually, the Stormcaller set will look like the Deicide set for pricing, so if you have part and want to finish it, now is the time to do so.

Once the Chaos and Order box contents are in the store, those armor sets in there will do the same thing.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
MIK0 wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
MIK0 wrote:

One should expect the individual armor pieces to go on sale sometime in the future after the end of the mystery box sales, so that they complete the sets. However, is usually the complete sets that go on sale, leaving the one that purchased the mystery box with an incomplete set or having to purchase the whole set and having duplicates.
I purchased mystery boxes in the past and waited for the single pieces to go on sale but is always the full set that goes on sale first. That does not encourage investing in mystery boxes.

See the post above this one for exactly how GGG does this, because it's happening right now live. It very much does let people who gambled but didn't get the full do complete their sets.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
70 boxes

Pulled alot of crap in the first 75% but ended up getting a wave of luck in the last 10 boxes scoring me both wings and chaos armor.

The only ones I didn't pull:
Ultimate Chaos Cloak
Pure Light Character Effect
Ivory Arc of Courage
Ultimate Chaos Weapon Effect
Pure Light Weapon Effect
Ultimate Chaos Portal
Pure Light Portal

2100 spent. Not amazing but at least RNG didn't own me today.
Where is that damn Harbinger supporter pack :/
"
MYLOkai wrote:
70 boxes

Pulled alot of crap in the first 75% but ended up getting a wave of luck in the last 10 boxes scoring me both wings and chaos armor.

The only ones I didn't pull:
Ultimate Chaos Cloak
Pure Light Character Effect
Ivory Arc of Courage
Ultimate Chaos Weapon Effect
Pure Light Weapon Effect
Ultimate Chaos Portal
Pure Light Portal

2100 spent. Not amazing but at least RNG didn't own me today.

damn for that $ i thought u would atleast get both portals!
i opened 5 boxes and got the light wings, helmet, boots and the light and dark swarm pet.
I dont want to have it all. I just want to have enough.
"
Smokinggamer wrote:

damn for that $ i thought u would atleast get both portals!
i opened 5 boxes and got the light wings, helmet, boots and the light and dark swarm pet.

Honestly, I'll take what I can get. Looking through this thread, I'd say I did ok. Some people have spent 2-3k points and didn't get the wings.

Besides, I don't really care about the portals haha. I have some bitchin portals already :)
Last edited by MYLOkai on Aug 9, 2017, 2:09:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info