[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

What is the reasoning behing punishment?
Since the mobs have to hit you with melee, would not vulnerability be bettet for mapping and punishment for hard bosses?
"
Apekatt42 wrote:
Since the mobs have to hit you with melee, would not vulnerability be bettet for mapping and punishment for hard bosses?

We can clear a map just fine without either curse, but the faster we can kill bosses the better. Especially since so many bosses have mechanics that will one-shot you, so the faster we get them down to that 20% cull threshold, the safer we are.

Most of the time you will clear entire packs before even fully channeling Blade Flurry. Rares and uniques will take a couple channels and if they smack you enough to trigger Punishment, they die even faster :)
"
"
Apekatt42 wrote:

We can clear a map just fine without either curse, but the faster we can kill bosses the better. Especially since so many bosses have mechanics that will one-shot you, so the faster we get them down to that 20% cull threshold, the safer we are.

Most of the time you will clear entire packs before even fully channeling Blade Flurry. Rares and uniques will take a couple channels and if they smack you enough to trigger Punishment, they die even faster :)

Gotcha
How much int does everybody have? I have decent amount on gear but only 69int. I don't see how I'll ever get infused channeling maxed. Unless I take int on tree.
"
rvaHammer wrote:
How much int does everybody have? I have decent amount on gear but only 69int. I don't see how I'll ever get infused channeling maxed. Unless I take int on tree.

Yep, this is explained in the 3rd passive tree and also under the "Strengths and Weaknesses" section. You'll need 121 total INT, we start with 14 and can take 60 from tree. So we'll need 47 INT on gear or jewels.

You can also spend points on Mana Flow node, which would help a bit with mana and give 20 int, but you will have to get some on gear.
used this build as a template for my cycloner lvl90, works like a charm, havnt even come close to dying yet, even with tripple dmg mods and extra proj maps on legions.
and only spend around 40c so far(30c for the main weapon, thrusting swords are expensive this league).

if u dont care about weapon range u can get away with 15c for this build.
ingame: _vio_
Been loving the build, been perfect for getting back into the game. What are your opinions on using a 6 link carcas jack and adding pulverize instead of fortify to give a massive boost to aoe. Might lose a bit of dps but I think its justifiable since the meta seems to be about clearing low level legions as quickly as possible. It would just mean you'd need another way to get endurance charges.
"
Tradious wrote:
Been loving the build, been perfect for getting back into the game. What are your opinions on using a 6 link carcas jack and adding pulverize instead of fortify to give a massive boost to aoe. Might lose a bit of dps but I think its justifiable since the meta seems to be about clearing low level legions as quickly as possible. It would just mean you'd need another way to get endurance charges.

Yea, if you care about clearing a lot faster, Carcass Jack + Pulverize would be a lot of AoE. Especially with Inc Aoe in and swap for Conc effect for bosses.

You could take Battle Cry node and spam Enduring Cry every 4 seconds to keep up charges. You could run End Cry without it, but it's so clunky and slows your clear. Esp since you stop to cast End Cry right as you approach a pack, and you might get mauled due to the cast time.

The big thing people noticed about dropping the BoR is losing the reliable and free 50%+ evasion you get thanks to the Blind.

"
"
Tradious wrote:

Yea, if you care about clearing a lot faster, Carcass Jack + Pulverize would be a lot of AoE. Especially with Inc Aoe in and swap for Conc effect for bosses.

You could take Battle Cry node and spam Enduring Cry every 4 seconds to keep up charges. You could run End Cry without it, but it's so clunky and slows your clear. Esp since you stop to cast End Cry right as you approach a pack, and you might get mauled due to the cast time.

The big thing people noticed about dropping the BoR is losing the reliable and free 50%+ evasion you get thanks to the Blind.

since everyone is using Flesh and Stone the blind from BoR isnt that important, sure u can swap to blood stance for more dmg while still having the blind, but a 6-link is probably still a tiny bit more dmg without blood stance with high quality gems(and swapping faster attacks for a better gem).
ingame: _vio_
"
Tradious wrote:

since everyone is using Flesh and Stone the blind from BoR isnt that important, sure u can swap to blood stance for more dmg while still having the blind, but a 6-link is probably still a tiny bit more dmg without blood stance with high quality gems(and swapping faster attacks for a better gem).

That's a possibility, it's a 25% reserved mana aura so you'd have to drop something, probably Herald of Ash to run it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info