Buy poe.trade

Should GGG have a targeted MTX sale and use the funds to buy poe.trade and make it part of the game?

Would you buy MTX's towards that goal?

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Last bumped on Jul 19, 2017, 8:25:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
GGG doesn't need to "buy" poe.trade, he uses GGG's API to pull various data and make it in a searchable format.

I don't understand this circle jerk about wanting it "part of the game" I don't give a fuck if its implemented into the game if it takes away features or is simply a copy of what we already have access to.

What does GGG have to gain by implementing a solution in game? Maybe a few people would be more happy with a streamlined system that is nothing but a web browser built into game?

While xyz might own the poe.trade domain, its nothing without the API data. If GGG wanted to buy it they could have and would have already done it.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
GGG doesn't need to "buy" poe.trade, he uses GGG's API to pull various data and make it in a searchable format.

I don't understand this circle jerk about wanting it "part of the game" I don't give a fuck if its implemented into the game if it takes away features or is simply a copy of what we already have access to.

What does GGG have to gain by implementing a solution in game? Maybe a few people would be more happy with a streamlined system that is nothing but a web browser built into game?

While xyz might own the poe.trade domain, its nothing without the API data. If GGG wanted to buy it they could have and would have already done it.

you are actually really wrong. GGG dont want to buy poe.trade cause they dont want to improve trading.
"trade improvements" is their carrot on a stick, they will never implement any but will keep telling us that they are working on it.

What really should be done is for poe.trade to by bought and closed down. This would be the only way to force GGG to actually pull a finger out of the asses and start to work.

Also trade improvement would not make few people happy, it would make 90% of the whole playerbase happy. If you play SSF it would not affect you, but than again if you would do that, you would not post here in a first place.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

you are actually really wrong. GGG dont want to buy poe.trade cause they dont want to improve trading.
"trade improvements" is their carrot on a stick, they will never implement any but will keep telling us that they are working on it.

What really should be done is for poe.trade to by bought and closed down. This would be the only way to force GGG to actually pull a finger out of the asses and start to work.

Also trade improvement would not make few people happy, it would make 90% of the whole playerbase happy. If you play SSF it would not affect you, but than again if you would do that, you would not post here in a first place.

I think they want to improve various things about trade, but I don't think they want to streamline it more then it already is.

While many people might love the idea of an even easier to use trade system, it comes with downsides as well. Honestly, GGG doesn't have to buy poe.trade because the IP isn't worth paying for, again it just taps into GGG's API. If they turned off the API and instead had an ingame system then poe.trade would serve no purpose.

Its not about being a carrot on a stick, its about how trade was never suppose to be this easy by design, its only compounded by the fact that GGG has caved under many circumstances to increased drop rates and item availability.

FeelsBadMan

Obviously I don't fully understand the technical aspects of how this whole system works. The end result of my suggestion that I had in mind was either a notice board or an npc who would do exactly the same thing as poe.trade but don it in game instead of having to habe a browser open parallel to the game. Since it is already the system we have I don't see how it would make trading significantly easier. We might even get minor performance improvements from not running a web page at the same time. Realistically, that isn't a real sell.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
Obviously I don't fully understand the technical aspects of how this whole system works. The end result of my suggestion that I had in mind was either a notice board or an npc who would do exactly the same thing as poe.trade but don it in game instead of having to habe a browser open parallel to the game. Since it is already the system we have I don't see how it would make trading significantly easier. We might even get minor performance improvements from not running a web page at the same time. Realistically, that isn't a real sell.

Wolf

But what are we gaining with an ingame system?

Are we able to setup live searches like poe.trade? Are we going to have as many search options as poe trade? Are we going to still have the same issues as poe.trade? Then whats the point?

FeelsBadMan

Poe.trade doesn't even need to be bought and closed down. As far as I recall, I don't even know if xyz does it for donations or not. If they personally wanted to force GGG's hand, they should close the site down on 3.0 launch and watch the community implode on itself/become 90% solo self found/both within a week. The only thing that would save us is if a competitor opened up their own website to compensate.

Furthermore, depending on how the xbox version is designed, if a poe.trade is not possible without being dev made, the xbox version could easily die on launch unless they are aiming for it to be D3 RoS-like.

"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Poe.trade doesn't even need to be bought and closed down. As far as I recall, I don't even know if xyz does it for donations or not. If they personally wanted to force GGG's hand, they should close the site down on 3.0 launch and watch the community implode on itself/become 90% solo self found/both within a week. The only thing that would save us is if a competitor opened up their own website to compensate.

Furthermore, depending on how the xbox version is designed, if a poe.trade is not possible without being dev made, the xbox version could easily die on launch unless they are aiming for it to be D3 RoS-like.

More then likely the xbox version will work similar to the poe release in china, in that there is a built in system that allows for trading, but not nearly the amount of search options we have today.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"

More then likely the xbox version will work similar to the poe release in china, in that there is a built in system that allows for trading, but not nearly the amount of search options we have today.

I haven't actually looked at the China version previews and stuff but I can't actually argue with it even having less options. I do kind of prefer if we actually had to "shop" more so than pinpoint exactly what we want. Force some opportunity cost "Do I go for this triple resist 90 life helm, or keep scrolling to see if I can find another because they aren't all lined up one after the other because I narrowed down the results to what I wanted at minimum/maximum."
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Jul 18, 2017, 2:05:42 PM
Not long ago xyz got hit with a DDoS. I would have loved to see the players playing line chart throughout that day - which probably strongly correlated to a plunge (or collapse) in mtx sales that day. My thoughts are they are already working on something so like the "10 Acts!" and "Xbox!" announcements I'm sure the trade system surprise is coming up. Some poor bastard is working nights and weekends at - or for - the GGG office trying to code PoEbay right now.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Jul 18, 2017, 2:11:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info