The Fall of Oriath Release Date and Trailer!

Much earlier than expected. Going to look forward to this! I hope everything will fo as smooth as possible in the launch!
Two weeks?
This seems like a bad idea.
Having been in the beta, it's not done yet. Act 5 is great, but acts 6-7-8 rehash just a little too much content.
While reusing areas is fine, reusing enemies really isn't when said enemies lack skills and have poor AI.

As a result the difficulty curve of these acts drops off a cliff after act 5. Sure it's better then repeating the exact same old areas in cruel or merciless, but not much better.
The only truly new content are the bosses.

And then there is act 9-10, that we have yet to see, so we have no idea how complete they are.
If they are rehashing act 4-5, then I think we're going to see a similar problem.
Balance is still a little all over the map.

So rushing this out the door seems inadvisable to me.
I'd rather they take more time to polish the content.
If Arthas is invisible why can I still see him>
What is with the Langurages ? Spanish German etc. ? There will come too on this Patch ?
Best trailer yet! You guys have some sick talent over there.
That'cool .Great Game!
"
Tereng wrote:
"
fatb0y3 wrote:
Why's there going to be a Challenge League that goes alongside probably the biggest expansion in the games history? Just give us Path of Oriath so we can enjoy that and not pound on more content than neccessary.

If there is no new challenge league players will be done with the content in like 1 or 2 weeks and then it'll die, with no economy, no player base and no challenge!

Of course it is necessary the style of leagues for many players, but you do not have to be so severe with standard, has a huge player base, and besides the economy is not as bad as you want to show, for a normal player the economy of Standard is similar to the economy of a league with a month out.
Yus!
"
Chrislor wrote:
"
Tereng wrote:
"
fatb0y3 wrote:
Why's there going to be a Challenge League that goes alongside probably the biggest expansion in the games history? Just give us Path of Oriath so we can enjoy that and not pound on more content than neccessary.

If there is no new challenge league players will be done with the content in like 1 or 2 weeks and then it'll die, with no economy, no player base and no challenge!

Of course it is necessary the style of leagues for many players, but you do not have to be so severe with standard, has a huge player base, and besides the economy is not as bad as you want to show, for a normal player the economy of Standard is similar to the economy of a league with a month out.

I am sorry if it sounded like that, what I meant was for players like me who only play challenge leagues, there will not be much to do with expansion after a week or two without challenge league.
Regarding having a challenge league for 3.0 (disclaimer: i only read the last couple message on this), we don't know what's in it, and there may or may not be specific mechanics.

I'd say it'd be better if there is no specific mechanic and that mechanics wise, as indeed, considering the size of this expansion, there is no need for specific mechanics for the first league.

However, in any case, a challenge league is indeed needed with the usual challenges related to fall of Oriath, for, well, the challenge. There will of course be the usual suspects among those, like "use those vendor recipes", "kill those exiles", "kill uber atziri", "kill shaper", "complete those endless end game grinds".

And a challenge league is also required to have the option to play 3.0 in a fresh economy and not be forced in standard, where most league players would not be able to really enjoy the expansion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info