[3.4] HC RT Sunder Gladiator League Starter Build Guide

It looks like Gratuitous Violence got moved in the skill tree. It is no longer possible to get all four of those major ascendancy nodes.
"
citizentwelve wrote:
It looks like Gratuitous Violence got moved in the skill tree. It is no longer possible to get all four of those major ascendancy nodes.

Yeah, that's annoying. I'm trying to figure out how bad that is, but I'm not that experienced with theorycrafting.

Blood in the Eyes seems significantly worse than Gratuitous Violence. Maim is much less useful than the mob-clearing explosions. We don't get any benefit from Blinding enemies while we wear Kaom's Roots (since Unwavering Stance nullifies the miss chance from Blind). In a large party, the extra Physical damage Maimed enemies take might add up (and others might take advantage of Blind and Maim better than we can).

Assuming we take Painforged + Versatile Combatant:

Outmatch + Violent Retaliation seems to give us the best survivability and highest DPS against uniques (but much less against mobs).
Outmatch + Blood in the Eyes gives us solid defenses but relatively mediocre DPS.
Blood in the Eyes + Gratuitous Violence gives us the worst survivability, but probably the highest mob-clear speed.

I'm leaning towards Outmatch > Painforged > Versatile Combatant > Violent Retaliation for the Labyrinth (where I don't care as much about clearing mobs). But that means no bleeding at all, and mapping is going to be a good deal slower. It might be correct to drop Versatile Combatant for Violence, but I really like having Spell Block.

Man, can i take Blood in the Eyes>Outmatch>Painforged>Versatile Combatant?
"
AtlasJackson wrote:
"
citizentwelve wrote:

Yeah, that's annoying. I'm trying to figure out how bad that is, but I'm not that experienced with theorycrafting.

Blood in the Eyes seems significantly worse than Gratuitous Violence. Maim is much less useful than the mob-clearing explosions. We don't get any benefit from Blinding enemies while we wear Kaom's Roots (since Unwavering Stance nullifies the miss chance from Blind). In a large party, the extra Physical damage Maimed enemies take might add up (and others might take advantage of Blind and Maim better than we can).

Assuming we take Painforged + Versatile Combatant:

Outmatch + Violent Retaliation seems to give us the best survivability and highest DPS against uniques (but much less against mobs).
Outmatch + Blood in the Eyes gives us solid defenses but relatively mediocre DPS.
Blood in the Eyes + Gratuitous Violence gives us the worst survivability, but probably the highest mob-clear speed.

I'm leaning towards Outmatch > Painforged > Versatile Combatant > Violent Retaliation for the Labyrinth (where I don't care as much about clearing mobs). But that means no bleeding at all, and mapping is going to be a good deal slower. It might be correct to drop Versatile Combatant for Violence, but I really like having Spell Block.

Anymore input on ascendancy? I have been enjoying leveling this in league as ssf and just did my first lab. I took painforged hoping it to be a safe pick till the build gets updated. Are there any changes you would recommend to the tree for ssf? Also any tips for scaling damage as ssf would be appreciated.

The build has been scaling nicely while leveling, thanks for posting it!
IMO it's better to get painforged>versatile combatant>violent retaliation>blood in the eyes

because lets face it outmatch and outlast only works for on kill not on hit so that means it works best for mobs while blood in the eyes works for on hit so its better for boss's and mobs in a way unless the change outmatch and outlast to proc on hit instead of kill, your not gonna have a good time fighting boss's

so this way you'll have a better time facing late game content.
Edit: posted in wrong thread
Last edited by MichielH on Mar 16, 2018, 7:52:59 PM
anybody have a good enjoyable but progress achievable route to this yet?
Hey guys, what do you think about using this build as league starter for Incursion? Will it be capable of mass-destruction of mobs? I am thinking about using this or Ngamahu's Flame-cyclone build.
Why do you go the Bloodless route to RT? Why not go straight from Master of the Arena to Warrior's Blood then to Strong Arm then RT? That saves you 2 skill points (also gives you 10 intelligence/dexterity) since you have to go to the life wheel anyway. The 2 points for Bloodless can also be spent elsewhere.
Last edited by Yukorin1992 on May 29, 2018, 9:40:12 AM
To the OP,

Going to use this for Incursion.

Any last minute heads-up would be appreciated.

I'm going to follow this build as per the original post.

Unless otherwise advised (by the OP).

Cheers.

There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info