Doryani's Touch build for 3.0

I planned my tempar inquistor for ele unarmed cyclone with doryani's fist. After i bought doryani's i saw that new sweet skill and wanna build around it. Still thinking what to play but i think ill go for raider hp with iron reflex since its really slow attack and raider would be the best option here, great ias, perma onslaught with ahns heritage, perma phasing and immunity to ailments. Would love to hear other build ideas (i don't like hybrid builds so hierophant is a no go for me).
Any updates?
livejamie
https://pastebin.com/uai4Cdup

Here's a build I came up with using berserker(so meta, I know). The biggest problem I've been having with Doriyani's Touch is the source of leech. Using Incadescent Heart is reaaaaally scary unless you have a ton of Chaos Resistance, and Death's Oath(Another leech source chest) is also pretty hard to deal with. Berserker solves a lot of the leech issues, and serves as really good damage. I've tried not to put expensive gear into the sample gear layout, and it still has pretty good DPS. There is a lot of flexibility with the build.

Passives:
The logic behind this tree is that as berserker you need to path all the way to vaal pact, and you want to pick up life and lightning damage along the way. I think I've hit upon the most effecient pathing for this idea. With the nerf to power charges, I don't think a crit build can be viable(you'd have to use Rigwald's for that)

You can go for MoM if you want. If you do so, you probably want to use an essence worm for Wrath, and drop Herald of Thunder. You can drop a little bit of life then, and go with more dps options.

I've opted to fill out the entire Heart of Thunder/Breath of Lightning nodes. You don't have to do that. Going for Celestial Judgement and Celestial Punishment will open up another jewel socket, and give almost as much damage. Right now I've undervalued jewel sockets because they are not budget, but when you can afford 3 and 4 stat jewels they become a much higher priority. The increased shock duration makes it easier to apply shock on targets, and Doriyani's Touch has a really high base shock chance(20%, +10 more from item).

I've erred a little more on the side of life than damage. With cheapish gear its sitting at 6k HP - if you feel you can play with more, by all means drop some of the life nodes for many of the damage nodes instead. Crackling Speed, Celestial Punishment/Judgement, Ash Frost and Storm, Lightning Walker, and Amplify are all good DPS choices. I've personally gone with berserking over amplify and crackling speed - attack speed affecting shield charge is a nice quality of life, but the aoe might also be nicer.

Gear: I've opted for low-cost budget gear. The big thing that is missing is Elemental Damage with Attack Skills on Rings, Lightning Damage to attacks on Amulet/Rings, and %lightning damage in general. With better gear you can swap in items like Doriyanis Invitation.

Skills: Obviously the core of the build is the 4 Link in the gloves to do the TOUCH OF GOD skill. The current choice I've gone with is Elemental Damage With Attacks-Lightning Penetration-Added Lightning Damage-Faster attacks. However, there are other, higher DPS options. Ruthless Support, if you're comfortable with the "Every 3rd hit" mechanic is more DPS than Pen or Faster attacks. Faster Attacks is a quality of life choice, but not the highest DPS.

Lightning Penetration is higher DPS against bosses, but less against packs. Elemental Focus and Concentrated Effect are both high DPS options, but both come with significant drawbacks. Its up to you if you feel comfortable with those supports. With 55% chance to shock, and a boatload of inc dur/inc effect of shock, I feel like its more valuable to be able to shock, but if you just need raw damage, elemental focus is a good choice.

The big thing I've done is run a 6L chest with Ancestral Warchief. This basically doubles your DPS as the warchief also scales really well. Standard supports for the Warchief, Warchief-Ele Damage Attack-Elemental Focus-Added Lightning Damage-Lightning Pen-Faster Attacks.

This however does lead into a utility problem. With a 6L in chest for damage, and 4L in gloves for damage, and no MH weapon, you're left with Helm/Boots/Shield as your only utility link choices. With 0% crit with unarmed, it is absolutely mandatory to run Orb of Storms-Curse on Hit-Conductivity to keep Elemental Overload up. You need a shield charge set up(Charge-Faster Attacks-Fortify). This leaves 4 slots for Auras, which you want Wrath for sure, and then maybe a clarity/herald of thunder. You don't need those 2, herald of thunder is honestly not a lot of damage, but you have a really high uptime on the aoe lightning triggers which is nice. Use as your mana feels free.

This leaves 1-2 slots for bloodrage. You can use it in the item with Orb of Storms, which prevents Inc Crit, or you can use it in the item with auras, which prevents enlighten. If you skip both Inc Crit and Enlighten you can run Enduring Cry for some more damage mitigation. Running the 6L Ancestral Protector really hurts your utility, but it doubles your damage so it really is worth it. No CWDT Immortal Call, no golem.

Gear: Like I've said, I've tried to outfit the PoB data with low-end gear. This build is light on jewel sockets because good life jewels are expensive, but obviously with Life+double damage(and if you're really rolling in the dough, triple damage) jewels will be better then a lot of the DPS nodes I've gone toward. For Jewels, you want Life+[Area Damage/Damage/Lightning Damage/Increased Attack Speed/Increased Attack Speed while holding a shield/Increased Melee Damage/Increased Attack and Cast Speed].

For Flasks, Pob only has Atziri's and Wise Oak for DPS. Vinktars is great, but again, budget.

The chest is a Carcass Jack - gives some resists, life, and has a lot of damage on it. Lycosidae for the shield. No other shield gives nearly as much damage. If you have mirror level gear with T1 Accuracy on Helm/Ammy/Rings and don't sacrifice anything else, a Quiver with Attack Speed/Ele Damage With attack Skills/Lightning Damage will be slightly better than Lycosidae...but yea, go with the Lycosidae. Everything else is just rares that I found that would be cheap and gives resists/health.

So there you have it, what I think is a reasonably theorycrafted build for Doriyani's Touch. If I didn't hate leveling as much as I do, I'd really want to try this out, but for now I'll leave this build out there for others to mess around with.
Crit based Scion (shadow/raider) its working amazing 6linked belly with shield charge comk shock nova for speed running maps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info