2.6/3.0 EK Nova LIFE Raider with MF - 1 EX BUDGET POSSIBLE!

If you guys are interested in a fast clearing build with high item quantity/rarity, then this is the perfect build guide for you! I'm gonna try to make this short and simple!

Before I get into the details of my build, you might ask, why life?

The reason why I made this build as a life based and not energy shield based is not because its better, its because it won't get screwed over in the 3.0 patch which many ES based EK nova build out there will. So you won't have to worry about your build getting screwed after the patch :)

Only requires one item for the build to work:

With this, ethereal knives will feel much more smooth and faster to clear as it gives a 360 nova projectile spell.

Videos
Just a casual shaped strand map with my full MF gear, approx 230 IIQ and 120 IIR.
https://youtu.be/qofggdL2hWo

Current Gear

Keep in mind, I aim to achieve the maximum item quantity value as possible throughout my gear so i end up with only 3.6k life, but you can easily achieve 4.5k if you don't go for the intense MF gears I have such as the Sadima's touch glove and the Goldwyrm boots etc.

Bandits:
Oak (life) , Kraityn (Attack speed), Kraityn (frenzy charge)

Ascendancy

Why Raider?

Going for the Raider ascendancy allows us to gain easy frenzy charges which increases our general output damage and our attack speed/movement speed for shield charge for faster clearing. Also, the immunity to elemental status from the Avatar of Veil point enables us to manage our flasks more easily.

Why Raider over Pathfinder?

The reason why I picked Raider over Pathfinder is because this build is created for fast currency farming and Raider increases our output damage AND our movement/attack speed for faster clearing. However, if you want to min max this build, I recommend using a legacy Vinktar's flask with phys to lightning roll or two current Vinktar's flask because that is our main method to life leech. If you can't afford a vinktar's, an atziri's promise will also work but you might have to use a life potion just incase.

Pros & Cons
Pros:
- Extremely fast clearing
- Prepared for the 3.0 patch unlike many other ES based EK nova builds out there
- One of the fastest currency farming builds out there
- Very Budget friendly
Cons:
- Single target damage may be a little weak if you have intense MF gear
- Cannot outleech a physical reflect map

Gem Links
6L:

5L:

4L:

Herald of ice with Curse on hit Assassin's Mark:

Hatred and Arctic armor aura:

Shield charge:

Vaal haste/grace and Lightning golem:

Cast when damage taken setup:

If you guys have any questions, leave it down below in the comments and I'll try to respond to them asap! You can also message me ingame (IGN: Redviles) for more information on the build!

Last edited by redviles on Jul 16, 2017, 6:33:01 AM
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2017, 10:51:46 PM
Mind drinker with EK?
"
Havocz wrote:
Mind drinker with EK?

Ah yes, I had to unlock this node so I am able to use the inspired learning jewel which requires 4 notable nodes allocated around the jewel, however, you do not need to take mind dinker if you decide not to use the inspired learning jewel. And the extra mana is quite useful if you are having mana issues.
How far were you able to scale with this build?
"
How far were you able to scale with this build?

With 230 Item quantity and 120 item rarity with 3.7k life, i was able to solo atziri with all that magic find gear.
I will soon try to use a min max gear with zero magic find gear and see how it goes, I'm assuming from its current state, it can do shaper with no magic find gear
"
redviles wrote:

I'm assuming from its current state, it can do shaper with no magic find gear

If you tr it, do post a video! Shaper, heck even guardians with ek on non-poison builds seems to be quite a tall order :3
"
"
redviles wrote:

I'm assuming from its current state, it can do shaper with no magic find gear

If you tr it, do post a video! Shaper, heck even guardians with ek on non-poison builds seems to be quite a tall order :3

Will do after the 2 week race!
Looking forward for this build, no pathfinder version?
"
Balantakos wrote:
Looking forward for this build, no pathfinder version?

Haven't tried making pathfinder version yet, but seeing that 99% of the ek nova builds are pathfinder, I think that raider provides much more than pathfinder
I fixed power and frenzy generation with this skill tree: https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAOkABzIAAHEAXgMeBS0FtQceCC4M8g2NDkgRLxGWFr8Zjh9BI_YknST9JpUqCypbKwowfDY9N9RDMUM2RA1HBkd-SVFKfUz_TZJOKlFHUuxVS1uvXfJh4mJaYqxjQ2VNbIxwUnTtdct1_Xn2fXWEb4d2idOMNo19jX6Nv4_6lS6bjZ2qo4qly6_rtMW3trmTu-O9Nr6nwuzDCcSiyPDTftQj2sHb5-dU6mLrY-v17T_tg-4O73rw1fId8uH8xf66_95_xpMn74j5N9fPSbGiow_EO3y4yr6KytO0DFv0eaGLmblvoS9sCPGKAAAAAAA=

It has a bit lower dmg cause less crit and 1 less power charge but instead has 170% increased maximum life instead of 130% increased maximum life.

Probobly go pathfinder with this.

You can also use Victario's Acuity Turquoise Amulet

Edit: Also been thinking about using kaoms heart with hp version as you can use a 4l with essence buff but might decrease dmg too much

Edit2: realised that I didnt take vaal pact but that shouldnt be a problem as it only adds 4 poinmts
Last edited by knugen94 on Jul 23, 2017, 8:57:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info