The Fall of Oriath: Garukhan, Queen of the Wind

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
I always love cyclone...

but hate how it sounds like i'm hitting bongos with sticks.

Why doesn't the sound change based on the weapon you are holding....

Some *sching* for swords and my some slicing sounds would be so much cooler then that annoying sound.

This is actually a good idea for a new mtx category - alternate audio effects! Starting with alternate skill sounds would be the best way to go about it.

buzzsaw cyclone mtx has an alternate sound effect already does it not? but yes additional sound effects would be cool...
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
"
Scryer16 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Tonnatos wrote:
Arena is very big for this boss - lazy fight, eazy.

N.O. No.

I personally hate fights where it seems like the arena is the real enemy rather than the boss. It always makes me ask myself, 'how would this supposedly powerful entity threaten anyone outside of their little island?'. And I include in that category any boss fights whose difficulty seems to arise mainly just from the limited size of their arena (Malachai is a good example of this - he'd a LOT easier if his arena was just a little larger).

You may feel this boss is too easy. That's fine. But the answer to that should, imo, NEVER involve reducing the size of their arena. A true 'boss' should be a threat regardless of where you fight you fight them.

Like the Diablo from Diablo 2 :)

Hahah Diablo's Red Lightning Hose is so impossibly strong to new players. And necros without +skill gear will be surprised at how fast their army dies to a single fire nova.

But PoE's non-endgame bosses have never been that ominous. And I'm not convinced that they're supposed to be; the plan was 10 acts all along (or at least that's been the official word since Release), so getting these act 3 and act 4 bosses that were easy to kite kinda makes thematic sense imo--they're at most Duriel levels of scary because they're halfway through. In contrast, Diablo was originally designed as The Final Boss of the complete game known as Diablo 2. The expansion was planned all along, but to say that D2 was meant as anything less than a complete product is crazy (they were relying on such an impression to sell the expansion anyway).

Whereas, the first time we got a final boss, it was atziri. With her flameblast and storm call, she is not a boss you could stand still against no matter how far away you are. The same could be said of the Shaper. much moreso than Dominus's lightning stream, the shaper's laser is the closest thing poe has gotten to a lightning hose.

With all of this said, I am very, very interested in the act 10 boss fight, since this is presumably the final boss of PoE's original story. I can only hope that it's nothing like kitava 1.0 ;)
"
pootie3030 wrote:

buzzsaw cyclone mtx has an alternate sound effect already does it not? but yes additional sound effects would be cool...

TIL
"
Tonnatos wrote:
Arena is very big for this boss - lazy fight, eazy.

N.O. No.

I personally hate fights where it seems like the arena is the real enemy rather than the boss. It always makes me ask myself, 'how would this supposedly powerful entity threaten anyone outside of their little island?'. And I include in that category any boss fights whose difficulty seems to arise mainly just from the limited size of their arena (Malachai is a good example of this - he'd a LOT easier if his arena was just a little larger).

You may feel this boss is too easy. That's fine. But the answer to that should, imo, NEVER involve reducing the size of their arena. A true 'boss' should be a threat regardless of where you fight you fight them.

Seems to be a tendency these days.
The boss themselves pose little to no threat, it's either that the boss arena gets smaller or it's clustered with AEs/traps/servants (strike whichever you fancy the most).

Stupid mechanic when it becomes the only one if you ask me.
Act 7 boss is a typical exemple of small area nonsense (when the ocean reduces the stage to nothing and you can't really avoid much anymore). Malachai Merciless was the top of my list (good riddance!!!), since you could still die in a second while doing nothing else that throwing totems and running around dodgin stuff).

Last comment: if you wonder why people play less and less melee, your video is a prime example of the current poor melee efficacy.
You have to run at the boss, run after the boss, run at servants, with an awfully short leap slam, and a very debatable cyclone control that puts you in harms way when the boss throws a big one. If you add the neverending/costly need for a high dps weapon, need for extraordinary defense mechnism (half of which just disppeared in the beta) and piss-poor clearing speed, melee is currently just for masochists past level 40.
Last edited by tienbasse on Jul 26, 2017, 3:14:55 PM
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
Nice but we're still missing that BIG HITPOINTS BAR when fighting bosses !!!!!!!!!!

You wanna play D3 go play it.
Nice fight! But I don't get it why bosses always need a "fancy" name recently!
IGN: ??? (Fips_PoE - Conquerors Of The Atlas, Metamorph League)

Originally joined: Jan 29, 2013.
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
You wanna play D3 go play it.

Let me see : trolling, out of topic comment...

Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Jul 26, 2017, 5:29:37 PM
new auras please.

atm auramanser = the more you can hold, the best it is... but why dont add more auras, updates the actuals and make auramanser make choice.

i mean for exemple if you add like an aura: when affected, 20% of energy shield converted to life!

result: auramanser will have to think twice befor holding it.. teamwork profit, not a 100% pure good buffs.

**at level 20**

purity of ice: -50 cold resist, + 15 to maximum cold resist... why not ? idk

new aura: players deal 20% increased physical damage, -50% to elemental damage.

new aura: +50% rarity item + 15% quantity, players receive 50% critical damage, players have +15% chance to get critical hit.

new aura: damage over time deal 50% damage, elemental damage reduced by 25%.

new aura: character movement speed +50%, character attack speed -15%.

new aura: cursed ennemy receive 25% extra critical damage, cursed ennemy have 15% chance to dodge spells and attack.

new aura: cursed ennemy receive 35% extra damage from attack and spell, cursed ennemy reflect 10% of damage to his opponent.

new aura: +35% lightning damage, -50% lightning resistance
Darude waifu HYPE
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
I like the new ui.
Please though, give us back the option for the original, even if it optional per region due to censoring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info