[3.0] Charged Dash Trickster

Since I got a reply from Chalk_Circles saying that trickster makes charged dash have 0 mana cost, I assume it's true and I made a charged dash build. It's just a concept at this point, basically and would much appreciate help with it

Poebuilder
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/07gEU77Q

EDIT: updated with Tortunga's changes and suggestions.
170k dps with dual hyaon's, starkonja's and placeholder ring+amu (that are supposed to simulate 2 rings, amu and belt stats).

Last edited by Idioticus on Aug 4, 2017, 10:28:22 AM
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2017, 8:23:17 PM
yes
bump cos I changed the thread, basically.
I made some changes to your tree; https://pastebin.com/ELjzF9KR

I changed:

I dropped resolute technique. 9 points for just that and a socket isn't worth it really. I invested those 9 points in the ranger area giving 17% attack speed, 46% increase accuracy rating and a socket. The last part together with some accuracy/dexterity on gear, should bring you pretty close to 100% hit change as well.

I dropped the Melding Wheel as well. 15% life for 4 points is just not worth it. I used the 4 points from Melding Wheel to pick up, the health + evasion nodes at the ranger start area, giving you 17% health and 44% evasion rating for 4 points. (which are available to you after part 1).

I changed the pathing to the top part of your tree; Removed the 3 intellect nodes leading to Melding wheel (which i dropped in part 2), and used 3 points to go through the Coldhearted Calculation and connecting to the Writtin in blood wheel. This gives you 30 intellect + 12% attack damage and 8% elemental damage for 3 points.

Everything together gives you slightly more health, a bit more evasion, and as long as you get some accuracy and extra dexterity on gear, some damage increase aswell (I added a Ring and neck with accuracy rating to highlight this).

--------------

Some further changes.

I would chose Kraityn for bandid reward over 2 extra passive points; You get 6% attack speed and movement speed, and 3% dodge. Pretty good stats for a Charged Dasher build, who takes acrobat.

I would personally always pick up phase acrobatics, if you are going the acrobatic route. For 4 points you get 10% dodge and 30% spell dodge. Especially as a trickster as you get 5% dodge/spell dodge from your ascendancy. Together with Kraityn you will have 48% dodge and 35% spell dodge.

I'm not sure going to the Sion health wheel is worth it at all. Maybe you could put all the points you spend getting to there, in going to the Witch or Duelist area. I don't know if it will provide better stats, but it's at least something you can think about.

And I would change your innervate support. You are doing a ton of small hits and as you didn't invest in shock at all, you will most likely only be able to shock normal mobs, where you really don't need it (as you most likely kill them in a second anyway). You could change it to attack speed support, or just completely remove the change to shock and pick up elemental focus support. If you chose the latter one, switch the two weapon element nodes at the right lowest corner of your tree, for the other two in the same wheel. Gives you 4% more elemental damage. Elemental focus adds 30k dps on it's own.

And lastly I would add some form of single target damage. Charged dash doesn't seem very good for single target damage.

Good luck with it!

Last edited by Tortunga on Aug 4, 2017, 5:21:08 AM
"
Tortunga wrote:
I made some changes to your tree; https://pastebin.com/ELjzF9KR

I changed:

I dropped resolute technique. 9 points for just that and a socket isn't worth it really. I invested those 9 points in the ranger area giving 17% attack speed, 46% increase accuracy rating and a socket. The last part together with some accuracy/dexterity on gear, should bring you pretty close to 100% hit change as well.

I dropped the Melding Wheel as well. 15% life for 4 points is just not worth it. I used the 4 points from Melding Wheel to pick up, the health + evasion nodes at the ranger start area, giving you 17% health and 44% evasion rating for 4 points. (which are available to you after part 1).

I changed the pathing to the top part of your tree; Removed the 3 intellect nodes leading to Melding wheel (which i dropped in part 2), and used 3 points to go through the Coldhearted Calculation and connecting to the Writtin in blood wheel. This gives you 30 intellect + 12% attack damage and 8% elemental damage for 3 points.

Everything together gives you slightly more health, a bit more evasion, and as long as you get some accuracy and extra dexterity on gear, some damage increase aswell (I added a Ring and neck with accuracy rating to highlight this).

--------------

Some further changes.

I would chose Kraityn for bandid reward over 2 extra passive points; You get 6% attack speed and movement speed, and 3% dodge. Pretty good stats for a Charged Dasher build, who takes acrobat.

I would personally always pick up phase acrobatics, if you are going the acrobatic route. For 4 points you get 10% dodge and 30% spell dodge. Especially as a trickster as you get 5% dodge/spell dodge from your ascendancy. Together with Kraityn you will have 48% dodge and 35% spell dodge.

I'm not sure going to the Sion health wheel is worth it at all. Maybe you could put all the points you spend getting to there, in going to the Witch or Duelist area. I don't know if it will provide better stats, but it's at least something you can think about.

And I would change your innervate support. You are doing a ton of small hits and as you didn't invest in shock at all, you will most likely only be able to shock normal mobs, where you really don't need it (as you most likely kill them in a second anyway). You could change it to attack speed support, or just completely remove the change to shock and pick up elemental focus support. If you chose the latter one, switch the two weapon element nodes at the right lowest corner of your tree, for the other two in the same wheel. Gives you 4% more elemental damage. Elemental focus adds 30k dps on it's own.

And lastly I would add some form of single target damage. Charged dash doesn't seem very good for single target damage.

Good luck with it!

I went for the witch area for the ele overload, so I have some use for not going resolute tech and having power charges from swift killer. I also removed the aura nodes and just went for 2 auras for a full 100% reserved cos I don't need to have mana (hopefully) as trickster.
Thank you very much for your input.
Last edited by Idioticus on Aug 4, 2017, 10:35:48 AM
While the tooltip/Path of Building tree will show that your damage increases while dual wielding it really doesn't because you just trade off which hand you use from dash to dash meaning it's the same as just having one.

Similarly the only way that you benefit from attack speed is if your attacks overlap (with most of them overlapping at about 30 units) Here's a graph showing what your build looks like: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/cmnwc3vaky just plug in 14 for Move speed, 4.55 for attacks, and 18 for area.

i.e: your current build

At 30 units you have lost your first two, but at 18 units you can get off all 5 hits. So you have an average hit of 20960.1 x 5 if you have perfect aim and 20960.1 * 4 for good aim and 20960.1 *2 at the end of your dash (basically if you use your ghost to aim). So, it takes you 1.24 seconds to cast this spell once. So your PERFECT DPS, requiring you to hit your target within a single unit is 84,516. Your realistic DPS is about 59,161 (the average between 4 and 3 hits). Your minimum DPS at the edge of your attack is 33,806.

i.e: using The Great Old One's Ward (I just picked decent a shield with attack speed)

Your perfect and realistic DPS actually meet in the middle if you use a shield again, so this is easier to do reliably. The space where the most attacks overlap is about halfway through and there's a good margin for error. So the Realistic DPS is 64,750. Your DPS floor also moves up from ~34k to 51,799 DPS. You also improve your survivability by a TON by using a shield. You take 7% more damage per Hyaon's you use so by dropping one you take 7% less damage and increase your block chance from 11% to 19% giving you another decent boost. With the Great Old One's Ward you also give yourself about a 2% increased evade chance against high level enemies (Red Tier and above).

TL;DR: The DPS calculator on PoB is wrong on this skill. With perfect aiming your DPS with this skill is 84,516, but it has to be within one unit. If you substitute the Great Old One's Ward you gain about 4 units of leeway on your aim but decrease your dps to 64,750. Further you increase you damage floor by ~20k. Most importantly you gain 7% less damage taken, 8% block, and 2% evasion chance

The Moral of the Story:
I've been doing math constantly since the skill gem data released and honestly I'm at a total loss of how to build this. There's a large confounding variable of your personal ability to aim, as well as how fast your enemies are moving. In order to do the maximum amount of damage you need to let your echo move to the max distance and strike when the bulk of your enemies are at a specific range from you (18 units in the build you posted, 26-30 units with the shield rather than the second sword) Either way I don't know how realistic that is to hit. I can't watch myself and others play the build and measure the units as far as I know. Nor do I know how to calculate for the various movement speeds of enemies.

Something worth playing around with is slowing your enemies some how. If you can keep them in the perfect spot and give yourself a moment or two to get it just right you can easily get 50% more damage out of this attack.

EDIT: Interesting to note that if you take all the possibilities for both your build and my suggestion yours does average higher (if you just imagine a perfectly random spot for the enemies to be in everytime--which does seem really unlikely to ever happen). Also the more Area of Effect you have the more space you have to get that perfect strike. It would be really interesting if it was better to use more area rather than less area from the multiple hits damage rather than the more multiplier from concentrated effect. Alas, I need to sleep so I'll have to try to do that math tomorrow
Last edited by SJW_Princess on Aug 6, 2017, 5:05:12 AM
"
While the tooltip/Path of Building tree will show that your damage increases while dual wielding it really doesn't because you just trade off which hand you use from dash to dash meaning it's the same as just having one.

You forget the fact that dual wielding gives 15% more attack speed passively
True, but 15% attack speed just isn't great. Especially because your second weapon is just liability in the case of the Hyaon. You could get more attack speed elsewhere and get some defense via a shield. You can even get good stats. Like that new shield that gives %damage to channeled skills. So your dual wield options are: Stat stick off-hand, great unless you attack a second time and do low damage; find a good offhand, but you'll always do less damage unless... unleeeesssss. You go for the new sword that casts a spell and gives you arcane surge every 4 seconds. Which is cool if you have hubris circlet
Last edited by SJW_Princess on Aug 9, 2017, 8:19:40 PM
"
SJW_Princess wrote:
True, but 15% attack speed just isn't great. Especially because your second weapon is just liability in the case of the Hyaon. You could get more attack speed elsewhere and get some defense via a shield. You can even get good stats. Like that new shield that gives %damage to channeled skills. So your dual wield options are: Stat stick off-hand, great unless you attack a second time and do low damage; find a good offhand, but you'll always do less damage unless... unleeeesssss. You go for the new sword that casts a spell and gives you arcane surge every 4 seconds. Which is cool if you have hubris circlet

Consider using Unshattered Will. Gives up to 80 life and 70% increased damage to channeled skills.
hey guys, what about Bronne's Lithe? It gives +2 for movement skill gems, 35-50% increased damage and 15% attack speed.
sorry for my bed england

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info