♦#1 DMG Life Steel Ring (Old Thread)

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
use annulment orb to remove t2 STR, then recraft crit or other t1 suffix

will
be
awesome
!!
IGN Jinloman
08:00~24:00 UTC+8 TAIWAN R.O.C.
Mirror Service-thread/556020

"
bb650427 wrote:
use annulment orb to remove t2 STR, then recraft crit or other t1 suffix

will
be
awesome
!!

Ayyyyyye Jin!

Very true! I immediately thought of annul+et potential on already existing mirror items. Would be sick. I personally really like the strength, even if it's a couple points off. I'm going to use this on a doomfletch build in 3.0 and that strength is going to come in handy so as it stands right now, I have no plans yet to change it yet. The strength is also great for wander or every melee And I really like that it has 96life.
After talking to multiple friends/future customers everyone is saying keep it with the strength. For 3.0 strength going be the way to go. No one wants 16crit since you can get 20crit on one mod on a jewel. Same with 10allres, 1mod on a jewel. Only certain builds would prefer a t1 res over strength, while everyone benefits from strength.

Tldr: This ring will not be recrafted or changed at all in 3.0
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 28, 2017, 10:32:10 AM
---Corruption Knot Steel Ring (Life Version)---
The #1 DPS Life ring in all of Path of Exile

Perfect T0 Essence Multi, Perfect T1 WED, Perfect T1 Phys, T1 Life (96 life total), T1 Accuracy, & 50 Strength!

~b/o 1 mirror
B/o for Indexing only Not for Sale
Fee = 100 Exalted (90ex each for 2 copies)
Copies made = 1

25% Multi vs. 11-17 Phys Rings - 'I have legacy Multi items, I should be fine right?' Wrong! Here's why

GGG is nerfing 65% total Crit Multi on the tree in 3.0 - You need all the Multi you can get.

I can sit here and try to hide behind PoB numbers that favor my ring, but I'd rather give it to you straight up. Multi Is getting hit hard, not just in items, but on the tree. At least 65% multi will be completely gone from the tree in 3.0, Corruption Knot will help you counter GGG's Crit Multi nerf-hammer!

Notice how the Corruption Knot is the first and only 6-mod Steel Ring Essence craft in existence without a bench mod?

There's a reason for this.

The Corruption Knot required the Eternaling of 2 prefix mods in order to achieve the best damage possible for life builds that desire Crit Multi.

Watch my currency burn while I make this ring!
T1 Flat Phys Eternal'ing
T1 Life Eternal'ing

Meanwhile, you can get a good 11-17phys 3-prefix base and yolo twice using bench-mod tricks until you get 2 suffixes you're happy with. Then, simply craft 16%crit/10%all res as your last suffix. Boom! Done! There is nothing wrong with this method, but I charge 40ex fee for rings I create this way, not 90ex.

For pure life-based attack rings, don't settle for a bench mod as your 6th mod. You can get 10% all res or even more crit chance on a single jewel mod (20% crit).

Corruption Knot has more damage and more life than a similar 11-17 phys ring.
Get your Orb's worth!
96 life + 25% Multi vs. 78 life + 7%IAS. You make the decision.

Will this ring be changed at all in 3.0?

This ring will not be recrafted or changed at all in 3.0

"What about using an Annulment orb to get rid of strength and add a different suffix?"

"
Ahfack wrote:
After talking to multiple friends/future customers everyone is saying keep it with the strength. For 3.0, strength is going to be the way to go. No one wants 16crit since you can get 20crit on one mod on a jewel. Same with 10allres, 1mod on a jewel. Only certain builds would prefer a t1 res over strength, while everyone benefits from strength.

Are you going to divine it further?

No. This piece will not be divined further

This ring has 96 life, 4 perfect damage mods, and close to perfect accuracy. If you run the numbers, in order to keep all mods like they are and gain only 4 life (100life total), it's 3,200 divines which is definitely not worth it. I would have to raise the fee then, and I don't believe any item should be above 100ex fee, especially for 4 more life.

---> Crafting Videos <---
T1 Flat Phys Eternal'ing
T1 Life Eternal'ing
Watch my currency burn while I make this ring!
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 28, 2017, 4:56:00 PM
Ahfack, In builds where people use leg amuletsi or/and leg maligaro-facebreaker or/and abyssus, 7% attack speed, and 11-17 phys damage outperforms 25% crit multi. cause after 500-550% crit multi 25% crit multi becomes relatively small and X-Y phys base damage and attack speed starts to shine more.

i can send you pob stuff if you want.

so you'd like to craft 7% attack speed there, just to have really the highest dps ring in all circumstances for life base.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jul 28, 2017, 7:39:50 PM
Gimme dat x-y damage sonnnnn
"
Rupenus wrote:
Ahfack, In builds where people use leg amuletsi or/and leg maligaro-facebreaker or/and abyssus, 7% attack speed, and 11-17 phys damage outperforms 25% crit multi. cause after 500-550% crit multi 25% crit multi becomes relatively small and X-Y phys base damage and attack speed starts to shine more.

i can send you pob stuff if you want.

so you'd like to craft 7% attack speed there, just to have really the highest dps ring in all circumstances for life base.

Whew, sorry was busy last night. Was out with some friends and afk :D

These are good convos to have Rup, and I appreciate your comments, but what you are speaking about is extremely situational. I don't know a single (non-unarmed) person that uses facebreakers and abyssus at the same time, and, to boot, the multi associated with abyssus only applies to melee builds. You're creating PoB's that favor flat/ias damage over multi, so of course you're going to get better results if you're stacking the deck that way.

I can easily create PoBs that favor my ring as well, so it's all very trivial and I hold no value in that, and PoB should be taken in which the spirit of it is intended: Theory Crafting.

I looked at the pastebin of https://pastebin.com/jgAnMimT that was provided on another page (which is 2.6 tree pre-multi tree nerf), and first off, this build made me lol pretty hard. Who plays dual-mirrored crit foil cyclone? Is this "make an imaginary build up to defend your ring" day? I'm not trying to be caddy or snarky, it's just really funny to me is all. I live in the real world, making gear for real builds I intend to play and others already play. Even if I were to credit this build as one people actually play, even with abyssus+facebreakers on, the average damage of Corruption Knot is over 10k more than the average damage of the contempt ring. I anticipate this to only go up since multi on tree is being nerfed, and these PoB's don't reflect that.

Instead of unpopular/imaginary (non-unarmed) melee builds that use facebreakers+abyssus, let's instead apply it to some builds that are going to actually being utilized and popular in 3.0 like doomfletch. In a build like that, I'd stack flat everywhere on items like leg meginords/abyssus (obviously not benefiting from the multi in this scenario since it's not melee), and I'd rather use rare gloves that have flat/ias/res on them like:

In addition to that, a lot of right side of tree crit builds (that need the strength from this ring which not only saves them passives, but garners them 96 life total which is amazing.

I'm happy to run some more numbers after 3.0 officially comes out, but as it stands right now, for 99% of crit builds (especially in 3.0 in a post-multi nerf world), you want that 25%multi on a ring instead of a flat phys boost.
Baaaamp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info