Buy poe.trade

"
cgexile wrote:
My thoughts are they are already working on something so like the "10 Acts!" and "Xbox!" announcements I'm sure the trade system surprise is coming up. Some poor bastard is working nights and weekends at - or for - the GGG office trying to code PoEbay right now.

Unlikely.
"
cgexile wrote:
Not long ago xyz got hit with a DDoS. I would have loved to see the players playing line chart throughout that day - which probably strongly correlated to a plunge (or collapse) in mtx sales that day. My thoughts are they are already working on something so like the "10 Acts!" and "Xbox!" announcements I'm sure the trade system surprise is coming up. Some poor bastard is working nights and weekends at - or for - the GGG office trying to code PoEbay right now.

I would love to belive that this is true.

GGG admited that trading is a large part of their game, and its strongly needed to progress. Yet they make trading super hard (without poe.trade) cause let face it, trade channel is a noob trap, where you got scammers and boots only trying to sell overpirced shit or buy currency way under the market value.

GGG dont want to improve trade, case they dont care. all they do care about is company revenue, not the game itself, not to mention the dedicated playerbase.

This is one of many reason, I personally stopped supporting GGG.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga wrote:
you are actually really wrong. GGG dont want to buy poe.trade cause they dont want to improve trading.

Someone is fond of tinfoil i see
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:
you are actually really wrong. GGG dont want to buy poe.trade cause they dont want to improve trading.

Someone is fond of tinfoil i see

but...

"
Chris wrote:
With all the talk of trade improvements over the years but very little concrete to show for it, it's clear that GGG wants to take steps, but is being held up by various concerns. What actual goals and restrictions are you guys working with in your efforts toward improving trade? Are there concerns that these goals are even attainable?

Being able to trade items is critical to the success of an Action RPG. This is why Path of Exile has no item binding and why SSF items can become regular items with the click of a button.

Given that we want trade, the next question is how easy the trade should be. It seems obvious to jump to the answer of "as easy as possible, of course!" but more care needs to be taken. The easier that trade is, the more trades that traders can perform, increasing the utility that items provide to them. This has a few consequences:

-The gap between traders and non-traders widens. This gap is apparent when you see feedback that the game is too hard for some people and too easy for others. Most of the time, that is proportionate to how much they have traded.
-Item pricing becomes more skewed towards only very-cheap and very-expensive. Items either become trivially cheap or unaffordable. If you have ever felt that it's going to take too many 1-alch sales to finally save up for that 80 exalt item you want, then this is the reason.
-Progression is trivialised. While trading for an item to get a leg up on difficult content is of course fine, being able to trivially and cheaply quadruple your clear speed on a whim isn't something that should be expected on your first character in a league. In addition, the fewer item upgrades you make on a character before capping out your items, the lower chance you have of sticking around for a decent portion of the league. Upgrading items more times (in smaller steps) is more fun than jumping right to the perfect gear.

The existing community tools (combined with our public stash tab API) already put us pretty far down this spectrum, compared to the old days of trade chat. We already view this as a crisis. That is why we are hesitant to add more convenience features.

I know this explanation doesn't mention any solutions, but the things we're experimenting with aren't ready yet. Thanks for your patience.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1870097

In fact, they do not want to improve trading in the sense "we want" (I really don't see how else they can improve it). Because they want to milk money? Idk, but it is true that they do not want to do it.
Last edited by UltimateForm on Jul 19, 2017, 2:07:43 PM
As someone who is exclusively SSF, I personally couldn't give a rats ass about how awkward trading is. Like, you could literally have to buy a plane ticket and go live with the person you wish to trade with for 6 months before every transaction and it wouldn't affect me in the slightest.

However, improving trading, or at least streamlining it to being entirely an in-game experience would be in GGG's favour. Since, yeah, it's all well and good that long term players are used to it, but you have to think about new players experiences.

Like, the game is promoted as having trading as a core feature, some new players may not have seen any promotions about the game either but you should consider their experiences when they first pick up the game.

When they get frustrated with hitting a wall in their progression when they start out, they might ask for advice. To which the likely response would include "Go buy yourself some gear. You should be able to get some decent items with good resists on for a handful of chaos".

Now, the initial response from the player is to go to the trade channel. Since, that's the logical step as that's the only in-game assistance for trading, surely that should be fine right?

But you all might know how useful trade chat is...

So, if they've stuck it out this far (Bearing in mind, they're coming off of a streak of frustration after hitting a wall, then potentially scammed/trolled from trade chat, whilst also potentially thinking that this is a P2W game given their only advice really has been to "Buy gear") they're then directed to a 3rd party website to find trades to do.

Okay, so they've got this far and accepted all these hoops they've had to jump through. Now to go contact some people to trade with to get the items so they can play the game!

AFK
AFK
AFK
AFK
AFK
AFK
In a temporary league
AFK

Etc...

So yeah, maybe veterans are used to how janky trading might be, but you have to think, GGG wants to make money, which would mean attracting new customers. But the systems in place for one of the "Core features" for the game is extremely not user-friendly, which could very likely turn a significant number of people away from the game for no reason (Since, as people here should know, once you get around all of those systems and get used to them, its a fun game, with nice simple progression through acts)

That's just my 2 chaos on the matter though. Essentially, an integrated trading system in-game might not help veterans (Other than being QoL), but would be a significant boon for potential new customers whom are just checking out the game before dropping cash on packs and MTX (Also, stash tabs for more QoL for trading...) and more money for GGG = good. Also, more players = good. Easier time getting friends into the game = good.
Looks like GGG fail to understand a lot of things.

If the trade is made easy and accessible there will be no gap between traders and non-traders because everyone will be a trader

Prices are already skewed towards only very-cheap and very-expensive but with an easier trade system it will be easier to mass sell cheap items to buy an expensive one. Good and rare items will always be expensive, people have to understand that not everyone is able to buy sports car

Try to make a game good to everyone is what makes the game too easy for some and too difficult for others. If there's not a huge gap in power between them it will be much easier to balance the game and make trade easier will help reduce the power gap

On the contrary, if they've done their brainstorming, they know more than any of us on that subject matter. It's a complicated issue, like balancing a seesaw on a needle tip.

I'm okay with the way things are. No need to acquire PoE.trade.(letting it be integrated into PoE)

It seems like playing a game that's meant to be fun, which is its main purpose; for others it's a virtual stock market. And the average newbie player wouldn't play a stock market. Honestly, that doesn't sound very fun.

The "trading business" has always been an emergent gameplay. You're asking for convenience where there's little to none needed, and if it does happen, like having an auction house, PoE would come to be known as "that economy simulator with some gameplay". It would be successful in some ways but is it really the direction of the game?

Just take a gander at some of the competition, of their success and failures, with auction house-like systems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info