Account hacked

"
satanttin wrote:
"
How the fuck people even get hacked? I have been playing online games for like 20 years and not a single time my account have been hacked everytime somone says he have been hacked i cant help to think they are either bullshiting or like idiots went to fishy websites and downloaded keylogers on purpose or something

that xd

I second this.
28 years now, have been playing video games since i can remember my self, and my online adventures started way back with original diablo - in all those years never, ever have i gotten ''hacked'' even once.

If the account does get compromised, chances are someone else knew the passwords and all the rest of necessary information, or/and it wasn't hard to guess in the first place.

My guess is OP is a casual player who figured to try his luck and fish for free items, cuz that's basically every ''account hacked'' or ''items vanished like a fart in the wind'' topic.
No rest for the wicked.
Hm. I just woke up to see my account relieved of items and currency worth ~20 to 30ex. Not much for many, pretty much for me. Prevents me from getting to 126 this league, too. Sucks, even at this stage of the league.

So I checked for malware and installed better passwords. The program I used found some malware, if it was the cause for my probelms I do not know. I attribute it to the autohotkey and the trade script I used, for this was the only thing I installed recently connected to poe. deleted it, too. *sigh*
"
Donnerdrummel wrote:
Hm. I just woke up to see my account relieved of items and currency worth ~20 to 30ex. Not much for many, pretty much for me. Prevents me from getting to 126 this league, too. Sucks, even at this stage of the league.

So I checked for malware and installed better passwords. The program I used found some malware, if it was the cause for my probelms I do not know. I attribute it to the autohotkey and the trade script I used, for this was the only thing I installed recently connected to poe. deleted it, too. *sigh*

So you alone, of all the thousands who use the script, somehow managed to become this special snowflake selected for a cleanout? xD
You might as well attribute it to your OS, Bill Gates hasn't got time for silly grinds you know.
If, however you downloaded the script from some random website that happened to have a dl link, then it's possible that a tourist hitched a ride along with the script.
If there ever would pop up a case report that script is doing anything shady, any trace of it would be nuked from these forums, last i checked tho, the topic is still around and doing fine.
No rest for the wicked.
Ive been on the internet since the day it was available for public use. I have been "hacked" ONCE that I know about. The way it happened: a site that I had an account on was broken into and accounts/passwords were leaked, mine included. Someone then used that password to log into an account I had elsewhere with the same username/password, because I was stupid/lazy and used the same username/password in multiple places.

This is the most common way to get "hacked". Never use the same username/password in multiple locations, especially not your email, cause if they have access to your email it doesnt matter what username/password you have anywhere, they can just change it whenever they want.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info