[3.0] | Colwyn's AXE GANG | 350K Crit Sunder |

[[3.0] | Colwyn's AXE GANG | 350K Crit Sunder |

I am not a fan of Resolute technique , I am a big fan of crit , Scion give us all the tools we need for crit sunder!

Join the AXE GANG TOADY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd5odO4dSek
(no power\frenzy at the start when i show shitty varunastra for example weapon)

*as always if there is any interest in the build i will update it, no interest no updates*

[Required Items:]
Spoiler
1) Between all available gear you need 450-620 accuracy.
At 450 You should be at 89% chance to hit , at 525 90% and at 618 I am at 91% chance to hit.
Best place to get this accuracy is , neck, helm , rings, gloves.

You can alternately ignore accuracy and use:

This is fine initially but its not hard to get the required accuracy. Any viable endgame shield will plug into this build and there are options i would prefer to use to this.

2) A one hand Mace or Axe with high pDPS.
If budget allows , crit on the weapon would be desirable , if not then just go for the most physical damage you can get. If you can aim to get something close or over 300 pDPS with at least attack speed on it you are in good shape.

note: I go into a little more detail below , but leveling just any 1-2hand with phys damage , many unique physical weapons are available at all leavels

3) 1 jewel with 0.25 or more mana leech

You can actually get this on tree for 1 point with no extra travel, but its generally easy to find a jewel like this so get it on the tree until you get the jewel but I still consider it mandatory to have the mana leech on gear or jewels to save the point.

[????? Why Scion]
Spoiler
Because scion is good

Initially we take Slayer for leech on full life , this is amazing quality of life for us and also helps us in content like the lab and staying on full life for "damage on full life support"

We also take Assassin , This provides us the boost to crit we need to actually be crit sunder.

Late game , IF you do get a pair of acuity you can choose to stay slayer or like me convert to gladiator for spell damage mitigation. Other subclasses have stuff to offer obviously also.

[Additional perks:]
40% crit multi on first hit
Power charges
Maim on crit
50% reflected physical damage taken
stun on first hit
45% increased damage to rares and uniques

Other ascendency combinations are available , Berserker etc, I would say for 90% of people assassin and slayer will serve us the best.

[DPS]
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/5J0zGZ6P
High pDPS wepon with crit (power charges / frenzy on left, with flasks on right)

Varunastra as an example of a more typical dps rare (charges only on left, flasks on right)

Links
Spoiler
SUNDER > MULTISTRIKE > CONC EFFECT > MELEE PHYSICAL > INCREASED CRITICAL STRIKES > DAMAGE ON FULL LIFE
Crit chance or damage on full life is the 6th link ,depends on gear but prob crit chance

BOR
SUNDER > DAMAGE ON FULL LIFE > CONC EFFECT > MULTISTRIKE
bor sim's very very close to 6l dps you also get charges and block chance , not played it but i know others have and highly recommend

shield charge > faster attacks > fortify
Arctic Armour > Hatred > herald of ash > enlighten level 4
It is possible using jewels and some investment to run this on enlighten 3 but to make things easy just run no arctic armour and level enlightens until you get a level 4

CWDT 1 > assassin mark 5 (poachers if low accuracy, or whatever you want) > inc duration > vaal grace \ Haste
(vuln shows more dps on paper but if we were to run out of power charges and or diamond flask duration we will still get the increased crit chance from the curse, I think in the real world ass mark is the best, run whatever course you want though)

CWDT 9 > Lightning golem 11 (or other)> Tempest shield 12
CWDT 9 > immortal call > blood rage (unlinked portal gem)

Bandits
Spoiler
Points (going crit takes investment in accuracy, we need the points)

GEAR:
Spoiler
Gear is really pretty easy, whatever the best weapon you can afford is fine then just all the life and resists you can get. This is keeping in mind you have to hit at the minimum 400 accuracy on gear.

Weapon: you want a 300+ physical dps weapon and it should have crit on it!
The budget weapon is Callinellus Malleus (i have used this into early yellow maps)
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Callinellus_Malleus

Ideal weapons will look like this but have lower damage values , but for example:

Leveling weapons :
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_axes
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_maces
Whatever you find or cheap uniques should be fine until 50 , start looking for any rare or a good Callinellus then.

Rings:
Early game , diamond rings with some accuracy on at least one of them and life \ res
Late game , steel rings with accuracy \ life \ res

Shield:
Early game , Rare shield with life and resistances (Chernobog's Pillar\Lioneye's Remorse are unique options)
Late game: The Anticipation > The Surrender

this build is intended to use surrender, any end game viable shield will plug into this build , its a versatile melee build you could change basically anything including the shield

If you don't want to go the accuracy route you can use this , i recommend you always try and buy helm and gloves with accuracy and when you have enough stop using this shield.

EDIT: There was a couple questions about gear , on page 3 with some more fundamental information

Flasks
Im honestly only using sins because i have one , lions roar is more tooltip and a hell of a lot cheaper , I recommend lions roar in place of sins rebirth

With a Rumi , the duration we have on the tree and possibly some item investment into block i would play this in hc for sure, didn't die to reflect once in the 2 week. We do still roll over reflect maps unless you want to have a pure phys setup and ele conversion setup.

Belt
If you can cover the resistances ,Belt of the Deceiver or Meginord's Girdle are very good options, I choose to wear a rare to cover my resistances. If you do get a rare belt , life resist as normals and flask duration if one comes up.

Gloves:
Rare with life , resists and accuracy, If you decide you have to many ex get Acuity. This build was not made to use acuity but it does have some synergy with the build that RT melee can't take advantage of. Rare gloves actually makes it much easier to go the accuracy route because good helm\gloves with accuracy should be at most 10c , generally more like 3-4 because no one values accuracy.

All other slots are just rares with life and resist and accuracy or physical damage if possible

Jewels
(as mentioned 1 jewel with phys damage leeched as mana , or 2 but you should be fine with 1)
crit chance
crit multi
mele damage
damage\faster att with shield
damage\faster att with 1 handed weapons

Enchant:
Boot enchantment: mana and life leech is recommended (merc version perfectly fine), or crit % if you have not crit recently (we have more multi on first hit , so making sure we crit on first hit helps with clear speed)

My Gear
Spoiler
I make builds so i have a rather nice testing set, all you really need to focus on is accuracy > res (untill capped) > life as much as possible

HC GEARstill gearing

Leveling
Spoiler
Slowly adding a leveling section , doing a character in HC , taking it slow because i have some real life stuff to do this week (house renovation yay)

1-20
split arrow + onslaught
make sure you pick up frost blades and sunder and have them leveling

20-40 or 20-50
frost blades & whatever supports you have the colours for
faster attacks , melee damage , fortify, melee damage on full life, pretty much anything

my characters gear at 40:

At around 40-50 convert to sunder you can convert earlier but multistrike and concentrated effect make sunder much better.

HC NOTE: Consider leveling as ancestral warchief , especially if its early league , with a 4 link and about 15 skillpoints you can level as that and just remove those points at some point later.

Early mapping gear:
This was fine enough for low to mid tier maps , playing in hc i decided to just keep using this while i farmed and put together a new set of gear maybe 45c invested max.

*at this point i should have been using something like soul taker , at that point they were like 100c they are pretty cheap now, just slap on one and run 0 mana with arctic armour* (do keep checking for rares but for 30-60c soul taker will take you into red maps fine!)

Current gear in hc
Currently still to 6l a rare , and just waiting till then to upgrade to final gear set.

(this section is WIP)

Ascendency
Spoiler
I recommend slayer > assassin > then when you do uber path out slayer to the duelist start (this lets you remove 5 points from the tree)
Doing this order means that there is no huge rush for uber you have the important stuff.
I have seen a couple builds running slayer\berserker or assassin\berserker , its an option but not currently part of the build , if you know what you are doing feel free to play around with that.

Pantheon
Spoiler
Whatever you like , I like Soul of lunaris for major and soul of tukohama for minor currently

Tree
77 TREE

87 TREE

97 TREE

If you plan to take vaal pact it is close to scion start , 5 points away , you will need to modify the tree slightly and go out the top earlier

Here is my recommended playlist to listen too while leveling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buwvInbxxdE&index=2&list=PLF36693223D08B642
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Sep 2, 2017, 1:30:54 PM
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2017, 10:44:41 AM
I am going to try this build. Looks promising.

Thanks for making it.

Edit: Been going strong. Here is my current gear for the build... I did make a few changes to gems for my preference.

Spoiler
Last edited by MachineX1 on Sep 1, 2017, 1:58:10 PM
Good stuff, going to try.

Thx!
Nice build, going to try it myself.
Last edited by ocemo on Aug 6, 2017, 10:46:11 AM
Was looking for a fun Scion build. Looks great, thanks for posting it
This build looks awesome, is it a good league starter for first time builds?
"
Rockdsoul wrote:

This is fine for a league starter , its has no required uniques and is great at the lab

What is good about this as a league starter is it is flexible , when you start off you wont have the accuracy to be crit so just don't go crit but late game it has what is needed to do more damage than any RT sunder build.

You may have to use RT while you level and then when you have enough accuracy go crit.

There has been enough interest i am adding a short leveling section, still wip while i level the character slowly
Last edited by colwyn on Aug 7, 2017, 6:11:56 PM
"
colwyn wrote:
"
Rockdsoul wrote:

This is fine for a league starter , its has no required uniques and is great at the lab

You may have to use RT while you level and then when you have enough accuracy go crit.

There has been enough interest i am adding a short leveling section, still wip while i level the character slowly

Ahh gotcha, thank you very much for the response! I will use RT to level, you are very awesome sir and awesome pic for the build btw
would soul taker axe be good for this build :o ?
"
ellaluna wrote:
would soul taker axe be good for this build :o ?

Good roll soultaker is 340ish dps , sure it would work , you could run haste and hatred.

I recommend people look for a weapon that has crit on it but it is fine to run any weapon with no crit on it. Right now in the league there just is not a heap of axes or maces with crit on them available.

In town (no power charges) my character has almost 45% crit wearing a white weapon , and im not wearing diamond rings or anything (same gear as in gear section.) so honestly no crit on the weapon is fine

If available , high pdps with crit, if not available then just high pdps

Last edited by colwyn on Aug 9, 2017, 3:57:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info