[3.0][Assassin] Glass cannon Blade Vortex (1.6 Mil DPS)

Hi guys, I am having a hard time keeping enough mana going to use BV. Warlords Mark and Hatred kill my mana pool and i am only able to use my BV skill 3 or 4 times even when popping mana pots.

Is there something i am doing wrong?
Can you please put an update on the gear!

I have to use the Essence Worm to be able to use Hatred gem and still get above 10 count. I have another Mings once i get that aspect fixed.

Current Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAVCBx4I9A3RDkgPqxEPES0RLxGWFe0WvxewIG4i9CM2JIsmlSepKgsqOCsKLJw2PT1fQZZFnUlPSVFJsUqLSwpMs1AwUlNTEFNSVL1VS1xAXfJh4mKsY0NqQ2qMbAtsjG0ZbWxwUnX9fIN-WX_GhG-FMonTjDaP-pMnlS6Wi5ctl5WX9Jrgnaqi2ak0rrOw2LVIt9m5k7yqvOrDCcM6yBTQ9dRC1bnXz9te44TndOtj6-7r9e-I8NXyHfVv-Tc=?accountName=thesentrix&characterName=AssasSENate
Last edited by thesentrix on Aug 31, 2017, 1:24:21 PM
Can you upload your gear with gems to have an orientation? Thanks!
Hello everyone! I'm really new to game, made my first character thanks to this build, lvl 86 assassin right now.

Using Path of Building I tweaked "unrealistic perfect" lvl 100 build, making it even more "glass cannon"-y by maximizing possible damage with crit multiplier + taking additional max power charge and grabbing as much sockets for "perfect" jewels as possible in exchange for ~200 life from life nodes (remember, jewels have +% life in them too)

Also considered changing Life Leech in 6-link BV gear for Arcane Surge, gaining unlimited + damage, castspeed, mana regen and so on.

Auras\Curses should also be moved in 4-link with adding Enlighten to fix mana problems.

Also changed boots to Inya's Epiphany for even additional damage and higher chance of having max Power Charges at any time.

Changing Kiara's or Surgeon's Basalt flask for Atziri's would also yield even more damage, but leaving you vulnerable to status effects.

My first post and I've yet to discover more about game mechanics, would really like to hear YOUR opinion on this.

Pastebin:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/dSbCEFiK

EDIT: Oh, and almost forgot - I haven't showed it anywhere in build, but Phase Run actually quite useful sometimes, even if it's quite short. Sometimes there's a real big pack gathered, like breaches or altars, or immortality totem + pack and having ability to run thru the pack can be a lifesaver + it's additional movespeed and casts faster than Flame Dash.

-----------------

EDIT2: Managed to squeeze even more damage.

Changed one of Ming's Hearts to Essense Worm, put Hatred in it.

Took Whispers of Doom for additional curse, put Assassin's Mark to Warlord/Blasphemy/Enlighten for additional damage and even greater Power Charges support.
OR you can forego Whispers of Doom for additional jewel socket (and thus additional damage and life) by corrupting amulet for +1 additional curse to enemies, but that's really way-way-WAY too perfect to be true.

Mana cost of BV is 72, with 229 mana left after all auras/curses that's a bit low, but regen of 95.4 should help a bit + a lot of mana leech.

Considering we taking second curse, we could also take Poacher's Mark as second curse for Frenzy Charges, which we could be used on swapped Quicksilver Flask for unique Quicksilver, Rotgut, which gives more movespeed and 2 sec Onslaught for every Frenzy Charge. Could be useful for speedrunning.

Now thinking of swapping Arcane Surge for some other mana-demanding useful skill to get on demand buff and add Fire Damage or some other +dmg gem to 6-link BV...

Should also note for anybody who would try to use such build - maximizing jewel sockets should be your last priority because current tree calculated for level 100. Remove a few jewel sockets and it's ~lvl 90 already.

Pastebin:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/07sasEcH
Last edited by ndvr on Oct 13, 2017, 7:03:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info