[3.5] For Scion - Dual Curse Crit. Based Blade Vortex as Elementalist + Assassin (SSF Viable)

"
Exliana wrote:
The Controlled Destruction support doesnt link with BV. what i would use Ele Focus Support instead

I am afraid I don't understand the part on Controlled Destruction doesn't link with Blade Vortex.

Controlled Destruction is preferred because besides giving BV more damage, you will be able to apply freeze on mobs all the time since this is a crit based build (which ensure better survivability).

Switching Controlled Destruction with Elemental Focus will mean that you no longer can freeze the mobs.
"
I am afraid I don't understand the part on Controlled Destruction doesn't link with Blade Vortex.

Controlled Destruction is preferred because besides giving BV more damage, you will be able to apply freeze on mobs all the time since this is a crit based build (which ensure better survivability).

Switching Controlled Destruction with Elemental Focus will mean that you no longer can freeze the mobs.

The problem im having is that monster stun me with that gem on and when i do crit and that. im only seeing Shocked no shattering at all
Hey man I just wanted to say I appreciate the effort you put into the guide and answering every question. I really enjoyed this character, ScionOfPeace. I'll try Atziri today to get the flask, then do the lab when I find trials. I got two questions.

-I use the covenant and without it I can't sustain mana between mob packs, I wanna try carcass jack. Can you afford charging BV without hitting mobs with carcass? Idk if there's something I missed about mana.
-Do you think Vaal Pact is necessary now with the changes?

After Atziri and Lab, I'm thinking of getting BV damage enchant, better weapons and maybe acuity later.
"
Exliana wrote:

The problem im having is that monster stun me with that gem on and when i do crit and that. im only seeing Shocked no shattering at all

That behavior is weird. The only reason I can think of is that the hit did not crit on the cold damage thus didn't apply the freeze. As long as you crit, your cold damage will always freeze the mob. And they will shatter when you kill them while they are frozen.

"
Alzerrax wrote:
Hey man I just wanted to say I appreciate the effort you put into the guide and answering every question. I really enjoyed this character, ScionOfPeace. I'll try Atziri today to get the flask, then do the lab when I find trials. I got two questions.

-I use the covenant and without it I can't sustain mana between mob packs, I wanna try carcass jack. Can you afford charging BV without hitting mobs with carcass? Idk if there's something I missed about mana.

After Atziri and Lab, I'm thinking of getting BV damage enchant, better weapons and maybe acuity later.

Ans 1: You can run Vaal Clarity and use that on boss fight. I was running the build with Carcass Jack and with a single mana pot, I don't run into mana issue.

Ans 2: I was running fine without Vaal Pact up to T10. You can certainly run without Vaal Pact and see how well it works for you and spec into it later.

And yes, Blade Vortex helm enchant will be very useful for the build. The same goes to Acuity because it will free up many skill points from the skill tree.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Exliana wrote:

That behavior is weird. The only reason I can think of is that the hit did not crit on the cold damage thus didn't apply the freeze. As long as you crit, your cold damage will always freeze the mob. And they will shatter when you kill them while they are frozen.

"
Alzerrax wrote:

Ans 1: You can run Vaal Clarity and use that on boss fight. I was running the build with Carcass Jack and with a single mana pot, I don't run into mana issue.

Ans 2: I was running fine without Vaal Pact up to T10. You can certainly run without Vaal Pact and see how well it works for you and spec into it later.

And yes, Blade Vortex helm enchant will be very useful for the build. The same goes to Acuity because it will free up many skill points from the skill tree.

even tho acuity is nerfed its still good?
"
Selvam wrote:

even tho acuity is nerfed its still good?

Acuity is still good even after the nerf cos instead of instant leech, it provides Vaal Pact whenever you crit.
Hi I'm curently leveling with your build and it's going smooth.

I'm wondering about the life leach? Cuz BV is a spell not an attack and so doesn't life leach. In your post you say that taking Vaal Pack make for a lot of boring and unusefull passive point. So If we don't life leach on a regular basis why taking Vaal Pack?
"
mauditevie wrote:
Hi I'm curently leveling with your build and it's going smooth.

I'm wondering about the life leach? Cuz BV is a spell not an attack and so doesn't life leach. In your post you say that taking Vaal Pack make for a lot of boring and unusefull passive point. So If we don't life leach on a regular basis why taking Vaal Pack?

You get the leech from Warlord's Mark curse.

However, some map bosses are immune to curse so you will need to rely on Atziri's Promise flask to leech on them.

E.g. Bosses in Plateau and Volcano are immune to curse.

Vaal Pact used to be next to Charisma node till GGG moved them to Slayer area. And yes, there many wasted skill point but we don't really have much choice because Vaal Pact provides huge survivability.

This is why Atziri's Acuity is now the BiS gloves for this build. You will be able to spec the skill points into more life, or more damage nodes.

EDIT: Just crafted this perfect (almost) amulet for the build:
Last edited by kira1414 on Jan 5, 2018, 2:14:11 AM
To point out, the new Shaper/Elder rares are great for this build:

They add immerse amount of damage to the build.
So, dead build? I can't beat merci iazaro, thx for my lost nerve, so bad build for sff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info