[3.5] For Scion - Dual Curse Crit. Based Blade Vortex as Elementalist + Assassin (SSF Viable)

Thanks! Yeah, looks pretty solid as well.

I am debating whether I shall play scion or just witch/elementalist come Delve. If we get the new physical herlad there are 4 herlards that can be usefull (with gets the reduced reserved cost) :) over all the build I got in mind is pretty similar with the items and setup.
A well planned guide for a fun build. Im gonna try it in delve.
It's probably explained somewhere, but what's the idea/mechanic behind using controlled destruction and all the +crit?

nevermind found the anser
Last edited by Roest on Sep 7, 2018, 9:04:01 AM
How does this build deal with Physical damage? It seems like it would just get destroyed by physical attacks.
"
n4ru wrote:
How does this build deal with Physical damage? It seems like it would just get destroyed by physical attacks.

The build is evasion based so you have to rely on dodge and re-positioning to avoid big attacks.

For mapping, this won't be an issue since the mobs will be frozen most of the time. Only bosses can be a challenge. Use a Decoy totem during boss fight. It helps greatly.
"
saimerex wrote:
Hi there. Quick questions:

I am newby, and a guy told me that Atziri is better than Inpulsa for Scion. Is that true?

Also, I have Malachai gloves, is it better the Hrimsorrows gloves?

And finally, which pantheon should I use?

Thank you very much.

Atziri chest is more defensive while Inpulsa is offensive. I would go for Inpulsa.

Hrimsorrow allows you to go 100% elemental conversion, which will provide more damage. So definitely go for Hrimsorrow.

For pantheon, Lunaris, Solaris, and Arakaali are all fine for major god.

For minor god, I personally prefer Ryslatha. It is especially useful when you are running trials and Uber lab.
okay, Just a question, why do you choose flame golem, instead of Ice golem for crit or lightning for cast speed?
(or even chaos for a damage reduction)

And same for herald of ash- It works well with the golem, but using Herald of lightning would increase the lightning damage added to the blade vortex bc of the phys- to lightning support.

(i dont know whether herald of purity would increase the phys dmg of the blades, which would increase lightning dmg indirectly- Idk whether thats compared to a singular "add lightning dmg"
Last edited by Firmicutinator on Oct 20, 2018, 10:55:41 AM
"
okay, Just a question, why do you choose flame golem, instead of Ice golem for crit or lightning for cast speed?
(or even chaos for a damage reduction)

And same for herald of ash- It works well with the golem, but using Herald of lightning would increase the lightning damage added to the blade vortex bc of the phys- to lightning support.

(i dont know whether herald of purity would increase the phys dmg of the blades, which would increase lightning dmg indirectly- Idk whether thats compared to a singular "add lightning dmg"

Golem is pretty much open slot. You can pick any golem that fit your play style. I mostly run without golem because they die too fast.

For heralds, I prefer Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice over Herald of Lightning. These 2 heralds have better on kill AOE.

And yes, Herald of Purity does benefit Blade Vortex. You can definitely use that since the minions will help you tank incoming damage too.
Hey, I recently got back into PoE (last time I played there were only 3 acts I think?) and I chose to follow your guide because:
* Blade Vortex has to be the most hilarious thing I've ever used in a game
* you didn't put any item requirements for weird endgame uniques I know nothing about

Now, please excuse me some newbie questions:
* Any specific reason why you are using Herald of Ash over the other Herald skills?
* I don't have Warlord's Mark, so I'm (manually) casting Assassin's Mark at the moment. It seems to be fairly good for me, could I use that instead of Warlord's?
* I'm Lvl47ish right now (I don't know how this works, can I link my whole character here somehow?) and in Act 5. When can I do the next Labyrinth so I can get the same ascendancy points in like you for the lvl50 passives?
* Also, what kind of items do people look for when levelling? I'm struggling to find good weapons and a proper chestpiece (4link was the best I could manage for now) - where can I farm for proper stuff at my current Level?

If any of the above is answered somewhere else in a guide form, please excuse my noobness. A link would be much appreciated.

I'm having a blast with this build - so far did every boss first try - but I also feel a bit lost all the time.

Thanks for writing up this guide and hopefully answering my questions!

Cheers,
Peter
"
Hey, I recently got back into PoE (last time I played there were only 3 acts I think?) and I chose to follow your guide because:
* Blade Vortex has to be the most hilarious thing I've ever used in a game
* you didn't put any item requirements for weird endgame uniques I know nothing about

Now, please excuse me some newbie questions:
* Any specific reason why you are using Herald of Ash over the other Herald skills?
* I don't have Warlord's Mark, so I'm (manually) casting Assassin's Mark at the moment. It seems to be fairly good for me, could I use that instead of Warlord's?
* I'm Lvl47ish right now (I don't know how this works, can I link my whole character here somehow?) and in Act 5. When can I do the next Labyrinth so I can get the same ascendancy points in like you for the lvl50 passives?
* Also, what kind of items do people look for when levelling? I'm struggling to find good weapons and a proper chestpiece (4link was the best I could manage for now) - where can I farm for proper stuff at my current Level?

If any of the above is answered somewhere else in a guide form, please excuse my noobness. A link would be much appreciated.

I'm having a blast with this build - so far did every boss first try - but I also feel a bit lost all the time.

Thanks for writing up this guide and hopefully answering my questions!

Cheers,
Peter

Welcome back to POE. :)

I use Herald of Ash as it provides more damage. You can definitely use Herald of Ice / Thunder / Purity.

You will definitely want Warlord's Mark for the life and mana leech. Especially when you proceed into end game.

Your character profile is hidden, you can set it to public by changing it under "Privacy Settings" under your POE website account.

I would recommend you to use Tabula till you can afford better chest piece. Tabula should cost you around 15 chaos orbs. You can also farm for Humility cards in Blood Aqueduct. It takes around 3 to 5 hours on average to farm all the cards there.

Check out vendor recipes for chaos recipe. This will enable you to farm up chaos in a short amount of time.

You can also do a youtube for guides on "fossil farming". Trading fossils will also get you chaos in a short amount of time too.

For labs, you will definitely need Uber lab completion to follow the final tree. You can clear normal lab around level 30, cruel lab at 50+, merciless lab around 60+ and Uber lab at around 75. For various stage of the labs, you will need to clear their associated trials. You can find them in various acts and for Uber lab trials, they will show up randomly when you start mapping.

Use a Decoy totem for Izaro fights. It helps tremendously.

You can use any rare dagger or wand with high spell damage for leveling. You can check out "Recommended Gears" section for some uniques that you can use for leveling too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info