Banned for no reason

"
sussu007 wrote:
Over three weeks and nothing... not even an investigation into why I got banned. This is ridiculous, really poor customer service. You can't ban someone for no reason; at least investigate.

Honestly, i would look at your thread and then the standard way of GGG operating to realize that you have been in contact with them, that they have looked at the account and are pretty damn sure that you have cheated hence the message telling you under which section of the ToS you were banned, at that point you have had the initial ban and the follow up.

There isn't much more to say.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
sussu007 wrote:
Over three weeks and nothing... not even an investigation into why I got banned. This is ridiculous, really poor customer service. You can't ban someone for no reason; at least investigate.

Actually i am quite sure they can, not 100% certain about GGG, but many game devs, including giants like Blizzard, word their EULA in such a way that it basically might as well say ''we reserve right to terminate a user account whenever or if ever we see fit for whatever reason''

And as the post above mine stated, the reason is mentioned right there:
"
banned for the following reason: "(b) Modify or adapt (including through third parties and third party tools) the game client or its data, other than in the normal course of POE gameplay as permitted in accordance with the Licence."

Maybe you were running some sort of forbidden script or something.
Modifying client is quite tricky and dumb since 1. it's forbidden and 2. if any changes are made, usually when you start the game up, it will check for abnormalities, if any is found it will download and replace the ''corrupt'' files.
I know this because when they released the 64bit patch, it had problems so i decided i'd run the x86 client with LAA so i can run the game using more than 2gb ram, whenever i did that, the game would automatically replace the x86 .exe, reverting the changes made.

But that all aside, whatever you did, knowingly or not, was not allowed. And since they provided an actual explanation (which i must admit, somehow skipped my eyes first time reading the topic) you can most likely figure out what you got nailed for, which won't really change a thing since while most of us never really bother with reading ToS or EULA, it doesn't exactly make up for a good excuse to be surprised when we bite the dust for reasons unknown to us.
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info