[3.0] Life/MoM ED Trickster +500K DPS

"
intre wrote:
Yes, the new changes to the changes of the charges nerfs this build a little bit, though is already viable.

Regarding to what you say about bosses, you are right. But we've already watched people doing Shaper with way less ED damage. On PoB calculations, removing Frenzy charges and choosing the Shaper as the boss, it deals 336k dps. I do not remove Power Charges from the calculations because as I've stated before, you can generate power charges with the shield Jaws of Agony, before getting into boss room.

BTW those 336k where done without taking into account the last change, but you can expect to do around 300k agains Shaper now. Even if you just stack 10 wither charges, agains Shaper you deal around 240k ED dps. Removing the flask, 230k dps. Removing Vulnerability it deals 220k dps, though I don't think why would you do it as the new Blasphemy aura is really large, and the Witchfire flask won't last forever. IMHO it's already pretty decent for Essence Drain. Anyway we have to wait until the release of patch notes and the subsequent change in PoB for more accurate calculations.

Void Batteries will still be very demanded for Trickster builds.

Are you sure you want to throw an average of 40 traps to get 10 power charges before the fight starts (and then mantain those charges constantly switching to the shield config during the fight itself)?

It seems like a really terrible gameplay to me. And after the power charges nerf (4% more spell damage per charge has been removed) that has even less sense, since you can achieve more ED dps at bosses going for no charges at all with a different setup.
Last edited by djnat on Aug 1, 2017, 7:56:33 AM
"
Jagaimo wrote:
What do you get from void batterys with the change reversal? Isn't it only 5% increased DoT and 4% increased spellpower per charge? I wouldn't think that this is valuable enough to go for a lot of power charges or am I missing sth?

It gives you 1 extra power charge each wand. It reduces your spell damage by a 80% each, but it increases your spell damage a 25% per power charge. That means that in a build like this you get up to 10 power charges, and that's 25*10*2 - 80*2 = 500 - 160 = 340% increased spell damage using the 2 wands. Add it also the implicit, 40+40. So you get a 420% increased spell damage in total using these 2 wands at full charges. Add also the damage from the Trickster ascendancy that you get from these 2 extra power charges. I don't think there are many wands out there that gives you a 210% increased spell damage each. They are BiS.
"
djnat wrote:
"
intre wrote:
Yes, the new changes to the changes of the charges nerfs this build a little bit, though is already viable.

Regarding to what you say about bosses, you are right. But we've already watched people doing Shaper with way less ED damage. On PoB calculations, removing Frenzy charges and choosing the Shaper as the boss, it deals 336k dps. I do not remove Power Charges from the calculations because as I've stated before, you can generate power charges with the shield Jaws of Agony, before getting into boss room.

BTW those 336k where done without taking into account the last change, but you can expect to do around 300k agains Shaper now. Even if you just stack 10 wither charges, agains Shaper you deal around 240k ED dps. Removing the flask, 230k dps. Removing Vulnerability it deals 220k dps, though I don't think why would you do it as the new Blasphemy aura is really large, and the Witchfire flask won't last forever. IMHO it's already pretty decent for Essence Drain. Anyway we have to wait until the release of patch notes and the subsequent change in PoB for more accurate calculations.

Void Batteries will still be very demanded for Trickster builds.

Are you sure you want to throw an average of 40 traps to get 10 power charges before the fight starts (and then mantain those charges constantly switching to the shield config during the fight itself)?

It seems like a really terrible gameplay to me. And after the power charges nerf (4% more spell damage per charge has been removed) that has even less sense, since you can achieve more ED dps at bosses going for no charges at all with a different setup.

That will only happen if you fight Shaper. Just from the amulet you get up to a 100% increased power charge duration. With all the increased power charge duration you get (more than 150%), you may clear a map, get the charges, leave your char at the boss door to take a coffee and the charges will still be there when you come back. And I guess you will also not run out of charges during a Shaper fight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info