Sao Paulo Server latency

All that talk about "South america isnt important" is BS i think.

Over the years i sent over 10 tickets with game-related problems (i live in Argentina) and every time they answered great, trying to help.

The game overall works great but since Delve started, Sao Paulo is laggy but it isnt necessary to say "The server is going to close" or that things

Lets give em some time to work around and fix it b4 getting mad

"
Phiiliip007 wrote:

Over the years i sent over 10 tickets with game-related problems (i live in Argentina) and every time they answered great, trying to help.

The game overall works great but since Delve started, Sao Paulo is laggy but it isnt necessary to say "The server is going to close" or that things

More time? More than 1 year with this problem is not enough time to fix this server? I mean... Are you blinded? You can't see our situation here?... This thread started on Jun 29, 2017 and here we are, the problem didn't started with Bestiary, Incursion or Delve...

If this problem was on the US servers like Washington, Texas, etc... Or Europe servers... It would be fixed inmediately because they have Streamers and a lot of people playing the game... And there's where they get a lot of money and have most of the players.

What I mean with " They care because they have Streamers "? Well... Look at RaizQT, Zizaran, ZiggyD, chistor, nugiyen or other streamers that have around 600-3500 viewers per day playing Path of Exile... Imagine them having problem with the servers... The viewers would realize that the server sucks when they try to play as well, start a forum or reddit thread saying the server sucks and they don't want to play the game until it's fixed. If you see PoE Latin American Streamers as much they have between 20-60 viewers...

They don't really care about Latin American players of PoE because we are the 3-5% of the base player of the game or maybe less.

They don't care if they lose a little base player. Most of Latin American players can't afford to pay supporter packs or even donate 10 dollars.

This problem with Sao Paulo Gateway as been around 1 year and didn't get fixed yet... If this problem was on Washington or Texas or Europe it would last 1 day as much.

GGG is not a small indie company anymore... If they care about Latin American players this would be fixed as soon as possible, something that never happened before.
Doomfletch: Now adds 100% of Physical Damage while holding a Shield.
Last edited by nightbass96 on Sep 11, 2018, 11:14:48 AM
"
Phiiliip007 wrote:

This thread started on Jun 29, 2017. The problem didn't started with Delve, Bestiary and Incursion was the same thing.
"
Vaadia wrote:
I've read someone saying that South America is not a priority for the company (not that profitable) or something and also we're not a big community (his word's), I personaly don't know the numbers of SM playerbase. If our playerbase is not that "important" why making a SM server at all ? Like, Sao Paulo gateway has to many issues since ever, just bury this server already.

It was me, and it was just speculation of my part. Somebody explained the only reason there's a gateway here is because Softlayer expanded their services to LATAM, so GGG probably took this opportunity to publish the game here (keep in mind POE is fully translated to PT-BR and even Chris himself came to Brasil Game Show to talk about the game).
Today was ix.br fault, some of the PIXs went out there was a problem with ATM and bilateral VLANs injects
Here's a picture of all pix that were out arround 11am (gray means no traffic going throught downstream/upstream)

That affects a large scale of ISP the better ones will have a fallback route but that causes a momentane connection loss and higher latency/packet loss while on the fallback.

This month of september the ix.br especially the São Paulo exchange (PTT-SP) is having a lot of problems there are scheduele maintanances and reapirs taking place
Wanna join at texas server but this still getting me into sp server, wtf is going on?
1 year, 4 leagues and 100 pages later - gateway still sucks.
Hi Fitzy,

ISP: Telecentro
WinMTR at the end

I've been using the DC gateway lately for obvious reasons. Since the last patch SP ping is back to 50ms ish but as soon as the action starts I have spikes from 80 to 200ms. Lots of desyncs and ruberbands. Same thing in DC (was working fine before the update).
All the Discord boys are having the same problem.

Now check this out:

WinMTR before opening PoE (pc restarted):
br.login.pathofexile.com
https://pastebin.com/H4Z9iTTp

WinMTR after opening PoE, going to hideout and closing PoE (no macros, steam still open, no updates going on):
br.login.pathofexile.com
https://pastebin.com/b2kpdRQx

Is that normal?

Watchig the ping graph ingame, it's 50, 60ms steady until I use a skill. From then on, spikes take over and never goes back to normal.

If it is my end, let me know what to say to them pls, but poe is the only thing I'm having problems with. TY!
"
Juanch88 wrote:
Hi Fitzy,

ISP: Telecentro
WinMTR at the end

I've been using the DC gateway lately for obvious reasons. Since the last patch SP ping is back to 50ms ish but as soon as the action starts I have spikes from 80 to 200ms. Lots of desyncs and ruberbands. Same thing in DC (was working fine before the update).
All the Discord boys are having the same problem.

Now check this out:

WinMTR before opening PoE (pc restarted):
br.login.pathofexile.com
https://pastebin.com/H4Z9iTTp

WinMTR after opening PoE, going to hideout and closing PoE (no macros, steam still open, no updates going on):
br.login.pathofexile.com
https://pastebin.com/b2kpdRQx

Is that normal?

Watchig the ping graph ingame, it's 50, 60ms steady until I use a skill. From then on, spikes take over and never goes back to normal.

If it is my end, let me know what to say to them pls, but poe is the only thing I'm having problems with. TY!

me tiraba 60-80 de ping como a vos y era por el rango de IP, consegui cambiarlo y me anda otra vez a 40
"
kesotron wrote:

me tiraba 60-80 de ping como a vos y era por el rango de IP, consegui cambiarlo y me anda otra vez a 40

Gracias! hoy pruebo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info