[3.0] SSF Pure Physical Shockwave Totem Series

Is this viable without going crit? Curious if it's possible to stack alot more life and regen to make it hc viable, but i'm looking for fast clear speed for league starter farmer so if its crap dmg without the crit it's abit meh
Hey, you know, the more i play this the more i think your right. in a standard league crit is probably the best way, but for SSF crit is really hard to gear for. i think im gonna rethink the tree for flat damage.

Also i have a totally new channel that focuses on poe live streaming:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPP30dfSd2kZZlC3y2FJcbA

...and obviously this is the first main build for it. if your interested please pop by.
Ok so after some testing with the power charge and endurance charge ascendancy keystone... i have come to the conclusion that its simply not enough to keep the endurance charges up. i added on all the duration nodes but it still wasn't cutting it. so im cutting them from the tree and have made a new tree. more life, mana and an extra curse.

My progress so far, feel free to take a look.
Last edited by Insanity_Pilgrim on Jul 30, 2017, 5:42:01 PM
Ok so a recap so far. Just got into mapping and doing tier twos without much issue. I'm using duel curse with 6-7k tool-tip dps per totem. As a SSF character it's pretty horrible in my opinion. the skill itself is fine but it requires a lot more gear investment to be properly viable late game. i had more fun levelling with molten strike then i did with ST. to be clear! i think this has the potential of hitting around 70k dps when fitted with middling gear and duel curse and 2 CODT setups means he's going to survive very nicely, but the character a a whole progresses so slowing in SSF that you simply wont like the experience.
I played several shockwave totem build in the past. On hardcore. Hierophant is the worse thing you can pick. After you have auras up you wont even be able to summon 2 totem. Going for 4 is just madness. Not to mention your losing a bunch of dps.

The way to go is to use End cry manually. To have that extra regen. With MoM and ZO. The other thing would be going trickster for less costly totem.
"
Deadbringer wrote:
I played several shockwave totem build in the past. On hardcore. Hierophant is the worse thing you can pick. After you have auras up you wont even be able to summon 2 totem. Going for 4 is just madness. Not to mention your losing a bunch of dps.

What Auras do you want to use? He is using brutality for maximum "physical damage" only. Outside of maybe "Haste" or some curse-setup, I can not think of why you need this. Especially if the tree has MoM enabled.

I would rather go with a clear mind jewel setup with up to 60% inc Spell damage/30% mana reg and screw auras entirely. More eHP with MoM and I bet far more safe.

The curses can be applied over Curse on Hit in i.e. Orb of Storms (chains+long duration). More than 2 curses are not worth it for phsical. Let's say Vulnerability and either enfeeble or temporal chains. The build has as good as no defense, so this would be a solution.

Dropping out Ancestral Bond after you get "Ritual of Awakening Ascendancy" still gives you 3 Totems maximum (-21% damage), but you could use any damage setup you want in off-slots.

"
Deadbringer wrote:

The way to go is to use End cry manually. To have that extra regen. With MoM and ZO. The other thing would be going trickster for less costly totem.

Either use Enduring Cry with Kaom's Way from the prophecy update. That would give you +1 endurance charge and 0.4% inc life reg per endurance charge. Hierophant is OK, no need for another class.

The other way would be to integrate a 20/20 Power Charge on Critical into the totem-slot. That gives another 20% increased Critical Strike Chance +35-54% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike, depending on the gem level.

I am tinkering around with a similar build right now.

---NOTES for 1st-Post---
OP, please get away from the lower marauder tree for that measely Totem damage. It is too inefficient, if you don't plan on using the Blood Magic keystone + Hinekora's shield. Since you have MoM, I doubt that is even an option. So why waste so many points getting there?

And I wouldn't put so many totem life nodes if you don't use Dark Pact or Rightouse Fire totems. You rather cast them again non-stop like a Warchief Totem build.

If you really are addicted to damage, then put in a Kitava's Thirst helmet. That thing casts spells socket into it by chance if you spend 100+ mana, which your build will do for sure. Without the Ancestral Bond keystone, these spells will also have a high chance crits and make the screen explode despite your totems playing the bongo drum.

Still addicted to more damage? Put on a Surgebinders with up to 7% extre physical damage for physical per endurance charge and 7% spell damage for each power charge. Should be a huge damage spike with so many charges. ;)

Here is my suggestion for the final tree (2 sockets missing). It's all around more rounded and has more sustain+room for options.
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAQMACCUAAH7AZjwF73yf3wSzogDwH0VHMtHr7oUyly1JT7yqmuBFnVNSHNyPGnyDp5ReXdH9pwjYJDbFg_NEoa4SsTZOrrc-_grYvTWStfJuqmSEBqD5vYPMPC3GrhDM-JN7IP6Hg18dFPrSZp5Y5VorFm_jahZAhX1yD1nznz4t0ho4kFUnL45k96a2-ioTLJwFQkGW0PWus0yzIG5QMJeVUlM9X5f0TwRDyGjyfA5boKdVr2wLYdtexPavpxzOK1ANzfJFOuGmV03j_o-PRgQHg9tVxjpYvOpqQwj0ES1KyP5UDF8cp1OlVa5Eq4-mghDfsCsmA5pYbWQzaFoEUToWhoIAAAAAAA==
Is that viable in 3.0?
"
Oozeling wrote:
Is that viable in 3.0?

Possibly, maybe not as SSF though.

I'm working on a build very similar to this one, but instead of traveling south for Ironwood, I take a trip through Shadow to net the 112% increased physical damage along the start, as well as life and cast speed.

That and I'm using Empire's grasp as the safety system, and getting the 40% AoE on gloves, which allows Empire's to act as a Pseudo 6-Link (as 40% AoE is effectively lvl 10 inc AoE support while allowing you to still use the gem). Looking at 38 radius (158% increased) with the AoE gem, and a cast speed of ~3/second they should be able to wrangle up any enemies that can be knocked back with ease. Combine that with 40% MoM for big scary hits and it should be very hard to get killed. Mana cost is around 104 per totem but mana regen is about 100/second, and there's plenty to spare thanks to Essence Wurm for Haste.

It's pure physical and sees about ~25K+ damage per totem vs Shaper (so about 100K) with a barebones setup. Definitely not doable with SSF, but cheap and easy to implement in a regular league.

Might be a bit boring though, it's fairly safe but the damage is pretty meh
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info