[3.3] Whispering Ice CI Quad Icestorm Totems

"
dobri11111 wrote:
Might i suggest Cyclopian coil for you build ?

Yes! This is definitely BIS now. Guide has been updated.

"
dobri11111 wrote:
That coil works better with LL, so you can get shavs, and switch to LL and get couple more auras and take the more spell damage talent.

When I equipped the belt in PoB I was surprised to see that my ES didn't even drop that much - only about 350ES which considering the 1k damage per hit increase is well worth it.
Not sure if LL is really worth it for me because I would lose about 1/3 of my ES. The extra damage I would gain is tempting though.

"
dobri11111 wrote:
Also sin trek would be cheaper substitute for your boots.

Sin trek is indeed a great alternative for lower budgets.
Playing this right now in 3.3 HCI. One suggestion in tree: Drop all nodes starting from int node near potency of will all the way to the jewel socket where you have Brute force solution. You're only gaining 74 intelligence for 7 points - essentially just travel nodes. Instead, spec into Physique and Might, and grab both jewel sockets on top to convert with 2 brute force solutions. It's 8 points, 1 point more, but, you gain +108 intelligence, along with 8% max mana and 8% ele damage. Lose 40% mana regen, but thats fairly pointless considering sanctuary of thought, and 1% life regen - really doesn't do anything for this build as it's not really regen focued. 34 More Int and some mana and ele damage for 1 extra point. Worth it.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
"
Aevykin wrote:
Drop all nodes starting from int node near potency of will all the way to the jewel socket where you have Brute force solution...Instead, spec into Physique and Might, and grab both jewel sockets on top to convert with 2 brute force solutions. It's 8 points, 1 point more, but, you gain +108 intelligence, along with 8% max mana and 8% ele damage.

Yes definitely worth it. Will change the tree soon. Nice to see the build isn't completely dead :D
any updated 3.3 POB link ?
"
mopzi wrote:
any updated 3.3 POB link ?

Nothing changed for this build since 3.2. I updated the links last night to include the improvement which Aevykin mentioned. The only difference between 3.2 and 3.3 is that Celestial Judgement is more efficient than before and is worth getting if you have the points.
Coming back to PoE after a break and really happy to see this build still working.

I was using Ball Lightning to apply Curses but I switched over to Orb of Storms set up now in the OP. It's going to take some getting used to.

I've changed my set up a little in comparison:
Chest - 5L/6S has Stone Golem in the unlinked.
Gloves/Boots - Frost Bomb - Increased Duration - Vaal Discipline - Vaal Haste

I'm using Vaal Haste atm to help make mapping smoother, but I may change that to Vaal Grace for another layer of protection in panic situations.

I guess I just don't see the point on making the Golem tankier. It doesn't go down insanely fast, and it's quick to summon another. I'd rather have more utility.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info