[3.0][WIP] Hyaon's Charged Dash / Blade Flurry Raider

Update 12.08.2017
I havn't been able to play as much as I would have liked since the start of 3.0. As promised I did run this build and I'm now finally at a point where I feel comfortable to draw my first conclusions.
The most important note is that Cast while Channeling - Arc is not viable in this build. I'm not even sure if it can be made viable in any setup. Just going with a 6 linked Charged Dash is straight up better. However, that brings me to my next conclusion. Blade Flurry does outperform Charged Dash in most situations. The playstyle of Charged Dash feels pretty awkward. I'll be trying a few more gem setups in the near future but my guess right now is that this builds ends up just using Blade Flurry.
On a positive note: I'm currently level 84 with average gear and the build is rolling through everything with ease. Not that this comes as a surprise. I've said earlier that the build concept has been proven viable alot of times. You can take this as a confirmation that it's still very good in 3.0.

I'm not entirely sure if I'll be updating this thread further as this build doesn't really bring anything new to the table. If you are interested in this character still you can check my gear and passives. The character's name is KeyvDash.

Disclaimer: Please be aware that this isn't ment to be a character guide at this point. You also won't find any new groundbreaking ideas and clever mechanics here. It's merely my attempt to take an existing and viable proven build a step further while adding my spin to it. I've had this idea in mind since the announcement of Charged Dash and while I've seen similar theorycrafts I didn't find any of those to be thought-out too well. I have since then crawled through the forums and looked through older and some times outdated guides and I will now try to forge that acquired knowledge into a new form.
This theorycraft is partly just for myself at this point because I'll definetly give it a try when 3.0 launches. However, due to Charged Dash being new I figured there would be a good amount if interest. Feel free to let me know what you think so we can possibly improve this theorycraft together. I added a pastebin for Path of Building further down.

About the build
Hyaon's Fury builds are known to be very effective on a budget and they will, as it seems so far, only get stronger in 3.0. Since Hyaon's Fury, which can be obtained with The Wolf's Shadow Divination Card, is the only item we need to get the build going it is a very good choice for a league starter.

Okay, let's get in to the details now. Starting with the temization
Weapon: Hyaon's Fury.
I don't really need to explain this choice I suppose. You can choose to dual wield Hyaon's Fury which will increase your DPS pretty significantly. However, since Shields in 3.0 can have hybrid Life / Evasion and Attack Speed I really wouldn't recommend it.

Helmet: Devoto's Devotion.
Pretty obvious choice. We're getting attack and movement speed, while the drawback (10% reduced physical damage) does not apply to us. The best enchantment would probably 'Arc chains an additional two times'. Chaos resistances are always welcome aswell.

Shield: Rare with Life, Hybrid Life / Evasion, Resistances, Attack Speed
Life, Hybrid Life and Attack Speed should be the main focus here.

Armour: Queen of the Forest.
This is where it gets tricky. In order to get the maximum damage we'd need 1G5B, which will cost ~6.600 Chromes on average. 2B4B is possible, but we'll miss a fair amount of damage. However, a rare Evasion / Energy Shield hybrid with decent Life and Resistances will also do the trick. If you really want QotF though the best option would be to buy a 6 Linked Destiny Leather. Roll reduced attribute requirements on it and spam chromatics. It will still need about 5.000 chromatics on average. Once you've got the colours Chance / Scour for QotF.

Rings & Amulet: Life, Resistances, %Lightning Damage, Accuracy Rating, %WED.
Any combination of those stats is good. Keep in mind that %Lightning Damage is better then %WED, since it increased both, the Attacks and Arc's Damage. Aim for Opal Rings if you can.

Belt: Rare Lather Belt. Life, Resistances, WED.

Gloves: Rare with Life, Hybrid Life / Evasion, Resistances, Accuracy Rating

Boots: Darkray Vectors
Best corruption would be an additional Frenzy Charge. Pretty self explainatory though.

Flasks: The Wise Oak and Vessel of Vinktar (With Lightning Penetration).

Gem Links
Damage: Charged Dash - Lightning Penetration - Faster Attacks - Added Lightning Damage - Innervate - Elemental Damage with Attacks.

Auras: Wrath, Arctic Armour. I'll drop AA and use Blasphemy - Conductivity to see how it goes.

Utility: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic

You can add the usual setups aswell. Vaal Grace + Increased Duration and CwDT + Immortal Call are always a good choice.

Tree is outdated currently. I didn't take Vaal Pact because I have a feeling that (Phase-)Acrobatics should be enough to deal with Elemental Damage Reflection. Either way, it's not too far away so feel free to grab it when you think it's necessary.

Alright, that's pretty much it for now. I may rework this and try to get the formating done if there's enough interest coming from your side. As I said, feel free to let me know your ideas and improvements and I'll try my best to work them in.
Last edited by kahzin on Aug 12, 2017, 10:10:58 AM
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2017, 3:16:23 PM
You will do more damage just scaling as a pure Weapon damage build instead of casting arc. You can reach upto 250% Movespeed with a few flasks and a the gear u mentioned.

Also when you use this skill you try get to your end position as fast as possible so you can deal damage faster and clear faster. COC is going to reduce your damage because it casts only ever 0.35 sec at lvl 20 and you have such high move speed you are going to be in your destination is less than half a sec. You will probably be moving as fast as a shield charger or even faster so you shoudl focus on scaling attack speed to get more explosions or maybe focus on some AOE for overlapping explosions and deal way more damage than a COC setup for sure.

if you are not focusing on movespeed/clearspeed. Your setup could be better.

Before the announcement today I would have ardued that Arc brings 80k DPS and a superb clearspeed to the table. And that for just two gem sockets. Anyways, with the nerf of Frenzy Charges there's no point in running CwC anymore.

I've already stated in my OP that this build will work perfectly fine without CwC. You'll probably run Elemental Damage to Attacks and Ruthless as 5th and 6th link now. However, I'm not too sure if I'll still keep this build as my leaguestarter since it will just be a generic Hyaon's Fury build, which has been proven viable often enough.
I think CwC will be a noob trap for Charged Dash personally. It just doesn't seem worth it, nor would it scale with the things you'd build around for Charged Dash (attack speed, move speed etc.), or the gems linked to it. It just seems like a waste of 2 gem slots.
Last edited by Azixo on Jul 28, 2017, 11:07:27 AM
Interested in trying this. I'd probably swap CWC/Arc for Faster Attacks, and maybe the new Innervation. Maybe even swap something else for Phys to Lightning. I'd really like Queen of the Forest, but those off colors...Bronns Lithe could be another similar option(not sure how the damage will scale VS QotF). Also, may want to mention Thunderfist. These would be a great budget 5L for this build, especially paired with the new Innervation. Free 18 Added Lightning, additional lightning damage, 10% IAS, shock duration.

Edit: One thing I am concerned/interested in is how this plays on bosses. Gonna be charging back and forth over the boss i assume? could be awkward.
Last edited by Renley8 on Jul 28, 2017, 1:10:20 PM
"
Zinki wrote:
Interested in trying this. I'd probably swap CWC/Arc for Faster Attacks, and maybe the new Innervation. Maybe even swap something else for Phys to Lightning. I'd really like Queen of the Forest, but those off colors...Bronns Lithe could be another similar option(not sure how the damage will scale VS QotF). Also, may want to mention Thunderfist. These would be a great budget 5L for this build, especially paired with the new Innervation. Free 18 Added Lightning, additional lightning damage, 10% IAS, shock duration.

Edit: One thing I am concerned/interested in is how this plays on bosses. Gonna be charging back and forth over the boss i assume? could be awkward.

I'd definetly drop CwC is the Frenzy Charge change goes through, no doubt in that. PoB says the best support gems would be Concentrated Effect, Elemental Damage to Attack, Ruthless and Faster Attacks in that order. I've tested this on a Blade Flurry setup though so it might be that Faster Attacks scales better with charged Dash.

Personally I'd just use Belly of the Beast with the following gem links:
Charged Dash - Lightning Penetration - Elemental Focus - Added Lightning Damage - Elemental Damage to Attacks - Faster Attacks.
Now we're looking at 3 off colours which shouldn't be a problem. I like the Thunderfist idea. If Charged Dash is awkward against Bosses I'd probably run a Cyclone setup either as 6 Link or as pseudo 5 Link in Thunderfist.
you could argue that damage on full life could be used here to
Finally does the Frenzy charge change went through ?
An I the only one who can't the PoE.planner site with the talenttree to work?
Or do you have the link somewhere Else?
Small update to my OP. Cast while Channeling has been a failure, and Charged Dash too, at least to a degree. I'm currently working on the character but I feel that there won't be any interest in it since it doesn't really bring any new mechanics. I havn't completely given up on Charged Dash yet so chances are I will throw out another update in a bit. As it is right now the build is a very well balanced budged friendly starter. Clearspeed is certainly not T1 (in 2.6 standards) due to the rather limited AoE of Blade Flurry, but it's definetly not slow. Bosses melt verry quick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info