Path of Exile 3.0.0: The Fall of Oriath Patch Notes

"" The Cruel and Merciless resistance penalties have been moved to the completion of Act 5 and the completion of Act 10 respectively. Once either act has been completed, these penalties affect your character in all game areas. ""

Then i won't finish A10
Looks good! Can't wait for the new Passive Tree to be up!
Thank you for the patch notes!!

Did I read it correctly that there is now only one bandit reward, but it only gives 2 skillpoints in total instead of 3?

Summoning only one skeleton at a time makes the entire skill useless. Please make either skeletons permanent(like zombies) or allow us to summon two skeletons at a time. As a summoner I always use skeletons as a defense.

Sadly it seems the CI changes are still as mentioned in the manifesto. This saddens me as this CI nerf hurts the regular non meta CI builds the most. The builds that already had relatively low ES will now have even lower. To me this feels like it hurts build diversity alot.

I am also sad to read there are no ice nova and flame dash buffs, especially with the dodge boss attacks challenge.

Despite all this, I will still make a CI summoner(maybe switch to life) in the new expansion(and probably an ice nova CI).
Last edited by sarannah101 on Aug 2, 2017, 2:58:39 AM
"
EzBreesy wrote:
"" The Cruel and Merciless resistance penalties have been moved to the completion of Act 5 and the completion of Act 10 respectively. Once either act has been completed, these penalties affect your character in all game areas. ""

Then i won't finish A10

I would assume, that you won't be able to access maps without completing Act 10.
So they give Japan a gateway but still nothing for the whole continent of Africa. :(
To much sadness reading the patch notes. I am hopefully one of the few that feels this way but I will not even try 3.0. When you start to associate a company with anger, disappointment and sadness it is time to get out.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile 3.0.0 - The Fall of Oriath

Traps and Mines are now invulnerable while they are arming and invulnerable while they are casting their skill. This means a trap thrown directly onto a monster who will detonate it cannot be destroyed before it detonates.

The step in the right direction.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Aug 2, 2017, 3:00:38 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Vaal Lightning Trap: Shocking ground now increases damage taken by 15%.

lol, who the hell will ever use that
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile 3.0.0 - The Fall of Oriath
Kinetic Blast can no longer deal explosion damage to the target it hit with its initial projectiles.

Can someone please explain what this means? Are you saying the subsequent 4 explosions no longer damage the lone target or that the initial projectile (not tagged with aoe) no longer hits the lone target?

Each time a Kinetic Blast projectile hits a target, it spawns a series of explosions. That series of explosions cannot hit that same target, since it already took damage from the projectile hit. Other explosions, caused either by other projectiles, or by the same projectile hitting something else (chain, pierce, etc) can still hit that target.

EDIT: To expand more, this changes very little for existing content. The minimum spread on the explosions meant they could only hit the target that triggered them with extreme values of AoE, on large targets.
Fall of Oriath introduces several bosses that are much larger than the previous maximum object size of the game, making this necessary to prevent KB always hitting them with the projectile and every explosion.

I believe I understand it now. However, I have to say, changing the mechanics of the only usable wand exclusive build to fit the content of a pre-map act boss that is experienced for about 1-2 hours of a player's entire play time versus the dozens, hundreds, thousands of hours they will spend with the skill once they reach the map section of the game is extremely questionable.

Surely there is a more elegant way to make KB less lethal versus a single encounter pre end game content boss than to change the underlying mechanics of the skill completely. It is not so much the magnitude of the nerf which remains to be seen and tested but the principle of design being used here.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 2, 2017, 3:23:29 AM
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Thank you for the patch notes!!

Did I read it correctly that there is now only one bandit reward, but it only gives 2 skillpoints in total instead of 3?

The new bandit rewards feels like a mixture of normal and cruel bandit rewards. The only big loss are the merciless bandit rewards.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info