Melee Only 3v3 CTF

I had a lot of fun with SimpleSim's organizing recent CTFs ... (thanks for that)

But I only brought to bear spell/ranged characters: characters theory-crafted by sacrificing what remained of my melee-huevos (farewell!) in order to compete virally against monkey-pox characters.

Which got me to thinking -

Would anyone be interesting in organizing Melee Only 3v3 CTF?

I've got a few fun, yet idle, potentially decent PvP melee builds that I can't really CTF due to my inability to counter off-sceeners, some AFK, and scorching ray. However, perhaps because they can't compete negates my claimed aforementioned decency... and speaks volumes about my overall PvP qualification.

Shifting gears... and perhaps even re-establish a 'resuscitory' testosterone drip into my emasculated character roster.

For matches, we'd have to decide what constitutes melee - Lightning Strike (proj), Lacerate (aoe), and certain other "hybrid" melee skills might be match breaking - although, so could max-block (sorry Aodui) ... but perhaps we could come up with some basic build parameters. Obviously, nothing's perfect and we could just say that any skills with the "melee denotation" (must be primary dmg) works and go with that. I imagine, even with those respective examples, there would be other melee counters - so perhaps it'd balance out fine.

So maybe if enough melee PvP'ers (what's left of them) are up for it, we can agree to dust off our melee PvP chars for a few 3v3 CTF matches.

Yes, it's true, melee build vs melee build doesn't exactly prepare them for the vast majority of other PvP builds; however,

-Might even help us network outside forums.

-Might even help us improve our builds.

-Might even inspire a PvP sub-culture.

-Might even be fun.

Or, we could just circle-jerk about who's the 'fairest melee of them all.'

Post Script: If you use scorching ray in any PvP build, ignore this post, because I don't hate you, Natural Law does.
Last bumped on Jul 19, 2017, 3:04:16 AM
i could maybe be interested. i have a few melee chars i could dust off.

but honestly, i think it's probably more fun with a mix of long range/mid range/tank/runner (pick 3). and it seems kind of like the blood of heros (aka salute the jugger), a pretty under-rated 80s dystopian rutger haeur movie.

with 3v3 melee, i suspect it would get bland quickly.

edit: and i feel bad, i forgot about you...

i've been trying to fill the void harley leaves when he's offline and get some ctf going. earlier tonight, we somehow were typically only with 5, except for a ~3 minute window. if you were on/down, we could have played a lot. i'll keep you in mind.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jul 15, 2017, 2:01:32 AM
I hear Mulla rumblin

Could be his stomach though- you know that vegan diet can wreak havoc on your system!
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
I am interested as long as:

-no class restriction
-all long range skills (spectral/lightning strike/frost blade/lacerateAOE) are not allowed (don t mind molten since it need to be in melee range). Flurry/reaveAOE can be problematic but need to test. Maybe spectral+slower proj without projectile speed could be allowed since it then become like a melee skill.
-no tempest shield/cwdt/glove enchant/minions
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 15, 2017, 4:41:25 AM
im up

that said,

is lacerate melee? i think not.(this doesnt even fit melee weapon and dealing damage from melee range criteria)
sunder? no it shouldnt be. (same as above)
EQ... maybe.
Lightning Strike: no (same as first)
Molten Strike: no(even thought it has its own T modifier, no longer than melee range, its overlapping and projectile based)

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jul 15, 2017, 6:06:51 AM
melee weapon and default attack only.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Sounds fun!

Rup's on point

Eq is fine as long as there's no AoE gem. I actually can say from experience that the delay in the eq attack can be quite the handicap in a ctf environment, and if you're not namelocking and just spamming it you won't get far at all especially trying to kill a flag carrier.

As far as glove enchants, I think obviously no winter, but are there really any other OP ones? For example I use Fury on my gloves because it's great in pve, and it shoots out copies of your melee weapon on hit and not when hit, so there's really no auto attack feature to it but more like supplemental dmg to your melee attack. I'm open to discussion though.

And yeah no minions/ag like lolozori said

edit: if no glove enchants are allowed I'd just use vuln on hit/tc on hit gloves

what about QOTF? Should QOTF be allowed? Or should we have a "movement speed" max limit or something since we're talking melee here and no trap/mines to setup a perimeter for the 289758925% movement speed guys? Again, open to discussion, all just thoughts.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 15, 2017, 9:01:56 AM
Isn t furry enchant some kind of spray of projectiles? It might just fly around and hit other targets then. Can furry inflict bleed/decay ? If u get offscreened buy random furry proj and get bleeded/decayed/poisoned might be annoying.

Since we talking about CTF and not duel, super speed players might just cheese the content true.
Maybe cap at 200% MS?
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 15, 2017, 9:36:02 AM
Fury

Yeah, it can cause whatever "on-hit" functionality your weapon has the capability of, and it sprays 180 degrees in the direction that you're facing, but must be initiated by a hit you land, not someone hitting you. So you can't really offscreen anyone with it unless you first hit them. If your weapon has bleed-on-hit then it will bleed, but it's half fire half phys so the bleed in pvp is pretty non-existent especially since being Melee we don't scale proj dmg. The bleed doesn't work with voidheart since voidheart is melee hits only, so the weapon has to have bleed-on-hit crafted to it. I never thought about decay weapons though, but how many decay melee weapons exist out there? Never seen a good one honestly.

And again, if anyone feels this is cheese for melee that's totally cool just say it, cuz I feel curse-on-hit implicit gloves are actually better for this sort of environment anyway.

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 15, 2017, 10:24:32 AM
As far as I can tell, all enchantments have no pvp reduction applied. Some of them can be pretty cancerous even on attack build.
But for 'test run' I think all enchantments should be allowed (except winter)

QoTF is fine, but Movement Speed limit need to be set at 250% buffed.
Spoiler
I doubt if there any 'melee' build able to chase and attack 400%+ ms character, maybe something like 250% ias WB/BF.

Also I'd suggest to restrict using of Lion's Roar / 'of Fending' flasks.
AoE melee knockback is the same tier bs as maxed Temporal Chains - you rather have immunity or gtfo.

"
-Might even be fun.

I hope so.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jul 15, 2017, 1:01:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info