[3.5] For Scion - Dual Curse Crit. Based Blade Vortex as Elementalist + Assassin (SSF Viable)

"
xaeror35 wrote:
I am RIPing on bosses almost always. I can clear t10 maps easy but bosses t6 and up can nuke me pretty badly. It is bad enough that I skip bosses almost always or risk losing significant XP.

LVL 83

My Gear:

Spoiler

Your rings need to be replaced. Get good rare rings with high life roll and good resistance.

You can consider running a 5L Carcass Jack as it provides more AOE.

Weapon wise, consider switching to something similar to what I am using:

Your amulet needs to be replaced too as it does not have any life roll on it. This is what I am using:

You don't have to get exactly the same but a good life roll with high crit multiplier is essential.

The life roll on your belt is rather low too. You will want to replace that too.

Gems setup on your chest, you will want to change to this:

Add above gem if you have 6L.

Also, I am running a Decoy totem which helps grealy against boss fights.

Auras that you want to run will be Hatred and Warlord's Mark (on Blasphemy). Because this is a crit based build, you will freeze and shock mobs a lot so that they don't even attack you back when you run through them.

You can consider running the same flask setup as me:

You want 50% instant life and anti-bleed on your life flask, anti-freeze on your quicksilver, and anti-curse on your diamond flask. Increased duration on quicksilver and diamond flask will be a big bonus.

My current gears and gems setup in each slot for your reference (you can consider copying them):
Spoiler

NOTE: The only gem that I am using in the build is the Decoy totem in the shield setup. The other 2 gems are just for leveling. You can replace them with Minion and Totem Resistance gem and Vaal Lightning Trap.

Also, I am using a Rare chest because I do not yet have a 6L Carcass Jack in SSF league.
Last edited by kira1414 on Sep 16, 2017, 9:02:24 PM
My gear is not great, but this build brought me the furthest in POE than I have ever been
I'm currently having a blast playing this build, but I'm level 83 with only 4.5k life. How can I scale my life higher? Some of my life rolls are low but I don't think I can squeeze another 1k life from upgrades.
Spoiler
"
domelious wrote:
I'm currently having a blast playing this build, but I'm level 83 with only 4.5k life. How can I scale my life higher? Some of my life rolls are low but I don't think I can squeeze another 1k life from upgrades.
Spoiler

You are using Bisco so that slot alone will boost the life pool quite decently.

Instead of Hrimburn gloves, Acuity is probably the BIS gloves for the build:

The gloves allow you to drop Vaal Pact while retaining instant leech, and you get life and crit chance from it too.
Where do I go from here? 6 link is probably not gonna happen, so what else can I do to improve this build?

"
xaeror35 wrote:
Where do I go from here? 6 link is probably not gonna happen, so what else can I do to improve this build?

Spoiler

You can consider getting rare daggers and energy shield similar to what I am using. They provide more damage and more toughness too.

Crafting Opal rings with essence will help your damage too.

Switching to Carcass Jack will help too.

Blade Vortex helm enchant will also be good.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
xaeror35 wrote:
I am RIPing on bosses almost always. I can clear t10 maps easy but bosses t6 and up can nuke me pretty badly. It is bad enough that I skip bosses almost always or risk losing significant XP.

LVL 83

My Gear:

Spoiler

Your rings need to be replaced. Get good rare rings with high life roll and good resistance.

You can consider running a 5L Carcass Jack as it provides more AOE.

Weapon wise, consider switching to something similar to what I am using:

Your amulet needs to be replaced too as it does not have any life roll on it. This is what I am using:

You don't have to get exactly the same but a good life roll with high crit multiplier is essential.

The life roll on your belt is rather low too. You will want to replace that too.

Gems setup on your chest, you will want to change to this:

Add above gem if you have 6L.

Also, I am running a Decoy totem which helps grealy against boss fights.

Auras that you want to run will be Hatred and Warlord's Mark (on Blasphemy). Because this is a crit based build, you will freeze and shock mobs a lot so that they don't even attack you back when you run through them.

You can consider running the same flask setup as me:

You want 50% instant life and anti-bleed on your life flask, anti-freeze on your quicksilver, and anti-curse on your diamond flask. Increased duration on quicksilver and diamond flask will be a big bonus.

My current gears and gems setup in each slot for your reference (you can consider copying them):
Spoiler

NOTE: The only gem that I am using in the build is the Decoy totem in the shield setup. The other 2 gems are just for leveling. You can replace them with Minion and Totem Resistance gem and Vaal Lightning Trap.

Also, I am using a Rare chest because I do not yet have a 6L Carcass Jack in SSF league.

How did you add the increased spell damage on the dagger. When Ive tried to add affixes that already exist through the masters, it said that affix already exists.
Any videos on this? Would like to see it in action before i start to build it.
"
xaeror35 wrote:

How did you add the increased spell damage on the dagger. When Ive tried to add affixes that already exist through the masters, it said that affix already exists.

I crafted my dagger and got a lucky open prefix for master crafting spell damage using Caterina's Headstones bench.

"
XenoRi wrote:
Any videos on this? Would like to see it in action before i start to build it.

I don't have any videos to showcase this but I got my Scion to level 96 using this build so that should be something?

Play style is like other Blade Vortex builds out there, but as a Scion, and with dual curse.
in all honesty i could get any build to level 96 lol. but idk it just would be nice to see this build in action. im going to hold off on making this until i see some gameplay on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info