2 Week Turmoil HC Solo

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Dead characters will still be eligible for prizes.

Changing your Ascendancy Class has been disabled for the event.


Active Mods
The following league mods are active during this event:
  • Turmoil: Each area other than towns and the Twilight Strand will contain dangerous inhabitants of one out 9 different types: Rogue Exiles, Tormented Spirits, Invaders, Strongboxes, Breaches, Perandus Chests, a 20% chance to spawn Beyond demons, Nemesis with 5 additional Rare monster packs and Bloodlines with 6 additional Magic monster packs. These are consistent within specific area for all players, and change hourly.

Prizes:

The top player of each of the ascendancy classes by experience will receive an Alternate Art Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle).
Players who reach ranks #2 through 5 of each Ascendancy class will receive a regular Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle).

Prizes for this event:
The following prizes are available to players who meet specific level thresholds. These prizes are shared with the 2 Week Turmoil Event and 2 Week Turmoil HC Event:
  • Level 40: 100x Infernal Footprints, 100x Arctic Footprints, 100x Gore Footprints, 100x Lightning Footprints, 100x Ghostflame Footprints.
  • Level 65: 50x Antlers, 50x Divine Sign, 50x Brilliant Feathers, 50x Silver Wings, 50x Victorious Wings, 50x Mark of the Phoenix, 50x Ice Crown, 50x Twisted Horns.
  • Level 85: 100x Demon King Horns, 100x Demon King Wings, 100x Demon King Portal, 50x Demon King Armour Set.
  • Level 90: 50x Tentacle Wings, 50x Necrotic Armour Set, 50x Ghostflame Armour Set, 50x Gore Armour Set, 50x Bear Armour Set, 50x Obsidian Seraph Armour Set.
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2017 10:26:25 AM
Hype! So glad this one wasn't made voided. Imagine my disappointment after grinding in the Mayhem race for two weeks, and finding my level 88 character UNPLAYABLE in Standart after it was over! Screw all of the haters asking for a Void league, as if that's any more """fun""" than this. If they really wanted this game to succeed, they'd want more people to be playing it, and no mentally stable person is going to waste their time in a Void league, knowing fully well the character and gear will all be destroyed by the end of it.

Something I still don't get is why only the top 5 players of each Ascendancy class get Demis. While I'll still definitely be playing for the crazy loot of Turmoil, many people will probably be turned off by the fact that they can't have a life and need to play 8+ hours a day to win a Demi. Again, if you want your game to succeed, you want people to play it, and this is NOT how you get more people to play your game, just the nolife players at the top who are less likely to buy mtx anyway, as they probably don't have jobs.

All of that aside, aren't you guys afraid that the overflow of loot in Turmoil will damage the economies of the permanent leagues? I mean, 5 Breaches per zone... Jesus... That's literally FIFTY times as many as the regular Breach spawn rates on the beta. I'm a bit worried you may have gone a little too far with this one, but if somebody's gonna be there to take advantage of it, it'll be me! :D

╭━╮M'Goy╭━┳━╮╭━┳━╮
┃╋┣┳┳━┫━┫━┫┃┃┃┃┃
┃╭┫╭┫┻╋━┣━┃┃┃┃┃┃
╰╯╰╯╰━┻━┻━╯╰┻━┻╯
Last edited by Exif on Jul 14, 2017 12:36:38 AM
"
Completed 36 ChallengesExif wrote:
All of that aside, aren't you guys afraid that the overflow of loot in Turmoil will damage the economies of the permanent leagues? I mean, 5 Breaches per zone... Jesus... That's literally FIFTY times as many as the regular Breach spawn rates on the beta. I'm a bit worried you may have gone a little too far with this one, but if somebody's gonna be there to take advantage of it, it'll be me! :D

The standard leagues already have garbage economies. Anything you find in the breaches will be worthless compared to the flood of legacy rares and uniques in standard. Even with mayhem level mods, the loot and currency generated in 2 weeks wouldn't make a dent in the permanents.
"
Completed 36 ChallengesExif wrote:
Hype! So glad this one wasn't made voided. Imagine my disappointment after grinding in the Mayhem race for two weeks, and finding my level 88 character UNPLAYABLE in Standart after it was over! Screw all of the haters asking for a Void league, as if that's any more """fun""" than this. If they really wanted this game to succeed, they'd want more people to be playing it, and no mentally stable person is going to waste their time in a Void league, knowing fully well the character and gear will all be destroyed by the end of it.

Something I still don't get is why only the top 5 players of each Ascendancy class get Demis. While I'll still definitely be playing for the crazy loot of Turmoil, many people will probably be turned off by the fact that they can't have a life and need to play 8+ hours a day to win a Demi. Again, if you want your game to succeed, you want people to play it, and this is NOT how you get more people to play your game, just the nolife players at the top who are less likely to buy mtx anyway, as they probably don't have jobs.

All of that aside, aren't you guys afraid that the overflow of loot in Turmoil will damage the economies of the permanent leagues? I mean, 5 Breaches per zone... Jesus... That's literally FIFTY times as many as the regular Breach spawn rates on the beta. I'm a bit worried you may have gone a little too far with this one, but if somebody's gonna be there to take advantage of it, it'll be me! :D



Can't tell if trolling. Dude you realize that Standard has an already ruined economy full of items that have been flushed down to it by all the previous leagues? If anything Legacy league will be more damaging than this 2 week race. I'm not even going to mention regular HC because that league is dead af.

As for void league I rather have gotten a voided league and this is coming from someone working 45 hours a week. I don't play any of the permanent leagues and only the new ones with fresh economies. I haven't bothered playing HC/STD in years. I find """"FUN""""" in playing in a fresh league and find """""THRILL"""""" in a harsh and hard environment. Mayhem was actually pretty fun and I just wanted a little bit more """CRAZY"""" stuff. I'll still play this SSF HC 2 week, but I feel like I'll be let down after playing Mayhem prior to this.
@waifus
This kind of events ruin the economy of standart, the most important and precious league, screw the fun, preserve standart economy.
Hype! So glad this one wasn't made voided. Imagine my disappointment after grinding in the Mayhem race for two weeks, and finding my level 88 character UNPLAYABLE in Standart after it was over! Screw all of the haters asking for a Void league, as if that's any more """fun""" than this. If they really wanted this game to succeed, they'd want more people to be playing it, and no mentally stable person is going to waste their time in a Void league, knowing fully well the character and gear will all be destroyed by the end of it.

Something I still don't get is why only the top 5 players of each Ascendancy class get Demis. While I'll still definitely be playing for the crazy loot of Turmoil, many people will probably be turned off by the fact that they can't have a life and need to play 8+ hours a day to win a Demi. Again, if you want your game to succeed, you want people to play it, and this is NOT how you get more people to play your game, just the nolife players at the top who are less likely to buy mtx anyway, as they probably don't have jobs.

All of that aside, aren't you guys afraid that the overflow of loot in Turmoil will damage the economies of the permanent leagues? I mean, 5 Breaches per zone... Jesus... That's literally FIFTY times as many as the regular Breach spawn rates on the beta. I'm a bit worried you may have gone a little too far with this one, but if somebody's gonna be there to take advantage of it, it'll be me! :D
You just copy my massage and post?
╭━╮M'Goy╭━┳━╮╭━┳━╮
┃╋┣┳┳━┫━┫━┫┃┃┃┃┃
┃╭┫╭┫┻╋━┣━┃┃┃┃┃┃
╰╯╰╯╰━┻━┻━╯╰┻━┻╯
I would like to clarify something, since it was somewhat hinted at in the announcement thread. If you die in either of the HC events, is your toon getting in the softcore event or in straight up standard?

Also, good job GGG for this event, any negative feedback is just biased from the previous mayhem event, it is a matter of perspective, if you made this event first, people would've been delighted by the added difficulty. May I suggest however that in the future you make multiple mods present at once, what is really scary in this game isn't any one thing in particular but the combination and synergy among multiple mods. Something like ghosted exiles or breach/beyond, something like corrupted lootboxes could also be fun or something very drastic like all the mobs in the zone are blue or yellow. You could also have every zone roll map mods over the top.

I also would've had a work arround your 3 event max problem, you make a sc ssf league with a death counter, then create 2 leaderboards, one for the people that died and one for the people that didn't, or simply have a red dot next to anyone who didn't die yet on the leaderboard.

The voided theme seem to have been quite of a problem, in the future may I suggest you make a permanent standard ssf league that you cannot opt out of. This way you can have people continue playing their race toons in a ssf setting without impacting the standard/hc economy.

Based on the idea that it doesn't matter where somebody is playing, or what he is playing, I would like to see a permanent racing hub. Something like a permanent leaderboard for all the cool short races we've had in the past. Things like one hour solo, endless ledge and all the hundred others that happened throughout the years. The idea would be that you can login for an hour and do an endless ledge by yourself that would be recorded and put on a global leaderboard. You could put monthly wipes/rewards for each setting to keep it interesting. This would fix the problem a lot of people had of not beeing able to attend despite really wanting to race.

Once again, thanks a lot GGG for giving us something to do in the interim, I hope you knock the next expension out of the park.
"
Completed 9 Challengespainfrais wrote:
If you die in either of the HC events, is your toon getting in the softcore event or in straight up standard?


SSF HC Event -> Standard SSF
HC Event -> Standard SC
Map drop rates will be increased slightly (around 5%). This is a buff.
I'm ready ! You can start the event right now :D

Also, what happened to the "100 beta keys each day" (for the top 15k players of each league) ?
Last edited by Cmoidudu on Jul 14, 2017 9:31:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info