[3.0] 10 Auras, LL AW/SRS Necromancer [Budget Friendly!]

What is the main idea behind using cast while channeling with scorching ray? As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to add much damage and mostly just exists to use 2 gem sockets to auto-cast animate weapon. Unless I'm entirely missing out on something.
"
Wckdneer wrote:
What is the main idea behind using cast while channeling with scorching ray? As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to add much damage and mostly just exists to use 2 gem sockets to auto-cast animate weapon. Unless I'm entirely missing out on something.

Because of the way Animate Weapon works makes it super clunky to cast manually. People either use CWC or Spell Totem, I personally prefer the CWC version. Both deal about the same amount of damage.
Is this hhc viable or are life builds going to be better?
"
NecropK wrote:
Is this hhc viable or are life builds going to be better?

No, Coruscating Elixir builds aren't HC viable.
This build was working really well for me until I hit about tier 10 maps. Now I find that my animate weapons all expire before I can kill the boss, and I'm left with panicking to throw out enough SRS in order to finish it.

That, combined with the fragility of having low life, results in me dying alot to chaos damage bosses once I use up the coruscating elixir charges and my AW's all expire.
"
This build was working really well for me until I hit about tier 10 maps. Now I find that my animate weapons all expire before I can kill the boss, and I'm left with panicking to throw out enough SRS in order to finish it.

That, combined with the fragility of having low life, results in me dying alot to chaos damage bosses once I use up the coruscating elixir charges and my AW's all expire.

That's weird, I never had an issue with my Animate Weapons expiring before being able to kill the boss. Make sure you're running well rolled maps, as that's kind of key in 3.0 with Animate Weapon. Make sure to pick up the duration nodes, the Animate Weapon enchant that gives you a 24% chance to get a 2nd AW copy when you cast AW. Jorrhast's Blacksteel is also good for keeping up a large amount of AW, it's almost impossible to not have 50 weapons with it.

Try to grab a Faminebind or The Retch belt to help with the flask duration, I'd highly recommend it befoore going in to high level maps. Running a second Coruscating Elixir also isn't a bad option, even with the belt, as it will maake keeping 100% up-time easier and makes it the build more forgiving with messing up the timing of the flask etc.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try what you suggested.

I love the build even though I do die sometimes :)
hey, nice guide, looking forward on how the build progresses :)
i just wish the lvling guide would be a bit more detailed for how to pass content from 40-70)
and a quick question:

in other srs builds i see melee phyiscal and minion speed gem used in srs setup a lot. is there a special reason for your 6 link or is it some kind of personal preference?

*edit: and also what are the ascendency points going into? i figured i should go for commander of darkness in normal, what else are we going to take?
Last edited by doChl on Sep 16, 2017, 5:07:11 PM
Budget Friendly?

Sir, I do believe you don't know the meaning of those words.
can u add a section on what flasks to use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info